Favorite scene

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
xsandman78

Re: Favorite scene

Post by xsandman78 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Definitely Natalie private dance for me.

Gary1219
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Gary1219 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Strange...

Nobody has mentioned the Tic Tac Toe scene. :lol:
No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection ready unit has ever passed combat. -- Sgt. Murphy

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Gary1219 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:31 pm
... Nobody has mentioned the Tic Tac Toe scene. :lol:
Or any non-sex scene. Very strange. ;)

boulimanus

Post by boulimanus » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Loving the replies.
JFR wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:44 pm
Gary1219 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:31 pm
... Nobody has mentioned the Tic Tac Toe scene. :lol:
Or any non-sex scene. Very strange. ;)
Technically, Natalie's private dance doesn't really qualify as a sex scene as
spoiler: show
:)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 pm

boulimanus wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 pm
Patience. 8-)

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:38 pm

My current favorite scenes are:
1. The blowjob Faith gives Brad after Emily leaves the bar. It's a "you didn't screw that up" reward blowjob. Or maybe a "you really want to chose me over Emily" blowjob.

2. The campus scene with Azumi.

3. The Thursday morning scene with Jasmine. Love the down blouse peek and the way she wiggles her butt at Brad.

winter

Post by winter » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:22 am

JFR wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:58 pm
That was quick!
LOL! I've been through what I think is most of the game. Although I don't really hunt for achievements, I try to find as many branches as I can - except for the game ending ones :) .

The various scenes are like landmarks, so when you gave me clues I recognized just what you were saying. I had actually gotten that scene some time ago, but had done so many others since, that I didn't remember the 'called security' aspect haha, but that is pretty funny. Thanks for the reminder and pointing me in the right direction.

winter

Post by winter » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:28 am

JFR wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 pm
boulimanus wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 pm
Patience. 8-)
I guess it depends on how one qualifies a sex scene... however you categorize it, it is definitely worth going through the 'best' private dance path.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:54 pm

winter wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:22 am
... LOL! I've been through what I think is most of the game. Although I don't really hunt for achievements, I try to find as many branches as I can - except for the game ending ones :) . ...
Some players simply don't care about achievements but back when I was just a fan, I worked pretty hard to find them. I would not have done that (I didn't really care, either) if Wolfschadowe had not tied the Bonus Scenes to achievement completion. Of course, that is why he did it. I really wanted to see the bonuses so I was pretty diligent at playing and mapping out the options. Others are simply not going to invest that time and effort. Its a game, made for fun. Each player should do what he/she needs to do to have the most fun.

As it turns out, even the game ending options have a purpose, just not an obvious one. There really aren't very many of them anyway, once you pass the first office scene. There are a couple in that first scene deliberately, to demonstrate a fact about this game. Once the player has learned that lesson - that this is not a just another quick meet-and-fuck game - there isn't much of a need for more such quick-death options. There are a few more scattered about in the days ahead but they are primarily there to deal with really bad decisions. :twisted:

In case you haven't found it yet, there is a pretty good way to identify what you have and have not found in the game. On the Main Menu, in the Achievements tab, you can see a day-by-day accounting of which are completed and which still need to be found. Those shown are "major" achievements. If you hover your mouse pointer on the completion bar of a major, it will pop-up a bubble showing the minor achievements needed to finish that major, using check boxes. It is a good way to know just how close you are to seeing everything.

Wolf has been pretty clear that he wants to encourage but not compel folks to see all of the various alternative scenes. A player does not have to open the bonus scenes to enjoy - and succeed at - the game. The bonus scenes add background and fill in story details that might otherwise be missed. Some of the questions one might have while playing might be answered.

And, the bonus scenes so far contain some pretty nice artwork and character revelations - why someone might do something that seems odd or out of character. You don't need to see and know those things, they just add flavor to the story and answer questions.

winter

Post by winter » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:33 am

JFR wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:54 pm

In case you haven't found it yet, there is a pretty good way to identify what you have and have not found in the game. On the Main Menu, in the Achievements tab, you can see a day-by-day accounting of which are completed and which still need to be found. Those shown are "major" achievements. If you hover your mouse pointer on the completion bar of a major, it will pop-up a bubble showing the minor achievements needed to finish that major, using check boxes. It is a good way to know just how close you are to seeing everything.
That's good info, thanks! I didn't really think of achievements as a map-ish, but that's a good perspective
JFR wrote:

Wolf has been pretty clear that he wants to encourage but not compel folks to see all of the various alternative scenes. A player does not have to open the bonus scenes to enjoy - and succeed at - the game. The bonus scenes add background and fill in story details that might otherwise be missed. Some of the questions one might have while playing might be answered.

And, the bonus scenes so far contain some pretty nice artwork and character revelations - why someone might do something that seems odd or out of character. You don't need to see and know those things, they just add flavor to the story and answer questions.
wait, what? I assumed bonus scenes would come later... like "you finished the game, you got all achievements, here's your bonus." You mean, we can get bonus stuff now? Is it by the day or something? I always assumed I'd go through all of it, but it's not done, so I wasn't going to spend my time doing the nitty-gritty now...

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:46 am

winter wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:33 am

JFR wrote:

wait, what? I assumed bonus scenes would come later... like "you finished the game, you got all achievements, here's your bonus." You mean, we can get bonus stuff now? Is it by the day or something? I always assumed I'd go through all of it, but it's not done, so I wasn't going to spend my time doing the nitty-gritty now...
I'm invading JFR's duties here but curently there are 2 bonus scenes available, one for each day. You unlock that scenes by getting all the achievements that currently exist for that day. Note that when Episode 7 is ready, there'll be more day 2 achievements to get, so Bonus Scene 2 would be locked again for those who have already seen it (I'm guessing here, nothing official)

By the way, that Bonus Scene 2 is one of my favourites. Who would've thought... :roll:

winter

Post by winter » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:48 am

moskys wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:46 am

I'm invading JFR's duties here but curently there are 2 bonus scenes available, one for each day. You unlock that scenes by getting all the achievements that currently exist for that day. Note that when Episode 7 is ready, there'll be more day 2 achievements to get, so Bonus Scene 2 would be locked again for those who have already seen it (I'm guessing here, nothing official)
Hmmmmm.... *starts up game and gets to work* I've got some bonus scenes to catch up on!

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Just to clarify, The two bonus scene's available are associated with Wednesday. The Thursday scene will become available once we finish Thursday.

Look in the Achievements list for:
(Unlocks Bonus Scene)

One is in the General Tab of the Achievements screen and is earned by mastering what was once the game "demo", Episode 1. This was the original proof of concept game that I put out on The-New-Lagoon way back at the start of this madness.

The second is on the Wednesday tab and is earned by mastering all of Wednesday.

There will be bonus scenes for completing each Day, and each season, plus a few special ones to earn similar to the "Demo Master" Achievement.

Currently there are 14 bonus scenes planned. One for each of the 7 days. One for each of the 3 Seasons. 3 Special ones (one of those being the Demo Master), and one for accomplishing all of the above.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:13 pm

moskys wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:46 am
I'm invading JFR's duties here but curently there are 2 bonus scenes available, one for each day. ...
No invasion here at all. Don't ever feel hesitant about offering help or hints to other players. That is what The Forum is all about. :D

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:14 am

winter wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:48 am
Hmmmmm.... *starts up game and gets to work* I've got some bonus scenes to catch up on!
A bit more clarification - the two bonus scenes so far are titled "Demo Bonus" and "Wednesday Bonus." When you have at least one of them, a new selection will appear on the Main Menu titled "Bonus Scenes."

If I had it to do over again right now, I'd concentrate on the Demo Bonus first. It is a tad easier to get as the demo is shorter with fewer sub-achievements and the information contained in that bonus scene will trigger your interest a fair amount. The Wednesday Bonus will require a fair amount more work to get everything.

Another hint, the achievement names are pretty descriptive. You might want to pay attention to them. :lol: