Poll: Scene end summary screen

General discussion of the overall game goes here.

Should an option exist to display and end of scene summary page after completing each scene?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Yes, show me the details!
82%
No, keep the game flow!
18%

Total votes: 22

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Poll: Scene end summary screen

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:42 pm

So, against my better judgement, I've been thinking again. Is there any interest for a summary screen at the end of each scene?

What I'm thinking of is a screen that would show up at the end of a scene and show the current path, a list of found and missing activities and/or knowledge gates, maybe a retry button to load a beginning of scene autosave and/or a convenient load game panel, and of course, a continue to the next scene option. Share ideas below if you have any.

I would expect the screen to be optional so that the game could be played without the break in flow that it would cause, but if there's not enough interest or if most people would just keep it off, I won't burn time to create the functionality. Overall, it won't be hard to do and the bulk of the time will be just making the initial interface but filling it with info for each scene won't add much time to any episode.

Poll will run for 7 days. Votes can be changed up to close. No recounts! :P

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Re: Poll: Scene end summary screen

Post by infiniteignorance » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:51 pm

I think a summary scene should show telling you how many options you missed so you know whether or not you need to go back.

I do not think it should be any more specific than "you missed X number of options."

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:51 pm

I suppose if you wanted to get "creative" you could have each girl appear and tell you what you missed herself.

"Oh, so you thought I was that kind of girl? Wrong!"

Or

"I am that kind of girl but you just aren't that kind of boy, are you?"

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:49 am

Just an observation. There are only about a half dozen regulars who check in here as often as every week. You might not get very many votes in that period of time.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:28 am

JFR wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:49 am
Just an observation. There are only about a half dozen regulars who check in here as often as every week. You might not get very many votes in that period of time.
True, but the poll is quite one-sided even with the few votes it has received thus far. While certainly possible it's highly improbable the next half dozen votes all go in the opposite direction. We may not agree on much else but we all like to know how close we are to getting laid, even if it's virtual. :lol:

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:45 am

Okay, time for me to input and get everyone upset. As for the poll, Your asking a very unique sample for an opinion. These are folks who have hung around how long waiting for progress in the game. This is not going to be your average player once the game gets up and running. So please be cautious when drawing conclusions from these results. You may find valuable information to use however some of it could be tainted by the sample.

Cabin Fever

Post by Cabin Fever » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 am

While it would be nice to have that status update, after every scene is probably too much and hugely immersion breaking. Maybe at the end of each day, or twice a day (once after work and once at the end of the night) would be better.

Solent
Lunch Patron

Post by Solent » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Cabin Fever wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 am
While it would be nice to have that status update, after every scene is probably too much and hugely immersion breaking. Maybe at the end of each day, or twice a day (once after work and once at the end of the night) would be better.
I like the idea of having it at the end of the day.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:18 am

dutch wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:45 am
Your asking a very unique sample for an opinion. These are folks who have hung around how long waiting for progress in the game. This is not going to be your average player once the game gets up and running. So please be cautious when drawing conclusions from these results. You may find valuable information to use however some of it could be tainted by the sample.
This is a very valid point, and I will be sure to keep it in mind. At the same time, you patient, dedicated, crazy few will get some extra consideration as thanks. :)
Cabin Fever wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 am
Hmm, I might look into how hard it would be to have an option like: (After Each scene / Twice a day / End of Day / or End of Act / None) Something to think about. It's about planning the ability into the framework at this point. If the ability is there, I can easily add it at any time, and just skip over it until it's ready. What I call, adding a hook. I can hook in the functionality later, or if the hook is empty, just skip over it.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:48 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:18 am
Hmm, I might look into how hard it would be to have an option like: (After Each scene / Twice a day / End of Day / or End of Act / None) Something to think about. It's about planning the ability into the framework at this point. If the ability is there, I can easily add it at any time, and just skip over it until it's ready. What I call, adding a hook. I can hook in the functionality later, or if the hook is empty, just skip over it.
Oh, so you're a hooker? :lol:

PHP jokes ...

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:51 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:48 am
Oh, so you're a hooker?

PHP jokes ...
Yeah, but I only keep the big ones.

Fishing jokes ...

OpineegChipp
Lunch Patron

Post by OpineegChipp » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:12 pm

Oops, I missed the seven days, but if you want my two cents I'd say have the "recap" once at the end of the day/evening.

OpineegChipp
Lunch Patron

Post by OpineegChipp » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Ha! If I'd have scrolled up a little more I'd have seen the results... very good! Keep up the good work. Good luck!

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:19 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:51 pm
infiniteignorance wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:48 am
Oh, so you're a hooker?

PHP jokes ...
Yeah, but I only keep the big ones.

Fishing jokes ...
Just keeping it reel ...

Regardie

Post by Regardie » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:27 pm

Missed the poll as well, but I would go with an end of day recap. Brad thinking about the days events and how they went could lead to a status page. Or if the day ends in bed with someone, it could roll over into a wake up and reflect intro to the status page.