Developer Ramblings and Questions

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Developer Ramblings and Questions

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Valerielychee wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:08 pm
I didn't know of your original plan vs what it became, but your original plan seemed great and exciting: doing the simplest paths to understand how to achieve the elite paths...
The original plan is still the current plan, although it has evolved a bit, but at the root of it, the plan is the same. It's intended to learn from the easier paths to succeed at the elite paths.
One problem that became apparent with the episodic release schedule is that many, if not all players wanted to beat the elite paths NOW. The problem was that much of the needed information and characterization hasn't happened yet since much comes over the weekend, during the day two night dates, and some near the end of the game for the easy paths. In other words, to understand the elite path reasoning you would have to beat the entire game on an easy path with that woman. There just isn't enough information yet to do it without brute force playing on the elite paths. The four levels of path difficulty are from easiest to hardest: Easy, Standard, Elite, Corruption.
The original plan was to have Four Easy, Four Standard, One Elite, and one corruption path per character, but that also was including separate paths for Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulty, which was the worst design ever. Requiring playing on different difficulty levels to see different content was just dumb. It meant that playing only on hard, you would not be able to access 1/3 of the content.

Now one thing I should be clear about, when I say paths, what I really mean are endings. The easy ending for each character is big and wide with many paths. Emily's, for example, doesn't matter if you go to the club or the bar on day 1, or the bar or her apartment on day 2. It will catch many failed standard or Elite paths where Emily is the focus, and Faith's easy ending will catch many failed or elite paths where Faith is the focus. This diagram shows what I mean. Aim for standard endings and miss, and you are almost guaranteed at least the Easy ending. Aim for a corruption ending an miss, and you are likely to end the relationship. Think Ski-ball. :D

Ending diagram example
spoiler: show

Valerielychee wrote:
(i) for achievements containing several parts, the various parts to still be viewable once the achievement is obtained;
Already incorporated to the new engine.
Valerielychee wrote:
the possibility to erase the achievements
Just a button in the new engine, already there. :)
Valerielychee wrote:
ith a real import / export possibility as for the saves
New engine, saves are a file on the drive. Put them on a USB key or whatever you want. Delete them, restore them, etc...
xsandman78 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:37 am
i relied on the ceased 'aif sans mysteries' walkthroughs
The walkthroughs have moved to a wiki and are open for anyone to continue them. I don't have the link handy, but that's the unofficially sanctioned walkthrough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:35 pm
... The walkthroughs have moved to a wiki and are open for anyone to continue them. I don't have the link handy, but that's the unofficially sanctioned walkthrough.
https://bradseroticweek.fandom.com/wiki ... _Week_Wiki

palinathas
BEW Tester

Post by palinathas » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:45 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:35 pm
Now one thing I should be clear about, when I say paths, what I really mean are endings. The easy ending for each character is big and wide with many paths. Emily's, for example, doesn't matter if you go to the club or the bar on day 1, or the bar or her apartment on day 2. It will catch many failed standard or Elite paths where Emily is the focus, and Faith's easy ending will catch many failed or elite paths where Faith is the focus. This diagram shows what I mean. Aim for standard endings and miss, and you are almost guaranteed at least the Easy ending. Aim for a corruption ending an miss, and you are likely to end the relationship. Think Ski-ball. :D

Ending diagram example
spoiler: show

Wonderful diagram and explanation!!! Sounds great! Thank you for not only the game, but explaining so many "why's"!

poke23
Master Tester / Moderator

Post by poke23 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:35 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:28 pm
I'm not sure what you mean by a locked wall?
Better late than never right? :)

I just meant in the sense that a path you're taking would eventually end in a screen that says "this content coming soon"

Either release the entire path at once or leave it out and only release completed paths