Official teasers for general members

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Re: Official teasers for general members

Post by dutch » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:43 pm

I've been trying to get some dialog going about the characters or possible game direction. But I haven't had much luck with it. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I figured keeping it alive was better then nothing, but I could be wrong. You can go read through all the threads but some are on target and some are off and you end up bored and more confused. At least I did! The old timers who have been here from the start seem a little impatient with us newer folks trying to catch up. So if you have questions I find a quick IM to a staffer works best. Forum qustions can lay for months without answers from non staffers. Just give it a little time and we'll see what happens. :?:

Nersão

Post by Nersão » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:25 pm

dutch wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:43 pm
I've been trying to get some dialog going about the characters or possible game direction. But I haven't had much luck with it. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I figured keeping it alive was better then nothing, but I could be wrong. You can go read through all the threads but some are on target and some are off and you end up bored and more confused. At least I did! The old timers who have been here from the start seem a little impatient with us newer folks trying to catch up. So if you have questions I find a quick IM to a staffer works best. Forum qustions can lay for months without answers from non staffers. Just give it a little time and we'll see what happens. :?:
Good morning guys!!! (at least here in Brazil it's still morning....hehe)
Hey dutch ....I'm not sure if you were talking about me, but I'm assuming so and continuing the conversation.. so...
I'm not so new in here actually.... I came to the forum between episodes 5 and 6 (early stages of the episode 6 development), so I'm not from the start, but not so new either.
I started only as a guest and used to drop by here like once a month or so.... only to follow the development of one of my favorite games.... and then registered basically to have access to the pictures on this thread, and never had posted anything because I don't have any way to contribute with anything, so basically I was and still being a spectator....
I just said what I said yesterday because I believe the game will still alive and believe in Wolfschadowe!!!! So I was expecting to put some fire (at least a little) in the thread again and hoping the staff guys could show us a little more, even if it's not new things, but some of the already made pics that haven't been showed yet, only to keep us alive here and bring back the tease..... you know... increase the antecipation feeling a bit....
And the feeling of missing this game increased because I joined a few months ago and started to participate on the community of the F95 forum, and there are tons of adult games, most I never dreamed of knowing about.... and btween all those games I was just seeing for the first time, i really missed my favorite and one of the most challenging games I have ever played... BEW!!!! And that brought me back here yesterday....
By the way... BEW is in there, but it's tagged as abandoned... hoping to can change that there when things come back here....
Sorry for the big text guys, just felt I had to explain what I had in mind...
Sorry for my English guys... not a native speaker!!!

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Nersão
By the way your English if fine. You probably do better then most native in the U.S. to tell the truth. I share with you your desire to try to support and encourage this effort. We keep trying, I know "wolf" is doing the best that can be done. So we do what little we can to help. My thought has been maybe we can help retain a few more folks until this gets up and going again or that we can make a few new folks feel welcome. I don't know if it's had any effect or not but that's why I try to engage them in minor conversations or get them thinking about the characters in other scenarios so I don't have to worry about giving away game secrets by accident. Anyway, enjoy your weather on the other side of the equator. Up here on the 45th parallel it's about zero degrees F. at night maybe 20 F. degrees in the day time and everything is white with snow!!! I guess another 14 inches of snow in a day or two. Were just heading in to the cold months, it came 6 weeks early this year so going to be a long one. Should see bare ground by May 1st. I hope!!!! That's why the game is so handy to pass the time in the winter months. Got to love it here though, 6 months of winter and 6 months to get ready for the next one! :lol:

Nersão

Post by Nersão » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now you made me laugh!!!
Here it was raining and quite fresh when I wrote that other message.... now it's sunny and about 27ºC. We almost melted here in the holydays!!! So... beach time here... or little plastic pools if you're 350km away from the sea like me...
And I never saw snow!!!! But will do one day.....
Sorry for my English guys... not a native speaker!!!

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Wow, I envy you and your weather. Jan. and Feb. here if it's a bad winter may have a couple of nights when it 40 below zero centigrade. That's getting serious about being cold. Folks have to be careful. We lose a few from time to time because they have a vehicle breakdown or fall on the ice and break a hip or something and never make it back inside. That's why I get so curious about this global warming stuff. Everyone says it's bad, we just look at it as any chance to get warmer is good! :lol: :lol: :lol: Hang in there, I'm sure new stuff will be coming soon on the story line.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:20 pm

Just a note of caution here. Dutch was speaking in jest but comments about global warming and whether it is real or not are dangerously close to political. The lighthearted joking is welcome. Serious political discussion will not be.

Let's keep it light and fun, folks. :)

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:41 pm

Wow, people are so sensitive that little jest could of upset them?

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:42 pm

dutch wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:58 pm
Up here on the 45th parallel it's about zero degrees F. at night maybe 20 F. degrees in the day time and everything is white with snow!!! I guess another 14 inches of snow in a day or two. Were just heading in to the cold months, it came 6 weeks early this year so going to be a long one. Should see bare ground by May 1st. I hope!!!! That's why the game is so handy to pass the time in the winter months. Got to love it here though, 6 months of winter and 6 months to get ready for the next one! :lol:
Wow, dutch

You must live quite high up for it to be that cold that far south.

You are nearly 7 degrees south of me, and it's wet and windy most of the time here in Wales - Land of Song(TM), and about 3 Celsius (37F). I am about 51.6 degrees North and almost exactly 3 degrees West. I live a few metres above sea level about three miles from the coast, so we don't get much snow here.

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:19 pm

I think you benefit from the gulf stream current to help keep you warmer. Up here we get what they call arctic clippers that come down from Canada and they are not friendly. Where I live we get it all except for maybe good weather. JUST KIDDING! In the summer we can break 100 degrees F. or about 37 centigrade. In the winter I've seen -40 degrees F. which is oddly -40 degrees Centigrade as well. That's not regular and thank goodness for that. We average about 100 inches of snow in a year. The worst storm I've seen dumped 39 inches or about a meter of snow in 2 days. The sad part was the weather forecast got it wrong. The called for a fast moving storm giving us a light dusting. It got over us and stalled and dumped on us. The worst year I saw was 190 inches of snow. Not as bad as Canada but pretty close. Now here's something you'll get a kick out of. Even in the winter we keep fishing! The lakes will ice over a foot or 2 thick and we auger holes and drop ice fishing lines in and wait. Yup, it's just as much fun as it sounds. We take out little portable shelters, some with heat and a few friends will go for the day and fish, cook a little food and drink a bit, play a lot of cards and maybe catch a fish! Maybe. Strangely enough I use to love walking the ice in the night time. As it gets colder it contracts and you can hear the groans and the cracks from the ice It's a scary sound and in a touch of moon light or just the stars it's a feeling you won't forget! Down in the southern part of the country when I mentioned the ice fishing to folks they thought I was lying! Amazing what you'll do to entertain yourself through 6 months of snow!

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:57 pm

dutch wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:19 pm
I think you benefit from the gulf stream current to help keep you warmer.
The gulf stream helps, but so does being near the coast on an island separated from a major landmass.
dutch wrote:
As it gets colder it contracts and you can hear the groans and the cracks from the ice It's a scary sound and in a touch of moon light or just the stars it's a feeling you won't forget! Down in the southern part of the country when I mentioned the ice fishing to folks they thought I was lying! Amazing what you'll do to entertain yourself through 6 months of snow!
I used to enjoy watching Ice Road Truckers: those guys have some big cojones.

Mckendree

Post by Mckendree » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:57 pm
dutch wrote:
I think you benefit from rangefinders for hunting and the gulf stream current to help keep you warmer.
The gulf stream helps, but so does being near the coast on an island separated from a major landmass.
dutch wrote:
As it gets colder it contracts and you can hear the groans and the cracks from the ice It's a scary sound and in a touch of moon light or just the stars it's a feeling you won't forget! Down in the southern part of the country when I mentioned the ice fishing to folks they thought I was lying! Amazing what you'll do to entertain yourself through 6 months of snow!
I used to enjoy watching Ice Road Truckers: those guys have some big cojones.
Ice Road Trucker is still on the air, right? I watched an episode just the other day. Or are they showing reruns nowadays?
Last edited by Mckendree on Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:44 pm

Mckendree wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:29 pm
Ice Road Trucker is still on the air, right? I watched an episode just the other day. Or are they showing reruns nowadays?
I think there are quite a few series. Not sure which seasons i have seen. I stopped watching about 5 years ago when i changed service provider and was able to access Aussie Rules Football: that game is brutal.