Remastering BEW??

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
xsandman78

Re: Remastering BEW??

Post by xsandman78 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:57 pm

Though it wasn’t the everything’s now rosy in the garden update i’ve Been keeping my fingers crossed for.
It was a very interesting read into reasons behind break.

Cabin Fever

Post by Cabin Fever » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:07 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:21 am
When it comes to the characters in the game, there are a few I'm not happy with, especially since I'm a bit more experienced now.
How about putting up some before/after pictures of the ones you want to change, and put it to a vote?

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:04 pm

Cabin Fever wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:07 pm
Wolfschadowe wrote:
When it comes to the characters in the game, there are a few I'm not happy with, especially since I'm a bit more experienced now.
How about putting up some before/after pictures of the ones you want to change, and put it to a vote?
I vote he does whatever he wants with the characters and we either play the game or we don't.

If I want the characters to be my vision I'll create my own game.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:57 am

infiniteignorance wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:04 pm
I vote he does whatever he wants with the characters and we either play the game or we don't.

Agreed. Bearing in mind the characters need to fit in to some extent with the Guild of Schadowes books that Wolf's friend is writing, he doesn't have a lot of flex in some areas.
I would like to see some of the concepts from MalevolentSchadowe's work creeping in, but only if that fits with Wolf's concept of the game as he develops Serenthia, Lorienthalia and Miurgheal as characters (and possibly Azumi).

Currently the game is very grounded in reality with just a hint of the paranormal, so some of that seriously supernatural stuff would be a paradigm shift.

However, Wolf has hinted that some in-game decisions will result in game over for Brad (or possibly other characters), so you never know.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:16 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:57 am

However, Wolf has hinted that some in-game decisions will result in game over for Brad (or possibly other characters), so you never know.
I can think of worse ways to die than at the hands of a beautiful woman. :lol:

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:28 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:16 pm
I can think of worse ways to die than at the hands of a beautiful woman. :lol:
Absolutely.

Cabin Fever

Post by Cabin Fever » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:04 pm
Cabin Fever wrote:
Wolfschadowe wrote:

Sorry I should have been more clear. I meant for the ones that Wolfschadowe is not currently happy with but worries that changing it would break continuity. Of course it's his game and his characters and he's free to do what he wants with them. Any vote in my mind would only be an informal "consultation" and as a way for fans to show him that we can be behind him in such changes too.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:42 pm

Cabin Fever wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 pm
Sorry I should have been more clear. I meant for the ones that Wolfschadowe is not currently happy with but worries that changing it would break continuity. Of course it's his game and his characters and he's free to do what he wants with them. Any vote in my mind would only be an informal "consultation" and as a way for fans to show him that we can be behind him in such changes too.
Actually, I read it that way.
I also wouldn't care too much about discontinuity in the visuals. Not that I watch them, but it happens in UK TV soaps when new actors take over characters when the previous actors move on to other projects. In Dr Who they make it part of the story-line when the Doctor regenerates after being killed.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:06 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:42 pm
in UK TV soaps when new actors take over characters when the previous actors move on to other projects.
It kind of already happened with Faith.
Cheese wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:02 am
I noticed my girl was not listed in the character index?
Have you abandoned her?
Absolutely not abandoned. She is a supporting character like Candace, so not included in the list. For everyone wondering what we might be talking about, check the Patreon rewards. :)
Cabin Fever wrote:
How about putting up some before/after pictures of the ones you want to change
Might be fun. I'll think about it.

swedishtorpedo

Post by swedishtorpedo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:35 am

infiniteignorance wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:20 pm
Tao Dude wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:28 pm
Wolfschadowe wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:33 am
I hope everyone feels free to share their true opinions, and please be accepting that others opinions may differ.
Absolutely. For me, the favourite is Natalie, but I totally get why some might prefer Faith: she has a lot going for her.
I wouldn't kick any one of them out of bed for eating crackers but I have any number of reasons for being partial to Faith at the moment.

The primary one is she's not the kind of girl you'd take home to mother.
Well done Eugene; now get off of Chowster :lol:

In all seriousness though, slightly off-topic (and thread necro) but I rather like the models for Faith and Natalie. Though I will admit Nat was not my fave on the surface, what we do know of Nat's character is more interesting than what little we know of extra flirty but very attractive bartender.