Official teasers for general members

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

Official teasers for general members

Post by JFR » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:57 am

Well boys and girls, an "official teasers" thread is something we do in the patron forums but haven't really had for the general member group. But what is the point of having a fancy-shmancy new title if I don't shake things up a bit? :lol:

Since we have a new episode coming out soon, I thought it would be fun to trickle in an image or two to keep the interest up. I have to be careful not to stray into "spoiler" territory but Wolf has ok'ed a few I can post for you folks.

How about everybody's favorite teen computer geek, Jasmine?

thoffice024jit.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Re: Official teasers for general members

Post by Tao Dude » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:02 pm

That's a lovely shade of red in her face. I can guess roughly where this is going to come up, so this is a good starter.

Shepard

Post by Shepard » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:05 pm

Now that is nice!!! I'm interested to see where things go with this young lady. :lol:

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:15 am

What other tattoos does Jasmine have? Enquiring minds want to know. ;)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:23 am

infiniteignorance wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:15 am
Well, if you took advantage of the opportunity to look down her blouse Thursday morning when she asked for help with a video, you would know about one pretty major one. As for others, time will tell - maybe. :twisted:

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:04 am

JFR wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:23 am
infiniteignorance wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:15 am
Well, if you took advantage of the opportunity to look down her blouse Wednesday morning when she asked for help with a video, you would know about one pretty major one. As for others, time will tell - maybe. :twisted:
I would never do any such thing. I am a perfect gentleman. Brad, on the other hand, may have looked. He's not telling.

boulimanus

Post by boulimanus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Looking forward to find out what happens.
I'll have to go and replay a few times so I can set up a couple of saves at the end of each path with each girls.
Hard work, but worth the reward ;)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:33 pm

boulimanus wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:56 pm
Looking forward to find out what happens.
I'll have to go and replay a few times so I can set up a couple of saves at the end of each path with each girls.
Hard work, but worth the reward ;)
This is hard to do without giving too many spoilers. :D

I would suggest that a few saves on different paths during the Strip Club encounters with Azumi, both good and bad, would be a very good idea. As would at least one on Thursday morning at the Office when you first encounter a certain teen-aged intern. ;)

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:13 am

JFR wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:33 pm
I would suggest that a few saves on different paths during the Strip Club encounters with Azumi, both good and bad, would very a very good idea. As would at least one on Thursday morning at the Office when you first encounter a certain teen-aged intern. ;)
Is there a limit to the number of saves allowed, or is it high enough to be practically infinite? I have saves for most of the decision points that lead to future content, plus a few intermediates to allow me to replay key scenes if any backfill content is added or fixes for latent (i.e. only affecting future content) bugs are rolled out.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:13 am
Is there a limit to the number of saves allowed, or is it high enough to be practically infinite?
There is a limit, although I don't recall the number. Kexter could answer that question. The number is sufficiently high that most people won't encounter it.

Even if it was encountered, you could back up the saves using Menu --> Options --> Export Saves. Then create new saves up to the limit again, export those, and if you ever wanted to load an old save you would export the existing saves, use Menu ---> Options ---> Import Saves to bring in the old ones.

You could do this infinitely, so long as you have enough storage space for the export files. :)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
... Is there a limit to the number of saves allowed, or is it high enough to be practically infinite? I have saves for most of the decision points that lead to future content, plus a few intermediates to allow me to replay key scenes if any backfill content is added or fixes for latent (i.e. only affecting future content) bugs are rolled out.
I don't remember the number either but do recall that some long-time patrons have nearly a hundred. At one point I had several dozen. Deciding which are duplicates that can be safely deleted to avoid confusion can be rather daunting.

As a practical matter, having a lot of saves can be a challenge simply in keeping track of them. I'd suggest that working out an informative but simple naming convention can be very helpful. When you have 8 or 10 save points at the Strip Club on Wednesday night alone, just keeping track of which is which can be tricky. I am still experimenting with this, trying to make them more efficient and informative.

I have used the method Wolf mentioned - keeping different sets of saves and switching as needed - but caution that each time you switch to a new set of saves, that will wipe out the old ones in the game. Make sure you export and archive each set separately so you can restore them as needed. I also keep a running list on a paper tablet of just which saves relate to which paths. It can be quite a bookkeeping task. Finding and maintaining what I call super-saves at the major decision points can be helpful if you need to go way back to pick up something you missed. For example, the point where Brad is at his apartment the first night, deciding whether to go to the Bar or the Club is such an example. I have 4 there - Emily maxed at 10 points, Emily at mid-range points (6), Emily at low points and Emily at zero points. Early on, I returned to that point many times to try different paths. It was probably my most used save-game point during the first 6 episodes.

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Is there a limit to the number of saves allowed, or is it high enough to be practically infinite?
There's only a hard limit on IE/Edge if you're playing locally. That's around 20-25, maybe fifty saves. There might be a soft limit around 1000 but I don't have Ep6's code at hand currently so I can't say for sure (it might only apply to earlier versions, and probably just to the import-export feature). The limit is how much data your browser allows you to store in localStorage which is usually somewhere around 5MB per domain, a single save can take around 200-300 or more bytes, depending on how far along the story you are and how long a name you gave to the save. So theoretically you could go as high as 10-15 thousand saves.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:44 pm

JFR wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:46 pm
Tao Dude wrote:
... Is there a limit to the number of saves allowed, or is it high enough to be practically infinite?
As a practical matter, having a lot of saves can be a challenge simply in keeping track of them. I'd suggest that working out an informative but simple naming convention can be very helpful. When you have 8 or 10 save points at the Strip Club on Wednesday night alone, just keeping track of which is which can be tricky. I am still experimenting with this, trying to make them more efficient and informative.
Thanks for that (that includes Wolf/Kexter's contributions as well)
I have about 150 saves for key points. I have a sort of naming convention, but I rely on an Excel workbook to keep track of the related girls' scores and the key achievements leading to each save. I have a similar sheet for most of the games I play, largely becasue i cannot help but analyse and catalogue stuff.

Bronan

Post by Bronan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:41 pm

Anyone else going to note that Emily's desk appears to have been cleared off? Or am I looking at a different desk?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:19 pm

Bronan wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:41 pm
Anyone else going to note that Emily's desk appears to have been cleared off? Or am I looking at a different desk?
Good eye. This scene is first thing in the morning. Emily normally cleans up her desk in the evening before leaving the office. She hasn't gotten to work in this image so hasn't had time yet to mess it up. Give her a couple of hours. :D

Oh, and welcome to the conversation.