Favorite scene

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
winter

Re: Favorite scene

Post by winter » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:59 pm

JFR wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:14 am

If I had it to do over again right now, I'd concentrate on the Demo Bonus first. It is a tad easier to get as the demo is shorter with fewer sub-achievements and the information contained in that bonus scene will trigger your interest a fair amount. The Wednesday Bonus will require a fair amount more work to get everything.
Demo Bonus is very very cool, and definitely something that everyone playing the game should try to see early on.

Thanks so much JFR!

Valerielychee
Dinner Patron

Post by Valerielychee » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:41 pm

I do like the achievements, and it is a good way of finding content you just did not know you were missing. However it happened to me once that the list of "tasks" to obtain an achievement was so long, that I could not see the end of the list, and did not know what I was missing to obtain the achievement. Maybe it could be made "browseable"? And as I'm at it, here's another totally unrelated suggestion: would it be possible to class saves by alphabetical order? I have so many of them that I'm using "codes" to make them easier to identify (I believe I'm not the only one), like "E perfect path: [day - place]", and it would be just great if the saves for a same path could be classed together. This is just an idea for the "after release of Episode 7" future, wouldn't want to delay that :)

And as this is my first post, let me add another unrelated comment: I really love this game, have huge admiration for Wolfshadowe, for the obvious reasons of his tremendous talent and the depth of the game (I remember the first time I played: I wrapped the game within minutes, with the final that "you feel that more could have happened" or something, and was very disappointed. Little did I know the length of what I had missed!), but also for the personality that transpires from his posts. The "community" is also of a rare quality (special mention for JFR), especially compared to other game forums, so it's always a pleasure to come here and read the posts.

Well this is a pretty long post for a first one, I'm going to shut up now...

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Valerielychee wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:41 pm
Maybe it could be made "browseable"? And as I'm at it, here's another totally unrelated suggestion: would it be possible to class saves by alphabetical order? I have so many of them that I'm using "codes" to make them easier to identify (I believe I'm not the only one), like "E perfect path: [day - place]", and it would be just great if the saves for a same path could be classed together. This is just an idea for the "after release of Episode 7" future, wouldn't want to delay that :)
I use Excel workbooks to track progress in most of the games that I play to give a better track of my saves and key points that i am unlikely to retain if i leave the game alone for a while. It's borderline reverse engineering, but I am an engineer by profession and old habits die hard.
Valerielychee wrote:
...and welcome

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:01 am

Valerielychee wrote:
... And as this is my first post, ...
Welcome!

The problem of truncated achievements listing is known. It does not happen with Firefox, which is the browser the game is tested on, so the team did not find it until they started getting complaints. I was using Chrome so I found it early. I thought there was a fix in the works but the post by Wolfschadowe means I was wrong about that. I hate when that happens. :lol: Just as an FYI, I started using FF for my gaming immediately after this issue came to light and I actually like it better for that purpose. I still prefer Chrome for general browsing.

The issue of save-file names is something we have been discussing for a long time. Everyone seems to have their own system. I have something like "ThAM_office_JasButtLook_N75A28J30R23" - which tells me it is saved at Thursday morning in the office at the point where Brad stares at Jasmine's butt when she is looking at his computer screen. It also tells me the scores for some of the main characters on this path, which is one of the Natalie paths - Nat=75, Azumi=28, Jasmine=30 and everyone else (reputation)=23. I have several dozen saves with similar names that allow me to find the specific scene and time and help me understand how the scoring stands. I don't recommend anyone use my system, which only makes sense to me. Find one that works for you. Tao Dude uses a spread sheet. Others have a running tablet which explains the codes. Whatever works.

<Edited>

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:55 am

Valerielychee wrote:
However it happened to me once that the list of "tasks" to obtain an achievement was so long, that I could not see the end of the list, and did not know what I was missing to obtain the achievement.
First of all, welcome to the forum Valerielychee! Glad to have you! :D

IE, Safari and Chrome limit the characters in a pop-up notice. Firefox, on the other hand, shows the full notification without cutting off the end. It's not really a game bug. It's the built-in limitations to the other browsers and there's no real way around it. Currently there are no plans to make the pop-up list browseable.

As for saves, there are plans to make savegames filterable, although the feature likely won't be included in EP7.
Valerielychee wrote:
Nah. Say all you want. ;)
Tao Dude wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:59 pm
I use Excel workbooks to track progress in most of the games that I play
Haha! Me too!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:55 am
... IE, Safari and Chrome limit the characters in a pop-up notice. ...
Added - I tested with Edge and found the same problem.

winter

Post by winter » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:26 am

Valerielychee wrote:
And as this is my first post,
Someone newer than me!! Welcome Valerie!

Wow, you guys have some pretty complex saved game methods hahaha. Thus far in the game I have a few saves, but each path is still short enough that I mostly just start from scratch down a path and use quick save/restore to investigate different branches during a session. This is particularly true when a new episode is released, for a couple reasons. I want the full effect of the play through, and there might be new bits added prior to my save point.

Pretty soon though I'll have to break out my slide-rule and abacus and come up with some good method of creating more saves. Thanks for the ideas.

Shadowofmyself

Post by Shadowofmyself » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:28 am

boulimanus wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:52 pm
What is your favorite scene so far (up to episode 6 inclusive) ?
If we're only talking up to E06 then it would be the Azumi campus scene. Including E07 then it would be the Jasmine desk scene. However, I suspect each and every new episode will give rise to a new favorite scene.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:28 am

Shadowofmyself wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:28 am
boulimanus wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:52 pm
What is your favorite scene so far (up to episode 6 inclusive) ?
If we're only talking up to E06 then it would be the Azumi campus scene. Including E07 then it would be the Jasmine desk scene. However, I suspect each and every new episode will give rise to a new favorite scene.
My favourite is still the Emily/Faith bar scene, which is why I am looking forward to Ep 8. Given that the Wednesday home scene is going so well, i think the three pillows scene will push hard for contention, but i haven't found all the paths in the Azumi Inclusion yet, so i can't say for sure.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:04 pm

My favorite scene is the one Wolfschadowe won't be telling us about in advance. :lol:

boulimanus

Post by boulimanus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:36 pm

Forgot to come back to this following episode 7.
And as those mentioned above me, two new contenders for me too are the three pillows scene (mostly letting Natalie win) and office with Jasmine.

The one with Jasmine was particularly surprising for me as I didn't think it'd go as it did. Which to me meant there must be something more to that student that meet the eye...

But the private dance with Natalie remains my top for now.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:43 pm

boulimanus wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:36 pm
... The one with Jasmine was particularly surprising for me as I didn't think it'd go as it did. Which to me meant there must be something more to that student that meet the eye...
Yeah, like she is a MUCH better hacker than we knew. Wonder what might be coming there. :twisted:

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:16 am

I like Jasmine but I wish she looked older than my daughter. It's just a bit creepy. I'm conflicted between wanting to see her naked and asking to see her ID :?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:08 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:16 am
I'm conflicted between wanting to see her naked and asking to see her ID :?
This might be the funniest thing I've read all month. :lol:
Although...I get where your coming from here.

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:35 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:08 pm
infiniteignorance wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:16 am
I'm conflicted between wanting to see her naked and asking to see her ID :?
This might be the funniest thing I've read all month. :lol:
Although...I get where your coming from here.
You do realize that all month in this case means just a day, right? :roll:
:mrgreen: