A couple of pics and thoughts

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: A couple of pics and thoughts

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:23 pm

dutch wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:30 pm
Now here's a another thing to consider. Auzmi doesn't and likely shouldn't have well defined muscles all the time. But if she gets angry, scared or even in a tough physical workout the body should show the muscles better.
This shows how full of cobwebs my head is these days that I didn't think of this, and also how valuable it can be to chat through these things with you few, dedicated forum die-hard's. I think that this idea of showing the muscle tone only during appropriate moments, like when lifting Brad, or others, is the perfect method to display it. Especially in the case of Azumi.

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:41 pm

Thank you!

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:11 pm

Finally got Faith to settle down a bit for photos.

There are no significant changes to Faith, other than upgrading her model to include new features that make it a lot faster for me to create images. To give examples, previously, the attached picture would take 15-20 minutes to render out. This image took 3 minutes and some change. The skin and hair and overall shape is the same with some adjustments to account for a new figure bone setup (There are more bones, meaning more morphs and adjustments meaning more realistic movement and expressions.) This is pretty much my true vision of Faith. Again, more revealing pics in higher forums, and I'll put links here later today. Hope you all like her. And if not, I don't care because I like her. :P

Faith 2019
spoiler: show
P.S. Yes, faint tan lines are intentional.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:25 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:11 pm
Finally got Faith to settle down a bit for photos.

There are no significant changes to Faith, other than upgrading her model to include new features that make it a lot faster for me to create images. To give examples, previously, the attached picture would take 15-20 minutes to render out. This image took 3 minutes and some change. The skin and hair and overall shape is the same with some adjustments to account for a new figure bone setup (There are more bones, meaning more morphs and adjustments meaning more realistic movement and expressions.) This is pretty much my true vision of Faith. Again, more revealing pics in higher forums, and I'll put links here later today. Hope you all like her. And if not, I don't care because I like her. :P

Faith 2019
P.S. Yes, faint tan lines are intentional.
Me likey. :lol: OK, I'll try to act like I'm 47 now.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:27 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:23 pm
dutch wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:30 pm
Now here's a another thing to consider. Auzmi doesn't and likely shouldn't have well defined muscles all the time. But if she gets angry, scared or even in a tough physical workout the body should show the muscles better.
This shows how full of cobwebs my head is these days that I didn't think of this, and also how valuable it can be to chat through these things with you few, dedicated forum die-hard's. I think that this idea of showing the muscle tone only during appropriate moments, like when lifting Brad, or others, is the perfect method to display it. Especially in the case of Azumi.
OK, after reading through the back and forth I like this idea. I just didn't want to see her looking like Jane Tricker

boulimanus

Post by boulimanus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:08 pm

I like and agree with the Azumi changes, but Faith looks better before afaic.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:44 pm

boulimanus wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:08 pm
... Faith looks better before afaic.
That's ok. :) I expect a split decision on the changes.

Boogie

Post by Boogie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:58 pm

Nice to see some activity here!

I think I prefer the muscled Azumi render, but it may not be a fair comparison because the lighting is better. Would definitely prefer a more toned Azumi since she is a dancer after all, but not necessarily with six pack abs. Either way this new Azumi is much more appealing than the original.

Faith is my favourite girl but I'm undecided about the new version, she generally looks the same but there is something strange with her current expression. And I may be a bit nit picky here, but her eye colour is too dark! ;) ... Uh, edit that. Looking back at the scenes in the bar it appears that Faith went through a change of eye colour in the middle of the action. I still stand by my assertion that her eyes should be lighter.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:17 pm

As should her hair, which has gone from red to brown.

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:22 am

I've studied the new Faith artwork and I just can't get behind it. I know it's just my own taste, but the hair seems to have gone downhill, the eyes are in an odd position, not cross eyed but not natural. Her eyes are one of her strongest features so that's where my attention goes first. Again just my taste and everyone has there own.

Ye Olde Farte

Post by Ye Olde Farte » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:14 pm

I'm in agreement with infiniteignorance; Wolf needs to be happy with how his creations look rather than we players. This is his universe, after all. As a personal opinion Faith seems to have lost some of her "sexy" with the new render while Azumi looks great either way (but I lean towards version 1). Whatever you decide, Wolf, is fine by us.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:57 pm

JFR wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:17 pm
As should her hair, which has gone from red to brown.
Now that you mention it, the hair does come across as a bit brownish. It's supposed to be a deep reed, almost wine colored. I'm not sure if it's the specific lighting (the brown walls may be reflecting a bit) or the hair color itself.
dutch wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:22 am
the eyes are in an odd position, not cross eyed but not natural. Her eyes are one of her strongest features so that's where my attention goes first.
Damn you for mentioning it. Now I see it and I can't unsee it. :lol: There is something wonky about the eyes. I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet to fix it though. Any ideas on this from anyone are helpful.
dutch wrote:
the hair seems to have gone downhill,
Can you be more specific? The hair model is exactly the same, but there might be some fit issues I can look into. Is it fit and shape, or is it color, or something else?
Ye Olde Farte wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:14 pm
Wolf needs to be happy with how his creations look rather than we players.
Agreed. Although sometimes there can be "artist blindness" to some things, like the eyes, for example, and then I see exactly what they mean, it turns out I have to fix it because suddenly it bothers me too. There are other things I might like and others don't, and in those cases, I won't make changes. I'm always happy to hear opinions and constructive feedback. I do listen to it all and think about it. Sometimes people think of things I don't that I really do like better. I would happily hear 99 things that I don't like better to find that 1 thing that I do. I just hope the folks that made the other 99 suggestions don't feel bad, and keep their suggestions and opinions coming.
Boogie wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:58 pm
she generally looks the same but there is something strange with her current expression.
She's supposed to have a bit of a flirty expression. I might make some tweaks with a little more feedback and repost with a more neutral expression.

boulimanus

Post by boulimanus » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:06 pm

Well now someone else mentioned it and you asked for more info I'll give more detail on my take of new Faith.

Her eyes are too close to each other, that's what makes you think they almost look crossed. They also may be too narrow.
Her forehead is too wide.
Her lips are too big.

Her body looks great though!

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:48 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:57 pm
dutch wrote:
the eyes are in an odd position, not cross eyed but not natural. Her eyes are one of her strongest features so that's where my attention goes first.
Damn you for mentioning it. Now I see it and I can't unsee it. :lol: There is something wonky about the eyes. I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet to fix it though. Any ideas on this from anyone are helpful.
I noticed that, and mentioned it, but my post got lost in the ether. The eye shadow makes it appear worse: nothing wrong with the colour choice, just that the choice you have made accentuates the problem.

Her left eye (right one as the camera looks at it) has a bit of a cast, making it look like it is looking slightly up and to the left of the camera. It's only a tad, but if you can tweak it down and to the right (I am guessing no more than 5 degrees), that should do it. Assuming you are using Daz Studio, it has tweaks for eyes, but I haven't played with them myself, otherwise I would offer more specific advice.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:32 pm

So a few tweaks on Faith. Thoughts?

Look at the pic first then, if interested what I changed below.

Faith head-shot on the beach. No makeup. Neutral Expression
What I did:
Thoughts? If I agree, I'll tweak, If I disagree I'll leave it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.