Episode 7 Status - (Nov 17, 2017) - 1 Week Delay

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Hannibal Barca
Crazy Patron!

Re: Episode 7 Status - (Oct 27, 2017)

Post by Hannibal Barca » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:48 am

My suggestion is a simple one. At the end of the content, have an ending that has "Next Time on BEW..." with a few scenes of what you "could" get in the next release.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:48 am
My suggestion is a simple one. At the end of the content, have an ending that has "Next Time on BEW..." with a few scenes of what you "could" get in the next release.
This is a pretty good idea, particularly as some scenes from further Episodes are already drafted. Kind of like Son (or daughter) of Teasers. A few red herrings might be an idea as well. just to keep people guessing. Not too much, mind you as it would distract too much effort from creating future content.

freakyfunk

Post by freakyfunk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:14 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:54 am
So when I'm talking about natural break points for the shorter episode, I absolutely am not talking about Random cut-off's or suspense drops.

Primarily what I'm talking about is like in the office scene for Thursday. There's the morning activities --> Then they get some work done ---> and then the afternoon activities.

The Thursday office scene came in 3 Episodes, and that system would fall under the 3-4 months version of releases. The first release was the morning activities plus the Emily corruption branch, followed in the next episode by afternoon bar branches, followed by afternoon strip club branches.

If we look at Episode 8, the Thursday bar scene has a similar structure to the Thursday office scene. In the case of the Bar, the cut-off will likely be everything that happens before Emily Arrives at the bar, which is primarily alone time with Faith, plus the Faith Only branch which covers all the activities at the bar that include Faith without Emily. That will take approximately 3 months to deliver, based on current estimates.

Basically, breaks would occur where there are scene changes, significant time gaps (like working through the day), significant changes in tone, (i.e. A major character leaves or arrives) Note, I'm not talking cliffhanger type OMG So and So just caught us! What happens next? type stuff, but just common story shift elements.

I just wanted to clarify that the shorter release schedules would not be cliffhanger style teases, but more like normal chapter endings.
In that case, I think everyone would prefer having BEW every 3-4 months. IMO it would be good even for raising for patrons on Patreon as more people can come to know about the game. The pattern I have seen in other games is that they keep giving regular updates of the game. In this way, it is a win-win situation for both - the game Devs and the people playing the game. I guess waiting for one update of the same game for a year takes a toll on the patience of the person playing the game. It is worth it in the end but it would be better to play parts of BEW at intervals of 3-4 months than playing the same update 3-4 times over a year. Like everyone else, this is just my opinion. :D

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:58 pm

I agree in principle having *fairly* frequent updates, but i wouldn't want to be holding Wolf and the team's feet to the fire to commit to any sort of schedule, as that might take the fun out of it for them and we end up with game being dropped because it's causing too much grief for the devs. This is a (very demanding) hobby for Wolf, not his day job.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:39 pm

I am loving how many empty tiers I see when I look at the Trello development board. Everything is either done or in the last few stages. Not much longer now.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Episode 7 Status - (Nov 02, 2017)

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:49 pm

A huge thank you to Happy4Now and his huge final push to finish up the writing for the Episode. ALL WRITING IS DONE!

Localization files are out to the translators! Thanks for your help everyone!

Testers...watch for a test release this weekend, if not tomorrow.

Closing in on the final Beta release. All writing is completed, and the last big scene has finished modeling. A lot of programming left to do, but most of that is simply verifying that the variables are being set properly on pages. That's why the average time per card is 6 minutes. There will be one card that takes 1 hour, followed by 10 that take 2 minutes or so. A final validation of the model between the big Wednesday Night scene through the morning coffee and office to reach the small final After work addition will take a considerable time though. Up to 12 hours, but after that the remaining modeling and programming will be less than 3 or 4 hours. So we're really close. I'll probably do an interim test release Friday or Saturday so that testers have this weekend to hammer on the big stuff, and then include the last scene and some bug-fixes on Monday or Tuesday. This is putting us right on track for the projected dates in the current status. ESTIMATED ONLY

Status image on the OP

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Umm, Wolfschadowe, not to complain but could you check the image file you attached to your post today. It looks like you may have linked a filename but no image. It won't display anything. Maybe try again? :oops:

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:38 pm

JFR wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:36 pm
Umm, Wolfschadowe, not to complain but could you check the image file you attached to your post today. It looks like you may have linked a filename but no image. It won't display anything. Maybe try again? :oops:
It's copied from the OP, and available there. I'll edit my message to take off the confusion though. Thanks for the heads up. :D

freakyfunk

Post by freakyfunk » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm

This is purely a coincidence but luckily my end semester exams are getting over on 22nd. I can't wait for the vacation to start with BEW :)
I can't imagine how will this vacation will be for me since it will get an epic start thanks to BEW. I'm sorry this seems like spam but I just couldn't control my happiness since the thought crossed my mind :P

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:33 pm

freakyfunk wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm
This is purely a coincidence but luckily my end semester exams are getting over on 22nd. I can't wait for the vacation to start with BEW :)
I can't imagine how will this vacation will be for me since it will get an epic start thanks to BEW. I'm sorry this seems like spam but I just couldn't control my happiness since the thought crossed my mind :P
I don't know if we will make that projected date or not but we are trying. Currently struggling with a few nasty bugs. Well, ok - I am struggling with a particular bug I just can't figure out but we'll get it. :cry:

freakyfunk

Post by freakyfunk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:59 am

JFR wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:33 pm
freakyfunk wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm
I don't know if we will make that projected date or not but we are trying. Currently struggling with a few nasty bugs. Well, ok - I am struggling with a particular bug I just can't figure out but we'll get it. :cry:
I know debugging is the hardest and the most frustrating part of any code. All the best and most of all best of LUCK for debugging. I am just happy that BEW is finally in the testing stage, which means that it is really going to get released SOON. :D

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Episode 7 Status - (Nov 09, 2017)

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:14 pm

freakyfunk wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:59 am
I know debugging is the hardest and the most frustrating part of any code.
Oh yes. Oh very yes.

On the bright side, I now have enough info to firmly commit to dates:

Official Release Dates
  • Early Access for funded Dinner and above: Monday, November 20, 2017
  • General release and download availability: Monday, November 27, 2017
The bugs are real!

Trapstar

Post by Trapstar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Will the episode be available to play online?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:42 pm

Trapstar wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 pm
Will the episode be available to play online?
Hi Trapstar! Welcome to the forum!
We will send the episode to our ad supported partner sites (Playforceone.com / Gamcore.com) on release day. They will decide when and if to update their versions of the game, and once updated, you can play for free online on their sites.
The episode will be able to be played ad-free on this site for a ($1) Patreon pledge that is paid out by episode. (NOT MONTH).
The episode will be available as a free download from this site to unzip and play locally, again, ad free.

Trapstar

Post by Trapstar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Okay thanks I look forward to playing it