Remastering BEW??

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Re: Remastering BEW??

Post by infiniteignorance » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:50 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:33 am
dutch wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:43 am
I hope she stays in the story to the end.
Referring to Azumi there, and yes, she will stay until the end. Azumi is one of my favorites from a character perspective, I just totally screwed up on the model and artwork. Her storyline is independent of her visual appearance and will continue throughout the game.

A few things to keep in mind for everyone if we talk about more than just the characters' appearance. I fully expect that there will be a variety of favorites and also that some will be hated or disliked. I'm perfectly fine with it, and it's kind of the point. One main thing to keep in mind though is that when it comes to character development, Emily, Faith, and Azumi actually have the most development and story so far. Natalie has barely been touched as most of the content has focused more on Azumi and her interaction with Natalie. Serenthia hasn't even been touched yet and won't be until later in the week, similar to Lorienthalia and Muirgheal. Jasmine also has had next to 0 character development so far. I expect that apart from Emily and Faith, and possibly Azumi, everyone else seems flat and unknown, or stereotypical so far, and that's expected at this point in the story. As we explore all the characters further, some favorites might become hated, and vice versa...or maybe not. It really depends on everyone's individual preference and nobody is wrong. I hope everyone feels free to share their true opinions, and please be accepting that others opinions may differ.
My opinion is that if you have one blonde, one brunette, one redhead, and one "what colors is that?" girl you're in good shape. :D

sponky76

Post by sponky76 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:02 pm

I think sticking to the html platform is a good decision. With some minor tweaking you ensure that the game is playable on most platforms.
Someone mentioned that it's hard to debug, but as a developer currently working with javascript i have to disagree. Using a good IDE that integrates with Google Chrome, like VS Code or NetBeans, together with the Chrome Dev tools and you have a good setup for debugging and developing.

Aside from that, it's been a long wait but I'm glad to see that the project is again showing signs of movement.
This game is what got me into supporting various other games on Patreon and I'm happy to continue to support BEW :-)
Cheers!

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
I hope everyone feels free to share their true opinions, and please be accepting that others opinions may differ.
Absolutely. For me, the favourite is Natalie, but I totally get why some might prefer Faith: she has a lot going for her.

I like the source models for Azumi, particularly Ko, but how about Gemma Chan? As we know you are not happy with the Azumi model, what is the issue with changing her for the later parts? If Emily can have a bit of a tweak as she begins to feel better about herself, why not Azumi? We know she has some unusual talents: these could cause her to morph a bit.

All of the girls we have seen so far have multiple dimensions, which is why the game is so rewarding to play.

I too am happy with the HTML format: the games on Chaotic's website are pretty much all HTML ones.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:20 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:28 pm
Wolfschadowe wrote:
I hope everyone feels free to share their true opinions, and please be accepting that others opinions may differ.
Absolutely. For me, the favourite is Natalie, but I totally get why some might prefer Faith: she has a lot going for her.
I wouldn't kick any one of them out of bed for eating crackers but I have any number of reasons for being partial to Faith at the moment.

The primary one is she's not the kind of girl you'd take home to mother.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:38 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:20 pm
I have any number of reasons for being partial to Faith at the moment.

I think my mother would understand, or at least not be judgemental, but I'm sure my dad would have to say something: I'd probably be forgiven if it resulted in a grandchild :).

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:13 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:28 pm

I too am happy with the HTML format: the games on Chaotic's website are pretty much all HTML ones.
I'm also happy with the HTML format. It works perfectly fine in almost every computer and kexter has improved Tlaero's Adventure Creator to make it more visually appealing. You can keep this HTML vibe on Ren'py, including clickable areas on pictures and keeping dialogue options at the bottom of the 'page', but it needs some serious work while Tlaero's machine gives you that by default. Also, not to mention that, at this point, a port to another platform may invalidate everyones' saves almost for sure

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:30 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:38 pm
infiniteignorance wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:20 pm
I have any number of reasons for being partial to Faith at the moment.

I think my mother would understand, or at least not be judgemental, but I'm sure my dad would have to say something: I'd probably be forgiven if it resulted in a grandchild :).
I wouldn't kick Natalie out for being a carpet muncher either as long as she let me watch. :lol:

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:38 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:30 pm
... as long as she let me watch.
Or help. :D

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:52 pm

JFR wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:38 pm
infiniteignorance wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:30 pm
... as long as she let me watch.
Or help. :D
Yea, but that would mean getting Azumi's permission and she's not the kind of woman you cross if you like your testicles. :lol:

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:19 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:52 pm
Yea, but that would mean getting Azumi's permission and she's not the kind of woman you cross if you like your testicles. :lol:
Of course, there's someone out there that Azumi is absolutely terrified of...

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:19 pm
infiniteignorance wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:52 pm
Yes, but we don't want to give away the nuclear codes, now do we? :D

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:57 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:19 pm
Now that is just evil. :lol:

Cheese
Insane Patron!

Post by Cheese » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:02 am

I noticed my girl was not listed in the character index?
Have you abandoned her?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:21 am

Well, who is "your girl?" Kind of hard to respond without that info.

In general, I don't believe any characters have been abandoned.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:28 pm

Just an FYI for those who do not follow the Patreon channel. Lengthy post from Wolfschadowe.

https://www.patreon.com/wolfschadowe/posts