Favorite girl

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Re: Favorite girl

Post by infiniteignorance » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:So...what happens to Team Faith when the second redhead shows up?? :P
There's a second redhead? I'll tell you what happens. We all spontaneously combust. Two redheads is more than any mere mortal man can handle. :lol:

I'm definitely a sucker for redheads but I have to say the more I've played the game the more the other ladies have grown on me.

I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed for eating crackers. :D

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:34 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Wolfschadowe wrote:So...what happens to Team Faith when the second redhead shows up?? :P
There's a second redhead? I'll tell you what happens. We all spontaneously combust. Two redheads is more than any mere mortal man can handle. :lol: ...
I need to be careful what I say here and will probably get in a bit of trouble anyway. :P

One of the perks of being a patron around here is access to the patron-only forums listed at the bottom of the main index page. In those forums, Wolfschadowe is a bit more open with hints and possible spoilers that are not available to general members. That means we get to be a bit more "involved" in the creation process of the game and keep our interest up while waiting for the next episode. The question of the "new redhead" has been discussed in more depth in the "Lunch/Dinner" patron forum (and even more in "Awesome") and we now have a very nice hint as to who that might be. We also get occasional peeks at future game "spoiler" images and plot points. For those who might be interested in such "between releases" things, that just might be a reason to consider becoming a patron. :D FYI, the "Lunch" ($10.00) level has only cost those patrons about $20.00 total this year since Wolf only collects when he releases a new episode.

I can say the the whole question of "Favorite Girl" just seems to be getting more and more difficult to answer. And we are not done yet. ;)

KillJoy2190

Post by KillJoy2190 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:18 pm

I can't speak for all of us, but if this new redhead has even a tenth of Faith's sexiness, her sultriness, or her 'friendly' nature, then we'd change our name to Team Redhead and then:
infiniteignorance wrote:We['d] all spontaneously combust. Two redheads is more than any mere mortal man can handle. :lol:

coochaeman
Lunch Patron

Post by coochaeman » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:15 pm

Personally, I find Emily to be the most captivating. To me, she's the whole game. The other girls are just there to help break down Emily's inhibitions and to open her up to new sexual experiences. And to give me something to do when I can't get to Emily. Perhaps it's because I've worked with lots of "Emilys" through the years, ladies I could flirt with but only to the point where I was sure I could avoid the real-life bad endings. Really love living vicariously through Brad as he breaks down Emily's confining barriers, and am thrilled to see Emily hesitantly (yet enthusiastically) explore her new world.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Emily is certainly the most obvious "keeper." The girl you might bring home to the family and plan kids with. Frankly, I don't really see any of the others as being in that category. A fun and exciting fling, sure. They all would fill the bill there. Sexy, smart, fun, maybe a little frightening on occasion. But the future mother of your children? Nobody else seems to fit that category.

So, for a possible permanent partner, Emily is probably the best choice, or at least the most obvious. For a wild and exhausting weekend of adventure and mind-blowing sex, I see several of the others as a better fit. I suspect a long-term relationship with Sere or the upcoming "new redhead" would probably kill Brad. :lol:

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:28 pm

JFR you`re a very visionary man, but please don`t put pressure on Brad. Let him just enjoy this "week" without thinking about family, kids, mother-in-law etc. :lol:
Anyway, who knows, maybe Azumi`s deepest wish is a normal family with 12 children? Perhaps she`s just too frightened to admit it.

The problem with Emily is that she hasn`t quite succeed acting like "a keeper". She just got humiliated by her ex for being too much "unadventurous", so i don`t think Emily is in the right mood to start planning a "till death do us part" relationship. :D

xsandman78

Post by xsandman78 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:38 pm

JFR wrote:Emily is certainly the most obvious "keeper." The girl you might bring home to the family and plan kids with. Frankly, I don't really see any of the others as being in that category. A fun and exciting fling, sure. They all would fill the bill there. Sexy, smart, fun, maybe a little frightening on occasion. But the future mother of your children? Nobody else seems to fit that category.

So, for a possible permanent partner, Emily is probably the best choice, or at least the most obvious. For a wild and exhausting weekend of adventure and mind-blowing sex, I see several of the others as a better fit. I suspect a long-term relationship with Sere or the upcoming "new redhead" would probably kill Brad. :lol:
What family wouldn't want their son to bring back a stripper with strong lesbian leanings as a future daughter in law and mother to children.

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:00 am

JFR wrote:Emily is certainly the most obvious "keeper." The girl you might bring home to the family and plan kids with. Frankly, I don't really see any of the others as being in that category. A fun and exciting fling, sure. They all would fill the bill there. Sexy, smart, fun, maybe a little frightening on occasion. But the future mother of your children? Nobody else seems to fit that category.

JFR you might be just a tad bit to judgmental. Not all of us are worried about having the perfect woman to take home to our mother. Hell not all of us are worried about finding the right mother for our kids that would be approved by society. Not all of us are attracted to the same type of women. I sure as hell have never in my life considered what society, my family, kids, etc. etc. would think about the woman I choose to date would think. Hell not all of us are considered acceptable by current society's standards.
xsandman78 wrote:What family wouldn't want their son to bring back a stripper with strong lesbian leanings as a future daughter in law and mother to children.
Wow just a touch of sarcasm in this comment, or am I reading it wrong? Wow didn't realize that a stripper was such a degenerate, so you bag on her because of her chosen profession. Who cares what your family thinks of her if they cant look past the obvious and maybe see who she really is as a person?

I'm a touch drunk so I will try to keep myself at least somewhat in check but seriously y'all need to pull your heads out of your posterior and actually look at people. Quit being so quick to judge others for their personal choices and accept people as fellow human beings. Y'all may not agree with their life choices but guess what? That's ok cause you ain't got to live their life. You don't know who they are as people, what they had to overcome to get to where they are, you don't know shit about them. Yet here you sit bashing them cause they don't fit your idea of the perfect women. Yet you praise Emily who even when she was engaged to her ex willingly let Brad look up her skirt and flirted with him and yet she's ok? Natalie on the other hand is a stripper who likes women, and for some reason Brad as well, pays her own bills, and yet at this point doesn't cheat on anyone and she's your example for a bad person/one night stand? Definitely not a relationship approved person? Talk about judgmental and fucked up to boot. Y'all need to adjust your standards
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:21 am

Sebastian wrote:... Y'all need to adjust your standards
I don't really feel the NEED to do anything that someone on an internet discussion board tells me I NEED to do. On the other hand, perhaps someone here NEEDS to sober up before engaging in polite conversation.

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:34 am

Ok I will give you that "need" might of been the wrong choice of words, how about should. I'm not that drunk and how do you figure that bashing on someone because they don't fit your version of perfect is polite conversation? Judging someone by their job, sexual orientation, etc. etc. (when they at least have one and can make really good money) because your worried about what others (family, potential kids) might possibly think about them without know who they really are is about as shallow as you get. Its judging a book by its cover without ever taking the time to open it up and at least read a little bit of it.
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:29 pm

I wonder if anyone here actually plays erotic games for a good projection of what their own future life should be like.

If so: Losers. :geek:

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:20 pm

So, in writing BEW, I don't have any kind of agenda besides making a fun game that I'd like to play. I'm not trying to teach any kind of morality message or to try and tell people how to behave. At the same time, in my opinion, in order for a game to have depth, it needs to operate in some gray areas at some points of the story. These gray areas also allow for some interesting conversation and debate. Yes, I have my own ideas on things that I'm happy to share in conversations on the forum; however, I'm not going to insist that my ideas are the "right way" or "proper way" and that everyone should align their thinking to mine.

One thing that I am incredibly flattered about, is that BEW can elicit strong emotions from people. To me, that means that some people really care about the game, and to some extent, even the characters in the game. That's awesome if true. It means that I'm making good characters and telling a good story that is both involving and interesting.

So some topics I'll weigh in on here briefly, one is cheating. In my opinion, the definition of cheating is whatever the couple involved in the relationship consider it to be. For some couples, simply flirting with someone else might be considered cheating. On the other hand, if Natalie was in a relationship, and her partner was that type of person who felt that even flirting was cheating, then certainly giving someone a lap-dance would be considered cheating. Yet, other couples may allow sex with other people and have it not to be considered cheating, in what is sometimes called an open relationship. So the question of whether or not Emily is cheating on her fiance with Brad is really between Eddie and Emily, and the real question is whether or not Eddie would consider Emily flashing her underwear to Brad as cheating.

In regards to the status of strippers...Well like any profession, I think that some are really good, awesome people. Some really are working their way through college, and some are total whore sleazebags. Whether or not someone would take one home to their mother actually says more about the mother than the stripper. I know for a fact that my own mother has enjoyed a few fine meals in a strip establishment, and participated a little too gleefully in the show by stuffing various ladies' thongs, much to her son's growing embarrassment. :)

In regards to the status of those with a LGBT slant...well my family seems full of it. My late sister was gay, my brother is gay. Three cousins on my mothers side are gay, to on my fathers side are gay, and more. I kind of feel like Marissa Tomei describing the mechanics in her family for the movie "My Cousin Vinny".
Also factoring in the inordinate amount of bisexual people in my family, I'm firmly convinced there is no "choice" in the matter. People are what they are, and we should respect that. At the same time, some people may not be fully aware of their own sexuality, and in some cases may have some denial about it. This might normally be those who trying to deny within themselves that they are gay, but there's no reason that a few of those who identify as gay may have some bisexual tendencies.

So finally, in regards to forum rules. The overarching rule for BEW is "Don't be a jerk." I have a very low tolerance for it, and this thread has suddenly come very close to my threshold. It is not my intent here to single anyone out, directly or indirectly, so please don't take it that way. I absolutely want to hear everyone's viewpoint, and the only way for that to happen is to have open-minded, respectful conversations. Anyone trying to force your own viewpoint on others, especially by denigrating others for sharing their view point is considered being a jerk, in terms of the forum rules. Everyone is different, has different life experiences. Feel free to convince others of your viewpoint through sharing your experiences in a positive way, but keep it positive. Everyone should refer to the Forum Rules for a refresher. Consider this a first warning.

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:20 pm

It`s a good think to discuss about a game that we all enjoy, it`s just becomes bad when it turns personal.

We all come up from very different backgrounds and we all grew up in different ways. My parents for example are very conservative and a stripper is not considered "a normal" housewife by them. An open gay is a problem. Especially if he`s a guy. (i`m not quite "traditional" because i live in different circumstances my parents grew up).

The funny thing is that i found Natalie so well "designed", not only "physically" (very very sexy) but also as a character that i had this funny idea that she was openly favoured by the game-creators. Lol. I was surprised when Wolf didn`t mention Natalie "as his most favourite girl". :lol:

There is no "ideal" opinion and "ideal" way of life. In some circumstances the "liberal" way of life is just impossible and in some other circumstances the "conservative" way of life is out of place and/or time.

Brad is of course living in modern times, in a modern city, so it is quite normal that Brad (or his family...if that matters) doesn`t have any problem with Natalie being a stripper or gay (in fact he seems to be very aroused by the possibility of her being a bisexual... which is very normal for almost every man, i think).

So hey, just enjoy, no need for labels.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:52 am

JFR wrote:Emily is certainly the most obvious "keeper."
She is Canon, after all...
JFR wrote:The girl you might bring home to the family and plan kids with. Frankly, I don't really see any of the others as being in that category.
I could see Faith filling that role. She really likes Brad. There is no indication that she has a bad reputation. If she did, Brad probably would have mentioned it, even if only in his inner monologue. So while she may be a bit adventurous with the right people, she appears to be discrete. No doubt she would be the "fun" mom.

Natalie could make a good wife. She is very nurturing. I think she would make a great mom. Unfortunately for Brad I think Natalie is mostly lesbian and would not be agreeable to marriage (with Brad). I could see them having sex. I think one of the better endings would have Brad and Natalie end up as very good friends, especially if Brad can manage a long term relationship with someone else.

Not sure how Jasmine would work out because we haven't seen her inclusion content yet. At the moment, I don't think she would be a good fit for Brad. I think an affair with her would be a BAD IDEA for Brad. She is attracted to Brad and I think would have sex with him ASAP, but I don't think she would be interested in a long term relationship.

As for as the rest of the women in the game, I like Azumi but don't trust her. I don't know enough about Serenthia to make any call other than she is dangerous. Of the two women we haven't met yet, I think the younger of them could fall for Brad big time. Just playing a hunch on that one...
JFR wrote:So, for a possible permanent partner, Emily is probably the best choice,
I actually think Natalie would be the best choice if Brad was female. Since he's not, I think Faith would be the best choice.
JFR wrote:For a wild and exhausting weekend of adventure and mind-blowing sex, I see several of the others as a better fit.
This may seem counter intuitive, but I think Emily would be the best choice for short term mind-blowing sex. She is going to explore her adventurous side in the near future and the guy who helps her out is in for a treat. That's why I think it is unlikely that Brad ends up with "wild" Emily. For a Brad and Emily "happy ever after", I think he should skip the wild stuff and take her to dinner and a movie ...

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:30 am

d22249 wrote:... For a Brad and Emily "happy ever after", I think he should skip the wild stuff and take her to dinner and a movie ...
Agreed. Emily for dinner and a movie and Faith for the strip club people-watching date that might end up in a 3- or 4-some. I think the various 3-way Emily-Faith-together "wild evening" dates starting at the bar might well end badly for our hero. Of course, we will have to follow those paths. Merely for the sake of completion, you know. :twisted:

As a long-time member of Team Natalie, I wish I could see something there for long-term happiness but I just can't. Take her out and see where things go, sure. She would quite possibly be the most fun to be with. Have a hot and wild time with her - and whomever comes with that package. I just can't help thinking that she, deep down, actually wants to get back with Azumi as much as Azumi does. Nat just can't admit that to herself yet. She likes Brad a lot but she still loves Azumi. That could be hard to overcome. Remember that her happiness is as important as his.

Jasmine is cute and spunky but just too young for Brad. She has a crush but teen-aged crushes tend to lack long-term traction for the most part. I actually experienced one of those in my 30s and it can be exhausting, in more ways than one. I think Brad needs her geek skills more than her teen sexpot skills.

As for the 3 - er - strangers, I think we need more info to even daydream there. I'll reserve judgement until Season 2.