What's Wolfschadowe up to?

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: What's Wolfschadowe up to?

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:13 pm

dutch wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:08 am
Wolf can actually get to doing it rather then waste time with our silly suggestions.
Actually, I like hearing the silly suggestions. I'll trash most of them, but occasionally one comes along to inspire me on something, and that's worth all the duds.
palinathas wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:45 am
Tell us if we can help, if not that's cool too!
Animations. That's the biggest thing that could help me for anyone who has spare time and DAZ assets in their hands. Load up a nude Genesis 8 figure (Male and/or female) in DAZ, and convert poses into animation frames. Or create full animations like gesturing, breathing, standing up and sitting down on various surfaces, or whatever can be thought of. If they somewhat match some of the images or animations from the game, even better.
How To in Spoiler
spoiler: show
ThorKruger117 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:13 pm
A happy Wolf is a productive Wolf. You do you, my friend.
[/list]Thanks ThorKruger and Everyone else! You are all an awesome community!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:52 pm

spoiler: show

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:03 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:52 pm
Genesis 8 basic female does not come with the Daz3D package I downloaded yesterday. Do you know where I can get it?
It should be included in the starter content. Very recently, I think DAZ separated it's downloads. You should be able to locate it in one of two places I'm not sure which is valid now as I already have the content.:

Option 1: In Daz, from the Smart Content Tab, Ensure "Products" is selected at the top left. At the bottom left, make sure "Filter by Context" is NOT checked. (This hides incompatible stuff to make finding compatible stuff easier) Then make sure the "All" or "Available" Tab at the bottom is selected. Finally, AFTER all of that (because Daz is Quirky) make sure the "All Products" or "Figures" item in the list on the left is selected.

You are looking for "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" Double click on it and it should start downloading, as indicated by the image going from Black and white to color.

Option 2: From the DAZ website, download and install the DIM "Daz Install Manager" That should list the starter content as owned and you can install from there. The install manager is available from you account Product library.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:05 pm

One more instruction:

Make sure in the "Smart content" tab, that at the top left, if it says "Login" with a blue button, you need to login with your Daz credentials to access the free content.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:07 pm

The issue seems to be that they have a problem with their EULA acceptance. It is showing an error message. You have to be able to accept the EULA to access the content. I'll try again later.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:19 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:13 pm
Animations.
OK, I have Daz 4.12 and several Gen 8 figures to play with, and I am 'on leave' next week as opposed to 'working from home', and i need an excuse to play with Daz and see how my new home build PC (Ryzen 3700 with 32Gb an RTX 2080 nVidia graphics card and twin SSD drives) copes with the renders. I'm not rich, I just cashed in the tax-free bit of my pension to clear some debts before all this recent ruckus kicked off, and found myself with a few quid spare.

It is quick, but i am getting random BSODs: i heard that windows 10 has some problems with nVidia cards and am hoping that the recent OS and driver updates will stop that.

If i have any luck, I will put the results in a shared Drop Box folder for you to have a gander at.

I presume that you want vanilla Gen 8 figures so that you can drop your own morphs onto them?

Do you need scenery/props or just the figures moving about?

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:22 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:07 pm
The issue seems to be that they have a problem with their EULA acceptance. It is showing an error message. You have to be able to accept the EULA to access the content. I'll try again later.
If you can't do that from within Daz, you should be able to do it from your Daz account via a web browser. If not, their support team is pretty good at sorting things out.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:42 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:19 pm
It is quick, but i am getting random BSODs: i heard that windows 10 has some problems with nVidia cards and am hoping that the recent OS and driver updates will stop that.
I am running a very similar setup, except an Intel i9-9900 instead of the Ryzen and have no BSOD against my RTX2080. I'm also rocking a GTX980 for my secondary screens. All windows 10. Rock solid. Just brainstorming, but maybe it's the AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU that's causing issues? I'm sure AMD wants you to rock AMD GPU's also. :D
Tao Dude wrote:
I presume that you want vanilla Gen 8 figures so that you can drop your own morphs onto them?
Yeah, Vanilla Gen 8. It's the skeleton that is important. The shapes are baked on export and you get shape + skeleton + materials all separate. Animations are based on the skeleton. Sometimes morphs are involved, but they get baked with the animation frame and attached to the skeleton motion. When I'm importing animations to unreal, I just take the skeleton motion data and shape morph data (like joint control morphs that smooth bends.) Everything else is discarded. Everything is relational based on a circle when it comes to skeleton moves. (i.e. move the knee 10% in the negative direction = Bend the knee 36 degrees) Since all the characters use the Genesis 8 skeleton, all animations are interchangeable. Unreal is smart enough to scale the animations between say Natalie, at 6' and Faith at 5'6, and make them interchangeable, primarily in things like gestures and walking. What is not interchangeable, however, would be male animations interacting with Natalie and trying to transfer those to interacting with Faith. An animation of Brad grabbing Natalie's boobs might end up being an animation of Brad gouging Faiths eyes out. :D Not ideal. heh. Hope all that makes sense.
Tao Dude wrote:
Do you need scenery/props or just the figures moving about?
Don't need scenery and props. But be conscious of height. Use whatever prop you want for chairs/desks etc, but keep in mind that the poses and animations should interact with props in a generic way that would work on many similar props and won't need the exact prop you are using.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:35 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:42 pm
Just brainstorming, but maybe it's the AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU that's causing issues? I'm sure AMD wants you to rock AMD GPU's also. :D
Could be. The Stop Code I am getting seems to be a memory protection violation: something writing to a protected Critical Structure.
Wolfschadowe wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:42 pm
Don't need scenery and props. But be conscious of height. Use whatever prop you want for chairs/desks etc, but keep in mind that the poses and animations should interact with props in a generic way that would work on many similar props and won't need the exact prop you are using.
OK. I'll just create some standard blocks that approximate to nominal heights for beds, benches, chairs, bar stools and sofas (he says, brimming with confidence before he's actually tried it :D :D :D :D :D ).