Character Models

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Boogie

Character Models

Post by Boogie » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:43 am

As a non artist, I have installed DAZ and want to play around with it for fun. I would like to try making Fan Art of my favourite BEW characters as I learn the process. Are all the characters highly customized or are there base models that I can use to try to recreate them? Thanks.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Character Models

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:11 pm

Boogie wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:43 am
As a non artist,
Yep, me too. that's how I started. I downloaded DAZ, watched a few youtube videos, and just started playing around with it.

You can do a lot for free with DAZ, but if you plan to spend ANY money at all, then the Platinum Club membership is an absolute must. It will pay for itself with freebies even if you never spend another dime on the site. Most other items are discounted significantly as well, including frequent 60% off sales for the flagship Victoria/Micheal products and others.

As for the Characters in BEW. They are all customized to some extent, for the shape, but the textures are generally stock. All are premium though. For example, Emily is based off the Victoria 5 Base texture set. Brad is Michael 5 textures.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:52 pm

If you are new to 3D and DAZ, you might want to check out the Workshop of Creators section of The New Lagoon. Several experienced creators answer questions and offer suggestions. It is the bottom forum at the site.

http://the-new-lagoon.com/index.php

Boogie

Post by Boogie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:22 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:11 pm
As for the Characters in BEW. They are all customized to some extent, for the shape, but the textures are generally stock. All are premium though. For example, Emily is based off the Victoria 5 Base texture set. Brad is Michael 5 textures.
Excellent, thanks. That should be a good start but what are the Faith and Jasmine base models?

Never considered the Platinum Club, but on your recommendation I took a look at the benefits and it seems like a good idea to start off on a 1 year membership once I get familiar with the software.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Boogie wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:22 am
Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:11 pm
Excellent, thanks. That should be a good start but what are the Faith and Jasmine base models?

Never considered the Platinum Club, but on your recommendation I took a look at the benefits and it seems like a good idea to start off on a 1 year membership once I get familiar with the software.
Platinum Club is definitely worth the money The elements in my Avatar come from a quick play with DAZ Platinum Club assets following some of the tutorials available. She's called Fiona and will feature in one of my games when i get around to finishing it.

You can also get assets from Renderosity https://www.renderosity.com/: some are free and some you will need to pay for. I think Fiona's hair or possibly the model came from Renderosity.