Brad's first conversation with Serenthia

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Brad's first conversation with Serenthia

Post by dutch » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:50 am

Okay folks lets take a guess if, when or how Brad will be able to open a line of communication with this mysterious lady Serenthia.

I'm betting he gets a set up with the coffee shop clerk. He goes in ahead of her, gets a coffee and takes a seat. In a minute or two she comes in orders her coffee and the clerk explains that the gentleman has already paid for it, then points towards Brad. Then if she comes over to say thanks, and our hero doesn't lose the power of speech, he might actually converse with her. At least until he hyper ventilates and passes out! :lol:

Any other thoughts?

moskys
Lunch Patron

Re: Brad's first conversation with Serenthia

Post by moskys » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Sure, Brad could plan something with the barista. According to what we have already seen, it's quite possible the barista wouldn't be able to say his line, though :mrgreen:

I guess Brad will only get an answer (of any kind) from Serenthia when she has something to say and not a second before. Not sure forcing the situation would help him

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:48 am

To be truthful Brads got no game. He's about as smooth as 60 grit sandpaper. Which is okay, If he knows her routine in the morning and doesn't take advantage of it he's an idiot. He could set up something cute or romantic to break the ice. But he won't. He's hopeless!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:15 am

You might want to replay the very first Intro scene, paying attention to Brad's musings about his history with women. You might also want to look a bit more closely at the images in that scene.

Wolfschadowe does not write loosely. Almost everything means something. The trick is figuring out what. :twisted:

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:31 am

Got to admit I took a look at the text and the art and I just don't see it. He talks about getting first dates but not much more. I guess there must be a reason but I don't get it. In the big scheme of things it doesn't really matter. If he can't bring himself to talk to her, walk away. There must be something significant in him following her, rather then just sitting in the coffee shop and waiting for her. I would think that would be much less suspicious?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:55 pm

I had really hoped your attempts to get the conversation started up again would be more successful, here and in the Coffee/Beer group. It would be nice to engage with more folks again. Thanks for trying so hard.

Where are the folks who used to post a lot? Infinite? Bouli? Tao? Gary? (I saw you posted once. ;) )

I am beginning to think the long delays have dulled people's interest. Or perhaps we have just talked it all to a stand-still. It makes me a little sad but hopefully things will perk up a bit when the new episode drops.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:40 pm

I'm still here. I'm just not interested in discussing or debating every minute detail of the game. Play the damn thing. You learn far more from that than from starting discussion after discussion about what might happen. I don't want to discuss what might happen. I want it to be a mystery and a challenge. I want to have to think about it as I play. I like crossing bridges as I come to them.

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:34 pm

I can understand that thinking. I'm about ready to ask for a wake up call when the next episode drops myself. But "infiniteignorance" please don't get upset at me using the screen name. One thing you folks might not appreciate is that you have a great deal of game knowledge from your many months of playing. For the newer player like myself if I have a question or an idea worth discussing, players like yourself are a gold mine. And I don't mean give me a walk through with every key stroke. But if I've run through a scene and come away with the wrong perception as I've done with Brad here. It would be nice to have someone like you or JFR talk to me and point me in another direction. Otherwise I'll frog around here for a month or two say screw it and leave. Once someone asks me about it in a few months my review may not be stellar. I'll remember all the time I put in and the lack of success. So if you like it, don't be afraid to lend and hand and chime in. Protect it from harm so Wolf can continue. He's doing a great job and if we've got his back he can bring this thing in.
One of the reason I seem to be asking minute questions is I'm trying to get folks to re-engage. I could ask which girl you find most attractive or which one has the best rack. But that really doesn't promote the game along. So I try to find little thing that might start a conversation.

JFR has been great with the information, very helpful. He stopped me once already from chucking it and moving on. Wolf has been very good with answering questions, usually with another question. "Maybe it will maybe it won't". But he does give you enough to find the help in it. But every time I lean on them for help I feel like I'm taking time away that could have been used in game development. You certainly don't want all us newbies asking so many questions of the staff that we delay the next episode!

I've always said about my work, if it ain't fun it ain't worth doing! I find that to be true about a lot of things. Once a game stops being fun no sense to play it. I just want to make sure we don't get to that point here.

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Yep, Brad has no luck with women, but still he keeps 'stalking' Serenthia. Listen to JFR, he's pointing out that she must be somehow special :roll: :lol:

Gary1219
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Gary1219 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:59 am

moskys wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:44 pm
Yep, Brad has no luck with women, but still he keeps 'stalking' Serenthia. Listen to JFR, he's pointing out that she must be somehow special :roll: :lol:
Brad may be stalking Serenthia near the coffee shop, but she has been "assing" him all over town. She isn't the type to wait long. If Brad doesn't make a move in the next day or two, she will ambush the poor sod when he is alone in the office. He will probably be found the next morning by Jasmine or Emily in an almost catatonic state with a big dopey grin on his face.
No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection ready unit has ever passed combat. -- Sgt. Murphy

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Gary1219 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:59 am
... Brad may be stalking Serenthia near the coffee shop, but she has been "assing" him all over town. ...
May assume facts not necessarily in evidence to all players. :twisted:

Gary1219
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Gary1219 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:43 pm

While we are on the subject...

What do you guys think Brad will find under all that layering on Serenthia?
Granny
Bikini
Thong
Commando
No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection ready unit has ever passed combat. -- Sgt. Murphy

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Gary1219 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Granny
Bikini
Thong
Commando
This is probably the best question ever asked in this forum. I choose bikini

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Gary1219 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Granny
Bikini
Thong
Commando
Penis.

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:40 pm

Tattoos

Or it might be scales and a tail!

You never know what the artist feels like. After all if mind control is in play can you even trust what you see? or think you see!!!! :twisted: