Achievements

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: Achievements

Post by JFR » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:25 pm

dirtyoar wrote:My computer died on me a few months ago and, after the latest update, I started all over. I FINALLY got both bonus scenes again! However, I'm still missing a few things that I cannot for the life of me figure out. The first is Dedicated Worker - You Went Straight Home. Cannot seem to trigger this no matter what I try. And then there's Working Boy. Hovering over it tells me I have 24/26. However, 0nly 13 hints appear and I've completed all of them. Am I supposed to hit a button or something to see the other half? Any help would be appreciated.
If I recall correctly, that DW partial achievement is pretty straight forward. After asking if you can kick her fiance's ass, just say ok and go home. Don't make any other plans with her for that night.

The problem with the achievement bar not showing everything is a reported bug. I expect it will be fixed in a future release. Not much help for right now but we are all in it for the long haul. ;)

dirtyoar

Post by dirtyoar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:27 pm

You'd THINK so, right? I'm pretty sure I've tried every combination of not making a date with her and going home and I can't get it to trigger. What am I doing wrong? Oy... As you said though - we're in it for the long haul....

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:07 am

dirtyoar wrote:You'd THINK so, right? I'm pretty sure I've tried every combination of not making a date with her and going home and I can't get it to trigger. What am I doing wrong? Oy... As you said though - we're in it for the long haul....
Ok, I went back and looked at some of my old notes from that scene. [spoiler]It looks like the easiest way to get there goes all the way back to Wednesday morning at the office. If you do NOT flirt with Emily then you will have a low "Emily" score and she won't go to the bar that night. You can just flirt and make a date with Faith. Then, the next day at the office, after you go to the bathroom, notice Serenthia's shadow but not catch her and then return to the office, Emily will be crying at her desk. Comfort her and let her cry it out. During the following scene, you won't get very far before the webcam light interrupts you and you go back to work - no sexual activity for this play-through. You just comfort her.

After work, you say good-by to Jasmine and Emily will ask you to go with her to get her stuff. Agree and then just say "Sounds good" and go home. That should get you that achievement, sometimes known as DW2.

If that doesn't clear what you are missing, I'm guessing it is something else and you will need to ask Wolfschadowe for more specific help.[/spoiler]

dirtyoar

Post by dirtyoar » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:48 pm

Thanks for your detailed response JFR, though I just tried it and it STILL didn't trigger! Oh well, maybe Wolf can clue me in as to what I'm missing. We still have a month to wait for the next part anyway, so it's not like there's any rush!

mdnss86

Post by mdnss86 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:20 am

hello ppl can someone help me understand where i get the achievment form demo master: you read the instrunction!well done.! checked everywhere..

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:35 pm

dirtyoar wrote: though I just tried it and it STILL didn't trigger!
Many of the office achievements won't trigger until after you leave the office. The logic checks status based on the path while closing out the scene and preparing the next scene. The list is being truncated at 13 by the browser, likely Internet Explorer or Edge. Chrome gets almost to the end. Only Firefox seems to show the full information for that Achievement. Firefox is the preferred browser to play on, simply because I use firefox to test the game, which means most interface bugs have been found. Other than that, I'm browser agnostic.

For the Went straight home:[spoiler]The only requirement is that once you talk to Emily about Eddie, you should leave as soon as possible, without her or you asking for a date for Thursday night.[/spoiler]
mdnss86 wrote:hello ppl can someone help me understand where i get the achievment form demo master: you read the instrunction!well done.! checked everywhere..
Hint: Check the game menu.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:16 pm

mdnss86 wrote:hello ppl can someone help me understand where i get the achievment form demo master: you read the instrunction!well done.! checked everywhere..
Sounds like you need a little "Help." ;)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:51 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:.... The list is being truncated at 13 by the browser, likely Internet Explorer or Edge. Chrome gets almost to the end. Only Firefox seems to show the full information for that Achievement. Firefox is the preferred browser to play on, simply because I use firefox to test the game, which means most interface bugs have been found. Other than that, I'm browser agnostic. ...
Darn. Never thought to try that. I reinstalled Firefox to try it and that feature works like a champ.

I don't particularly like Firefox and had uninstalled it but now it looks like I will likely keep it just for gameplay.

dirtyoar

Post by dirtyoar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Alrighty - I am not very computer literate so I need a little help. I read Wolf's response to my inquiry and realized that I HAVE been playing the game with the Edge browser cause that was the default. I just went to try it with Chrome, since I also have that on my computer and all my achievements are gone. I noticed there is an Import Achievements function, but I don't know what folder Edge saved mine in. Can anyone help?

BEW - Artist

Post by Avatar1912 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi Dirtyoar,

Have you tried to enable the online Feature on your old browser so all saves and archivements will be uploaded to the BEW server when you reopen it on a another browser all saves and Archivements should be there.
Worked for me on IE10,Mozilla Firefox and Chrome diden`t tried it on the Edge browser so fare.

The Export tool does a download named :"bew-archivements.json" so maybe take a look into the downloadfolder.
Out of clutter, find simplicity.
From discord, find harmony.
In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
(Albert Einstein)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:51 pm

dirtyoar wrote:... I noticed there is an Import Achievements function, but I don't know what folder Edge saved mine in. Can anyone help?
Did you ever actually "Export Achievements" from Edge? If you did, the file can be found in your Windows "Downloads" folder. If you never actually did an Export, then you won't be able to Import them with Chrome as there is nothing to Import. If you haven't done a save or made any changes since you started playing in Chrome, you should be able to re-start the game in Edge, Export Achievements and Saves, quit Edge, restart in Chrome and then Import from the Downloads folder. If you did save or make changes, then you might have wiped out the old files. I hope that didn't happen.

The other option is as mentioned in the post above. If you ever played with "Online Features Enabled," then you might be able to enable them again in Chrome, log-in to the forum in another window and find your achievements that way. I would try the first idea before doing this, though.

Just to be sure you understand, Chrome works fine for the game but will not solve the problem of missing info in the achievement hints box. I was seeing the truncated list of achievements in Chrome just as you were seeing in Edge. The browser that Wolfschadowe mentioned that shows everything is Firefox. I tried that and can confirm it works as expected and shows everything. Firefox is free, just Google it and download if you wish to try it. I have decided to switch my game-play over to Firefox for the reason suggested by Wolf - it is the browser he uses for testing and should eliminate most surprises that occasionally pop up with others.

heymoa

Post by heymoa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:15 pm

JFR wrote:
heymoa wrote:Hi, trying to get on the Emily corruption path but cant seem to get her to 38 in the bar only 37. I have followed the walk through but cant seem to find the missing point.
If you are following the walk-thru, maybe the missing point is earlier. How many Emily points do you have when you finish up at the office that day before going to the bar? Should be 10.
Yes she has 10 rest have 3

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:50 pm

heymoa wrote:
JFR wrote:
heymoa wrote:Hi, trying to get on the Emily corruption path but cant seem to get her to 38 in the bar only 37. I have followed the walk through but cant seem to find the missing point.
If you are following the walk-thru, maybe the missing point is earlier. How many Emily points do you have when you finish up at the office that day before going to the bar? Should be 10.
Yes she has 10 rest have 3
Without knowing what choices you have made, it is only a guess but I wonder if you might be missing a "reputation" point even if you have all of the Emily "relationship" points. [spoiler]The first few that are often missed are 1.) noticing Serenthia looking in the window of the bar while Faith is making the drink, 2.) asking Faith about the couple making out in the booth, 3.) telling Faith that you can't blame the creep who stares at her because she is irresistible and 4.) answering Faith's question about Emily having trouble with her fiance with "I think so. She doesn't talk about it."

There are several other "reputation" points to be earned later, during the scene with Emily and Faith as well but you need to have all 4 of the above before Emily arrives. The general reputation score at this point should be 7.[/spoiler]
Remember that each girl's score is a sum of her relationship points plus Brad's reputation points.

coochaeman
Lunch Patron

Post by coochaeman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Hmmm, at this point I seem to be one point short for Working Boy and also one for Office Romance. It seems like if I can get Working Boy, I may get Office Romance, too. "Emily thought it was a bad idea and I agreed". I have no idea which scene this occurs in. I've played them all many times trying to find a spot where she thinks something or other is a bad idea so I could agree with her but so far I still haven't found anything that triggers the achievement.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:48 pm

coochaeman wrote:... "Emily thought it was a bad idea and I agreed". I have no idea which scene this occurs in. I've played them all many times trying to find a spot where she thinks something or other is a bad idea so I could agree with her but so far I still haven't found anything that triggers the achievement.
It has been a long time since I played that but as I recall - and looking at my old notes - that scene
spoiler: show