Official teasers for general members

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Official teasers for general members

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:00 pm
Would anyone on here know what I was talking about if I mentioned Firvulag women?
No idea, plus there are no goblins from the Pliocene Gateway here, nor any obsidian armor to be found. Why? Is someone driving you mad with illusions?

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:33 pm
Tao Dude wrote:
Would anyone on here know what I was talking about if I mentioned Firvulag women?
No idea, plus there are no goblins from the Pliocene Gateway here, nor any obsidian armor to be found. Why? Is someone driving you mad with illusions?
Not that I am aware of: Gary1219 mentioned fangs and my brain went into overdrive. A bit of a pointless post these days, I suppose. Anyone who didn't know and was curious enough would have googled it and found the Julian May fandom page.

Just thinking about old books and wondering if I could make a game around a short story I wrote for a competition 30-odd years ago.

Gary1219
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Gary1219 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:18 am

Tao Dude wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:43 pm
Wolfschadowe wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:33 pm
Tao Dude wrote:
Not that I am aware of: Gary1219 mentioned fangs and my brain went into overdrive. A bit of a pointless post these days, I suppose. Anyone who didn't know and was curious enough would have googled it and found the Julian May fandom page.

Just thinking about old books and wondering if I could make a game around a short story I wrote for a competition 30-odd years ago.
Oh Man. I am the Lunatic Fringe element of this forum. You have to learn to ignore just about everything I post. :P
No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection ready unit has ever passed combat. -- Sgt. Murphy

azzclown

Post by azzclown » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm

When might we see a couple of screen shots from upcoming episode?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:39 pm

azzclown wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm
When might we see a couple of screen shots from upcoming episode?
All of the pics in this thread are from the upcoming episode. I only have one more approved teaser image. I am planning to post it later this week.

azzclown

Post by azzclown » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:14 pm

cool,thanks

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Ok folks. This is the last one I have for now. Hopefully the episode will be out in the next couple of weeks and we won't need any more. And no, I don't have a date yet. I think it will be pretty obvious where this will come in the story.

spoiler: show
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 pm

JFR wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:34 pm
Ok folks. This is the last one I have for now. Hopefully the episode will be out in the next couple of weeks and we won't need any more. And no, I don't have a date yet. I think it will be pretty obvious where this will come in the story.

Looks like a hint of that white nurse's uniform under Azumi's coat...

Siddharta

Post by Siddharta » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 pm
JFR wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Looks like a hint of that white nurse's uniform under Azumi's coat...
It's going to make us even more impatient !!
We're going to become crazy :twisted:

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 pm
... Looks like a hint of that white nurse's uniform under Azumi's coat...
Does this help? :lol:

Note - this has been posted before so doesn't count as a new teaser.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Siddharta wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:52 pm
... We're going to become crazy :twisted:
Now you are starting to understand the concept here. :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Siddharta

Post by Siddharta » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:11 pm

This 7th episode is a long time coming
I know the time which it's necessary to make a good game BUT I look forward to !!

Farlios

Post by Farlios » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:54 pm

I have 2 question for THE BIG BAD WOLF
How much do you estimate the content already done as a percentage?
And how much time do you spend to achieve one percent?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:10 am

Farlios wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:54 pm
I have 2 question for THE BIG BAD WOLF
How much do you estimate the content already done as a percentage?
And how much time do you spend to achieve one percent?
I am not Wolfschadowe but I will try to give a few guesses and explanations. Wolf is pretty swamped right now trying to get the new episode out as soon as humanly possible. There have been a few more production snags (yes, more) that are challenging the development team. (again <sigh>)

I don't have access to the actual numbers of pages and images that have been completed, but based on the partial beta I've seen and my view of the production scheduling board, I'd hazard to guess that the episode is well over 90% complete. There are 4 new complete scenes and several small "connecting" mini-scenes in this release. It is a very large chapter.

The main new scenes are interactions with major characters that advance the "erotic week" that Brad is having. The scenes will involve major plot revelations, new mysteries, new love/sexual interactions or combinations of all three. Those new scenes include hundreds of new images and animations and many alternative story-line choices. The minor scenes are additional conversations, interrelations or choices in already existing scenes and may include several or only a few new pages. I won't issue any spoilers regarding the new content but will say that I think fans of more than one of the lovely ladies we have met so far will be very happy. There will also be more new questions than answers as to what is really going on in the story.

As for how long 1% takes to complete, I'd like to give you an answer but do not think it is possible. Some of the work goes very quickly. A new image might be assigned to an artist for rendering and they will knock it out within an hour or so. The next image might be more complicated and take several hours or even days. The same is true of the programming part of the equation. It is not just a matter of writing a few lines of dialog to go with the new pictures. All of the program logic must be written to fit the new material into the overall game structure. A new, large scene might go quite quickly while a small addition to an existing scene might snarl up the works for days or weeks while unforeseen logic snags are worked out. The team might be on a roll, cranking out the pages like a well-oiled machine when someone falls ill, disappears completely or has their mother-in-law visit at just the wrong time ;) . It is just not possible to quantify how long it will take to finish each new task. BEW is a very complex program and vast story. Each new chapter will get finished when it is finished.

I haven't been given any new time estimates beyond what you all have gotten. The last pieces of new content must be completed and then the beta version sent to the testers. I will get it at the same time and that will give me a better idea of how much longer we might have to wait. After the testers have found any hidden problems (there are always some) and those have been fixed, the final release will go out to the "early access" group, basically higher-level patrons and a few others. The public release will come a week or so after that.

I will go out on a limb here. Based on what I do see behind the scenes, I have to think we won't see the new episode before mid-September. I hope I am wrong but since I haven't gotten the beta yet, you can see why I think we are still a few weeks away.

All I can do is say the same thing we have been saying. It is close and it is quite good. Please have a little more patience. It will be rewarded.

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:42 am

And don't forget that it's all Patron's fault. They got carried away by their lowest intincts and ordered Wolf to make every single woman in the game a pursuitable one. :lol: