Least favorite gal and why?

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Re: Least favorite gal and why?

Post by infiniteignorance » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:27 pm

xsandman78 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 pm
Emily is the one I’ve found least interesting. There’s probably a bit of an element of me pushing back at the prominence coupled with less visual appeal.

I’m probably going to suffer as I like Natalie the most as character both in terms of looks and in terms characterization from club scene and cafe date. Was hoping based on initial presentation not that she’d be converted but that she was not as absolute than initial protestations and more open to feeling something for brad. whereas I was never interested in the whole lesbian threesome approach.
I'm completely into Natalie visually. The one who does nothing for me visually is Azumi. But that's a personal bias of mine. It's very rare that I find Asian women attractive. I don't think it's fair to call her the least interesting character based upon her being the last one I'd boink.

Valerielychee
Dinner Patron

Post by Valerielychee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:55 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:42 am
A lesbian [...] isn't going to be persuaded by white knight chivalry or anything else.
I disagree with the belief that a lesbian cannot be turned into having a romantic relationship with a man, and this comes from experience (not personal though): I have a couple of friends whose story is the following: she was straight, he was gay. They fell in love with each other, and for him, it was despite the fact that he was gay. They are now married with a daughter and it's been more than 20 years. This does not mean that he is not still gay, because he is, it means that sometimes, love conquers all, even your sexual tendency. I think their story is a beautiful one, one of falling in love with a soul, whatever its physical "casing". And it is a true story.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:50 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:00 pm
I don't know if Faith is erotic or just slutty but, frankly, I could go for her either way.

What does that say about me?
In my earliest notes, when I first started thinking up the characters for the game, the very first description I made on Faith was "Sexy little vixen." Does that help?
xsandman78 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 pm
that she was not as absolute than initial protestations and more open to feeling something for brad.
Love comes in many different flavors.
infiniteignorance wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:27 pm
I'm completely into Natalie visually. The one who does nothing for me visually is Azumi. But that's a personal bias of mine. It's very rare that I find Asian women attractive. I don't think it's fair to call her the least interesting character based upon her being the last one I'd boink.
One of my concerns with the remake into the Unreal engine (which is going well) is that I can't exactly match up the characters. I must re-create every character from scratch, and I've decided not to try and make them look the same as the old ones. I'm hoping for more of a Dick York/Dick Sargent style switch of actors, where nobody really notices. (Aging myself a bit, extra credit for naming the show without Google's help!!) I expect that I'll take a lot of heat when the new characters roll out. Maybe think of it more as a reboot with new actors instead of a remaster at this point. Their personalities and stories will be the same, but I'm going to tweak a couple of the early scenes now that I have the chance.
Valerielychee wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:55 pm
They fell in love with each other, and for him, it was despite the fact that he was gay.
HEY! No fair looking at the developers notes! :P

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:14 pm

I definitely noticed the York/Sergeant switch, which was rather jarring. It was like they thought they could just wiggle a nose and magically transform Darren. I'm not playing the "Guess the Show" game though.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:23 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:50 pm
infiniteignorance wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:00 pm
I don't know if Faith is erotic or just slutty but, frankly, I could go for her either way.

What does that say about me?
In my earliest notes, when I first started thinking up the characters for the game, the very first description I made on Faith was "Sexy little vixen." Does that help?

One of my concerns with the remake into the Unreal engine (which is going well) is that I can't exactly match up the characters. I must re-create every character from scratch, and I've decided not to try and make them look the same as the old ones. I'm hoping for more of a Dick York/Dick Sargent style switch of actors, where nobody really notices. (Aging myself a bit, extra credit for naming the show without Google's help!!) I expect that I'll take a lot of heat when the new characters roll out. Maybe think of it more as a reboot with new actors instead of a remaster at this point. Their personalities and stories will be the same, but I'm going to tweak a couple of the early scenes now that I have the chance.
It says I was right about drooling over the Faith content. Because I am a pig. At least I admit it. :lol:

And, if you're a certain age, you have two women who sit high above everyone else who has ever walked this earth: Barbara Eden and Elizabeth Montgomery.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:56 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:23 pm
And, if you're a certain age, you have two women who sit high above everyone else who has ever walked this earth: Barbara Eden and Elizabeth Montgomery.
Truth.

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Totally agree

palinathas
BEW Tester

Post by palinathas » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 am

JFR wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:14 pm
I definitely noticed the York/Sergeant switch, which was rather jarring. It was like they thought they could just wiggle a nose and magically transform Darren. I'm not playing the "Guess the Show" game though.
Definitely odd for me to be in the younger group of people....I was not around to see that show during its initial run, but I certainly did enjoy it in syndication!

As to the actual topic question, personally I find A and E the least interesting. J, F and N I feel are just unrealistic enough to be fun to fantasize about. A is too fantasy, and E is rather "normal". Of course if her character develops in more fun ways, I may enjoy her more. If I were Brad, I would totally be pursuing F and J. Of course I enjoy the entire story, and cannot wait to start seeing more of it! Hope the conversion is going smoothly!

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:07 am

palinathas wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 am
As to the actual topic question, personally I find A and E the least interesting. J, F and N I feel are just unrealistic enough to be fun to fantasize about. A is too fantasy, and E is rather "normal". Of course if her character develops in more fun ways, I may enjoy her more. If I were Brad, I would totally be pursuing F and J. Of course I enjoy the entire story, and cannot wait to start seeing more of it! Hope the conversion is going smoothly!
As much fun as it would be to wear Jasmine out in the bedroom she would wear him out everywhere else.

Take it from someone who has two girls who were that age once.

Valerielychee
Dinner Patron

Post by Valerielychee » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:18 am

Very strange new topics appeared this 28 June. Do they really think they are going to find new buyers this way?

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:55 pm

Valerielychee wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:18 am
Very strange new topics appeared this 28 June. Do they really think they are going to find new buyers this way?
Spam bots. Usually JFR or Wolfschadowe delete them before most of you see them.

I see them a lot because I lurk ... :lol:

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Valerielychee wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:18 am
In the middle of a "spam wave". We'll go a few weeks without anything, and then get targeted. I ban the IP address of every spammer, but it's a losing game. The only way to really stop it from hitting the forums is to enable post moderation for the first 10 or so posts that people make, and I don't want to do that unless spam becomes a huge problem. I still want the forum to feel welcoming to newbies and first post moderation can be off-putting to some.

Huge thanks to JFR for his diligence on killing the spam. He beats me to about 90% of it. :D
palinathas wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 am
Of course if her character develops in more fun ways, I may enjoy her more.
You never know, she may end up being the wildest of the bunch. ;)

palinathas
BEW Tester

Post by palinathas » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:55 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:37 pm
You never know, she may end up being the wildest of the bunch. ;)
Can't wait to find out!!