Episode 7 Status - (Nov 17, 2017) - 1 Week Delay

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Episode 7 Status - (Nov 17, 2017) - 1 Week Delay

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:16 pm

So here's an image from EP7 as a mini peace offering....
spoiler: show
First of all, a huge shout-out to the Testers who have done a great job of going through all 2800 pages of the game including the 550+ pages of Episode 7, and finding all the bugs. It was a big challenge for this release where we incorporate the new love interests and their story-lines to the existing content. All new content is much easier than merging new and old content without breaking the old and I'm really looking forward to the relative simplicity of the all new EP8 content coming up next.

There are a couple of big bugs that are causing some issues, and I've had a bit less time this week than I expected to work on them. For small bugs, I wouldn't mind releasing and then patching later, but one of the current bugs blocks off about 1/3 of the game. Another bug makes a certain check unavailable, but in this case failing the check can sometimes be the preferred route.

Finally, at the end of the office scene for Thursday (Day 2), the section where Jasmine comes out needs to be completely revamped. I totally missed a scenario that has a huge impact on that scene and story continuity, plus with the releases of Episodes 3-5 that section got severely fragmented, which is causing some unexpected logic problems when weaving in Episode 7 content, so I need to consolidate that section of the game. It won't take long, a couple hours or so, but it's long enough.

I could probably do a spit and duct tape rush job and still make early access for this coming Monday, but it would make those parts of the game feel rushed and I think there will be a much better result to take just a little more time and make sure it's done right.

So the new release dates are:

Early Access: Monday Nov 27th

General Release: Monday Dec 4th.

No promises, but there is a small chance that I'll finish up earlier, and if so, I might do a mid-week release, but let's count on Monday Nov 27th for the Early Access. At this point, I'm confident that all the major bugs have been identified, and I know how to fix them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Better right than right now. :D

botc76

Post by botc76 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:16 pm

While I understand all the problems (theoretically, as I have no fucking clue how to make a game like this), I can't help thinking that at this point nothing, NOTHING could make this new episode not a disappointment in terms of new content.

Again, don't get me wrong, this isn't criticism, it'S just normal that the longer we wait, the bigger our expectations become and realistically speaking, this new episode can't provide enough to satisfy the expectations that have build over such a long time of waiting.

I hope this isn't misunderstood, I just think people have an emotional expectation and a rational one.
Rationally, we all know that all that will come is that characters will change into love-options and get their story so far expended, irrationally I and I believe many others as well. will feel as if there must be more.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:35 pm

botc76 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:16 pm
While I understand all the problems (theoretically, as I have no fucking clue how to make a game like this), I can't help thinking that at this point nothing, NOTHING could make this new episode not a disappointment in terms of new content.

Again, don't get me wrong, this isn't criticism, it'S just normal that the longer we wait, the bigger our expectations become and realistically speaking, this new episode can't provide enough to satisfy the expectations that have build over such a long time of waiting.

I hope this isn't misunderstood, I just think people have an emotional expectation and a rational one.
Rationally, we all know that all that will come is that characters will change into love-options and get their story so far expended, irrationally I and I believe many others as well. will feel as if there must be more.
Considering how much work goes into making a game of this quality and considering how Wolf has been nice enough to make the game available to people like me who can't presently afford to donate to the cause I'd say any complaints should fall upon deaf ears. If the next episode never sees the light of day Wolf doesn't owe anyone anything. I hope people remember that before they start posting their demands and expectations.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 pm

botc76 wrote:
... realistically speaking, this new episode can't provide enough to satisfy the expectations that have build over such a long time of waiting.
I completely understand your thinking here and don't really disagree. It has been a long wait and what we will get is, after all, just another chapter in the story. I almost felt the same way with the jump from 1.5 to 1.6. There was a feeling of wanting more.

You folks are going to enjoy the new chapter in 1.7 but it is, at the end of the day, just another episode. The complexities which have caused such a long delay are almost entirely "under the hood" and will not be very apparent to players. Again, I think this is a great chapter but it is almost entirely set in a day we have already seen much of, Wednesday. There are also a couple of new short scenes on Thursday but they are really just continuations from what we have seen before.

I think you all are going to like what is coming in 1.7 but agree that you might feel like there should be more after the long wait. Chapter 8 will come along much, much sooner.

botc76

Post by botc76 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:00 am

JFR wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 pm
botc76 wrote:
... realistically speaking, this new episode can't provide enough to satisfy the expectations that have build over such a long time of waiting.
I completely understand your thinking here and don't really disagree. It has been a long wait and what we will get is, after all, just another chapter in the story. I almost felt the same way with the jump from 1.5 to 1.6. There was a feeling of wanting more.

You folks are going to enjoy the new chapter in 1.7 but it is, at the end of the day, just another episode. The complexities which have caused such a long delay are almost entirely "under the hood" and will not be very apparent to players. Again, I think this is a great chapter but it is almost entirely set in a day we have already seen much of, Wednesday. There are also a couple of new short scenes on Thursday but they are really just continuations from what we have seen before.

I think you all are going to like what is coming in 1.7 but agree that you might feel like there should be more after the long wait. Chapter 8 will come along much, much sooner.
Cool that you get what I mean.
I'm not complaining and I'm also sure I will like, no probably love the new stuff.

beardo

Post by beardo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:25 am

I'm sure that whatever the update is will be great, the quality that this team puts into their creations is topped by no other. Every aspect of the game from story, art, etc. is usually off the hook with this crew, been some real life issues along the way and what not but unlike most game makers, they kept us posted all along the way about what's going on. I also haven't been able financially help fund this project but next year I believe I will start!!!! Keep up the good work wolf and crew, you all are awesome at what you do!!!

tezster

Post by tezster » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:34 pm

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Who's looking forward to next week? :mrgreen:

jean.doemartin

Post by jean.doemartin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 am

Happy 4th of december for all bewmembers ^^

Make a wish and cross fingers !!
Maybe Santa Wolf will give us a gift ;)

:D

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 am

jean.doemartin wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 am
Happy 4th of december for all bewmembers ^^

Make a wish and cross fingers !!
Maybe Santa Wolf will give us a gift ;)
Planned for Dec 4 at noon, US Pacific time plus or minus an hour or two. :)

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Still 3 hours and 22 minutes to go............. :D

kalacs01

Post by kalacs01 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Damn...thats almost tuesday here.

freakyfunk

Post by freakyfunk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:56 pm

Planned for Dec 4 at noon, US Pacific time plus or minus an hour or two. :)
I really wish and hope that it is minus two hours so that I just might download the game before I go to sleep :P

edog29

Post by edog29 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 pm

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!

ssb1021

Post by ssb1021 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:23 am

the only issue i've seen so far is when i import my achievements the new ones trigger as done