Achievements

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
NickNKVD

Achievements

Post by NickNKVD » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Did you manage to have them all?
Which is your favorite? Which one is the easiest? The most difficult?

I had almost given up on the bonus, because I missed only Drunkard and I could not get it. Only after many weeks I succeeded, but it was random because clicked on the wrong area in an image.
I was very lucky :D

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Achievements

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:12 pm

NickNKVD wrote: because I missed only Drunkard and I could not get it.
I'll admit, the Drunkard achievement is a little nuts on what's required to earn it. I've thought about removing some of the criteria, but the purpose of the "find all the endings" achievements is to help ensure that those who want to see the entire game will be able to do so. In the case of the Bar endings, most of them have two branches, one that continues in the Bar on Thursday, and one that continues in the Strip Club. The key to the drunkard achievement is that any time you have the opportunity to ask Faith on a date, or not ask her, in this scene each is considered a different endings. So, for example, after the double blow job, asking to meet at the bar is one ending, and asking to meet at the strip club is a different ending. The same goes for after following Emily into the bathroom. Asking Faith to meet at the strip club is one ending, and not asking is another ending.

It seems kind of dumb, on the surface, to have something that minor affect the earning of the achievement, but each leads to a different outcome on Thursday, which is why that achievement takes so many endings to fire.

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:59 am

I have to agree that the Drunkard was the hardest. In the end and since I did EP1 and EP2 in order most of the achievements in the Club were easiest. I found most of them totally by accident fairly quickly but unfortunately didn't start doing save games right away and had to recreate them. The absolute easiest ending to find at the club was the Azumi inclusion ending. Found it quickly by accident but was able to recreate at will. The last ending I needed to complete The club path was the zero point ending. It was in fact the easiest one in the game which I made somewhat hard by doing in Easy and Medium first. Figured out that i needed to do it in Hard.

Angelike

Post by Angelike » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:38 pm

I have all the achievements but as Drunkard achievement is very annoying so it's probably hardest.
That's In my opinion and it would seem the creators opinion too :D

Wish I found ExLibris site before I played the game though :P

Wolfschadowe game is easily the best of its kind out there and I say this on every forum I am a member of
Demo Master (EP1)
You did it! You've seen and done everything in the demo/Episode 1

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Angelike wrote:I have all the achievements but as Drunkard achievement is very annoying so it's probably hardest.
Yep, but it will make a lot more sense as we get into episodes 7 and 8. :)
Angelike wrote:Wolfschadowe game is easily the best of its kind out there and I say this on every forum I am a member of
Thank you Angelike! I am glad you are enjoying the game.

benedict

Post by benedict » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:20 am

I think it would be nice to have some hints on what we're missing in multi-part achievements. For example having Working Boy on 24/26 with all other achievements complete gives you absolutely no idea what you have to do differently to complete it. The achievement should be possible without looking at a walkthrough or the code. It would be nice to have either a list of hints for all mini-achievements we're missing or have an achievement linked to all parts of a multi-part achievements.

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:33 am

benedict wrote:I think it would be nice to have some hints on what we're missing in multi-part achievements.
Something like what you mentioned is already implemented and will be in the next episode.

benedict

Post by benedict » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:14 pm

kexter wrote:Something like what you mentioned is already implemented and will be in the next episode.
Awesome! Thanks a lot for that :)

Shepard

Post by Shepard » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:34 am

kexter wrote:
benedict wrote:I think it would be nice to have some hints on what we're missing in multi-part achievements.
Something like what you mentioned is already implemented and will be in the next episode.
Thanks for all the good work, Kexter! :)

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:14 am

kexter wrote:Something like what you mentioned is already implemented and will be in the next episode.
Thank Gosh. I am at 8/10 for Office Romance, 8/9 for Dedicated Worker, and 25/26 for Working Boy and for the life of me I can't figure out where I am missing anything. Im sure it will all come down to one action/ending but I have effectively giving up.
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:14 am

Sebastian wrote:... for the life of me I can't figure out where I am missing anything. ...
Simply keeping track of what has been satisfied and what has not is the hardest part of getting to see the bonus scenes. I have them all now but it was a struggle finding the last 2 or 3. I will be very happy to have a way to track all of that in future episodes. Wolf also suggested the possibility that the new inclusions might "break" some already completed achievements, requiring another run through to complete them all. Without a "tracker," that would be very difficult and time consuming but by identifying what is done and what is not, we can work specifically on the missing achievements. That should also help those who are missing one or more from the earlier episodes, identifying just what is lacking.

This is one change that would have to be considered an upgrade.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:00 pm

The way the Achievement update for new content will work is if you have, 9/9 for Dedicated worker, and if the inclusion adds two, you would then have 9/11 for Dedicated worker. You won't need to re-acquire the other 9.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:49 pm

But the other question is, if someone is now 8/9, will the next update include some way for him to figure out just what is missing? That has been the biggest frustration. I thought Kexter had addressed that some time back but can't recall just what was said.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:10 pm

JFR wrote:But the other question is, if someone is now 8/9, will the next update include some way for him to figure out just what is missing?
Yes. See spoiler for an example. (Preview...Not final and may change)
spoiler: show
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:35 pm

That (or something like it) looks great!

If we were talking about a few achievements here and there it wouldn't really matter but with dozens in the mix, having that info will be a "game changer." (pun intended) I recall that when I was still working to find them all I spent probably a dozen or more replays looking for one last achievement I thought I was missing, only to find I actually had it and was missing something else. That was frustrating to say the least. :(