Emily's Two Hours

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
coochaeman
Lunch Patron

Emily's Two Hours

Post by coochaeman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:03 pm

As I've been chomping at the bit waiting for Episode 7 and continuing to try and luck my way into my missing achievements, I was wondering about Emily's remark at the end of the office scene where she says she'll meet Brad and Faith at the bar in two hours. Of course, I'm thinking "Hmmm, why two hours? What's she got planned?" Could be a lot of things, really. Definitely food for thought. But then, as I'm searching through the interweb to try and find out how to finally attain my missing achievements, I stumble upon Wolfshadowe's DeviantArt page, and discover a pic of Faith and Emily in the bar. Emily has apparently gone out and got herself a makeover! I'd post the pic but I'm not sure I'm allowed to (I certainly don't want to anger the creator of this wonderful universe!). Anyway if you want to check it out, it's here http://wolfschadowe.deviantart.com/art/ ... -507236864

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Emily's Two Hours

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:21 pm

coochaeman wrote: I'd post the pic but I'm not sure I'm allowed to
You are allowed. It's a publicly available pic. Nice find. Keep in mind that images I put over on Deviantart are generally test or demo images, so the overall render quality may not be up to what you will see when the images are included in the game.

jake1311

Post by jake1311 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:21 am

well damn, after seeing that pic I really can't wait to see more of Faith

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:44 am

jake1311 wrote:well damn, after seeing that pic I really can't wait to see more of Faith
Can't help you with Faith since any I have of her are not "publicly available." How about one of Natalie instead. Note the original image is by Wolfschadowe and certain enhancements have been made by me to improve viewing. The original was also found on Wolf's DA page.
natalie_pickup_B.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

coochaeman
Lunch Patron

Post by coochaeman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:54 am

You are allowed.
Thanks. Wolf! I was thrilled to find it, and being the "right kind of perv" I am I figured more of us might get a kick out of seeing it. Just something to help tide us over, to keep us all from going too crazy with anticipation. As Faith would say "We got it bad!" I realized at the time that it might not even be something that you would end up using, but I'm grateful for it, so thanks so much for posting it there.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:01 am

To include images in a post, you need to use the "Attachments" tab below the posting screen and choose "Add Files." Then point at the image you are posting and select "Place Inline."

MysticSaiyan

Post by MysticSaiyan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:53 am

Well that's awesome. Wolf you are putting a lot of effort in this game and I appreciate it.
(When I say Wolf, I mean all other people who are included in the project in any way as well) :D
And a good find coochaeman, I'll definitely check your deviantart page wolf. 8-)

coochaeman
Lunch Patron

Post by coochaeman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:57 am

Thanks, JFR!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:05 am

Since this thread has already been a source for posting "teaser" images many may not have seen, I'll go ahead and tack on another one that is publicly available but not been seen in the game yet. Thanks to coochaeman for starting it.

Those who have access to the patron forums know that I like to take some of Wolfschadowe's images, both in-game and teasers, and tweak them a bit in Photoshop to make them a bit easier to see. This is an image from the purposely dark Oak Street Bar that has not appeared in the game yet. It features a look at my favorite girl we probably don't have a shot with, Samantha, who is the waitress who works with Faith. My main reason for posting it is my admiration for the level of detail Wolf gets in his iRay renders. In addition to the characters, look at the floor, the bottles behind the bar and other details not usually found in similar game images. Also, it never hurts to get a free "up-skirt shot" in the background. :lol:
iray_render_of_thursday_bar_by_wolfschadowe-d8rbgnl_C.png

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:37 am

Please note, the final image, when it is in the game, will not make Samantha look like an oil covered mannequin wearing a tinsel shirt. It will look more like a normal knit shirt. :) This was an early shader test image, and most of Samantha's textures, failed. heh.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:38 am

Well, I suppose I could have posted the 3Dl version, which looks more like your description, but my point was the iRay detail. Can't have everything, I guess. ;)

coochaeman
Lunch Patron

Post by coochaeman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:59 am

Beautiful work, though. Lovely details like the light playing on the floor and reflecting off the bar really make it look alive. It looks like a bar I'd like to visit, hopefully when Faith and Emily are there.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:33 am

Ok, I feel like I might have inadvertently embarrassed our fearless leader by posting a "semi-failed" render above. :oops: I thought I'd try to show folks what kind of differences we are talking about.

The first image below is the older-style, pre-iRay render of the same scene that doesn't make Samantha look like an "oil-covered mannequin." The skin and hair features are more natural and the background girls are much brighter but the overall detail is more limited. The second image below is a game image straight from the public release. Note the much more limited details, such as the floor and the bottles and so forth on the work surface behind the bar. All the extra details are what Wolf was able to add with the newer render software. In both images, I have cropped and brightened them up quite a bit to make details more visible. This has caused some pretty bad jpg artifacts that are not in the original images. Those are all mine. :P

The point here is to highlight just how much work and artistry goes into this project. There are well over a thousand images in the game so far and thousands more to come! The switch to iRay rendering that is currently in progress will just make future images that much more awesome.
current_style_render_from_thursday_at_the_bar_by_wolfschadowe-d8rbg5c_D.jpg
n1-bar4_B.jpg

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Tue May 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Thanks for posting these images. I particularly like the way that Emily has blossomed now that she has been shown a bit of attention and got out from under the suffocating thumb of her fiancé.