Quest Helper?

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Re: Quest Helper?

Post by Tao Dude » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:15 am

lurking wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:21 pm
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Really??? a *lot* of people? This is the first post that I have seen expressing any form of dissent. All the posts I have seen so far have been supportive of the inclusions.
lurking wrote:
The two additions are not really interesting ones because they don’t make a notable difference (from a personality perspective) to other romanceable characters.
Are we playing the same game? Azumi's storyline adds a signifiant dimension to Natalie's backstory, and Jasmine adds a bit of potential tension between Brad and Emily, by making Emily jealous, and she's pretty hot.
lurking wrote:
Also, adding paths for each of them makes the game even more complicated for no actual benefit that exceeds the sexual encounters.

At least according to my own perception.
Your perception: fair enough, you are entitled to your viewpoint, I just happen to disagree with it, mainly because for me the story and the intellectual challenge of finding what makes each girl tick are more important. The sexual encounters are the icing on what is already a pretty good cake.

Oh, and i love complicated, it's what gets me up for work in the mornings.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 am

Tao Dude wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:15 am
Really??? a *lot* of people? This is the first post that I have seen expressing any form of dissent. All the posts I have seen so far have been supportive of the inclusions.
It was a Douglas Adams quote... :)

winter

Post by winter » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:10 pm

So far, yah, I really like the contributions that both Azumi and Jasmine bring to the story potential, for how they affect the other more central characters, but also for their interactions in themselves.

Wolf, I must say, compared to most every other adult game out there that I have seen, BEW is way more suited to my tastes.

That said, I think Tlaero's games are also excellent - too bad she's not making them anymore.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:01 pm

lurking wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 am
Tao Dude wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:15 am
It was a Douglas Adams quote... :)
Slaps forehead in disgust at being incredibly dense. I had my suspicions, but dismissed it, because most Hitch-Hiker's quotes I make fall on deaf ears these days, it being nearly 20 years since his demise.

Extra glad I didn't go off on one now, because that would have made me look even more stupid :oops: :oops: :D :D :D

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pm

winter wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:10 pm
I think Tlaero's games are also excellent - too bad she's not making them anymore.
Check out Tora's Patreon page: it turns out that retirement didn't suit her and she's only gone and written a complete game that just needs Mortze to add his magic visual touch.

Although it looks like this will be her swansong, apart from keeping her hand in with Elsa's nightmares.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:01 pm
Slaps forehead in disgust at being incredibly dense.
Don't worry. I'm not quite good at that either. ;)

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:37 pm

lurking wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:37 pm
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Too bad. I created the universe anyway. :P
lurking wrote:
The two additions are not really interesting ones because they don’t make a notable difference (from a personality perspective) to other romanceable characters.
For Jasmine, so far, I would agree. Only because we haven't had any real story with her yet to start fleshing out her character. Hopefully there are hints of differences with Azumi and filling out that dynamic. She has some ... unique ... aspects that can be interesting later on. As the stories develop, hopefully you will see some divergence of the characters that are more notable.
lurking wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 am
It was a Douglas Adams quote...
So...Many...Great...Quotes. For someone who is NOT a morning person, one of my favorites is:
“Nobody got murdered before lunch. But nobody. People weren't up to it. You needed a good lunch to get both the blood-sugar and blood-lust levels up.”
And don't get me started about the two ducks!
winter wrote:
Wolf, I must say, compared to most every other adult game out there that I have seen, BEW is way more suited to my tastes.
Thanks Winter. The game isn't for everyone, but I got tired of most of the rest.
winter wrote:
That said, I think Tlaero's games are also excellent - too bad she's not making them anymore.
Agreed. She also lent her hand to BEW, for which I am eternally grateful. We almost collaborated on a full game, but our schedules didn't line up, and I was too slow in cranking out pictures. :)

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:29 pm

I'm not as well informed on the inner workings of the game as many, however I see no harm in bringing in the other 2 romantic options. Once completed I'm sure they will enrich the game for all to play. My concern is that I hope Wolf has enough time and help to complete this task. The scale of this undertaking is daunting at best. It would seem that for Wolf this goal is almost a dream or obsession depending on how things are going at the time. I respect the effort and the courage of the undertaking. As one myself who occasionally finds projects to be perhaps more then expected I will sit and wait and do whatever I can to assist. As many folks are doing. I think this could be something very special when done. I wish those in the trenches all the luck in the world as they carry on in the effort to complete this.

xsandman78

Post by xsandman78 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:34 pm

I want to see how the Natalie date and beyond go but I can’t really say I have any issues with basis of the decision to add the characters. Mainly because We’d still be stood at a fork in the road(just a slightly different one) with wolf’s head under the bonnet working out if the engine can be got running.

winter

Post by winter » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:18 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pm
Check out Tora's Patreon page: it turns out that retirement didn't suit her and she's only gone and written a complete game that just needs Mortze to add his magic visual touch.

Although it looks like this will be her swansong, apart from keeping her hand in with Elsa's nightmares.
That's great news, Dude, thanks for the reference. I checked Tora's page and read Tlaero's message. It's great that she's had some nice time off, and that she's 'coming to grips' with things in her life. I'm quite pleased she's back in for at least one more game... and I'm happy to hear that we'll get to see what happens after James' indiscretion.

Sounds like it will be quite some time before LCfK is out, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait, just like Brad's continuing story...