BEW Work Slowdown and Episode 7 Delay

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: BEW Work Slowdown and Episode 7 Delay

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Show me the Boobies! wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:44 am
Wife aggro counts as an act of God.
Too true. Too true.

Reminds me of an exchange between my parents when I was relatively young, when they were arguing, and my dad had the stupidity to say "I wear the pants in this family."

My mom, a slender 5'9" woman said "Oh yeah?" and huffed into their bedroom momentarily before returning with a pair of her Jeans, throwing them at my dad, "Put those on."

My dad, who is an athletic 6'6" Looked confused at them as my mom kept yelling at him to put them on. Getting one leg barely into them, halfway up his thigh, he said, "There's no way I can get into these pants."

My mom replied, "That's right, and if you ever want to get into them again, you'll lose that attitude right now!"

I never saw that attitude from my dad again. :)

jurasek454
Lunch Patron

Post by jurasek454 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Hello Wolfschadow. On July 24, 2017, I paid $ 10 for lunch, but it only puts me into the group (coffee) on the site. How is it possible?

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:48 pm

jurasek454 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:40 pm
Hello Wolfschadow. On July 24, 2017, I paid $ 10 for lunch, but it only puts me into the group (coffee) on the site. How is it possible?
That`s called inflation!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:28 pm

jurasek454 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:40 pm
See my response to you in the "Episode Index" thread. Basically, you must send a PM to Wolfschadowe informing him that you have pledged so he can set up your patron credentials.

Tal3WakR

Post by Tal3WakR » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:53 am

I was just curious if you had a new time-table for when Episode 7 would be out for us public players? I enjoy your game, and have been waiting patiently for quite a while now. You said a bit back that it should be the beginning of July, but August starts tomorrow, and we got bubkiss. Thank you for making such a great game that we all enjoy playing.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:14 am

Tal3WakR wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:53 am
I was just curious if you had a new time-table for when Episode 7 would be out for us public players? I enjoy your game, and have been waiting patiently for quite a while now. You said a bit back that it should be the beginning of July, but August starts tomorrow, and we got bubkiss. Thank you for making such a great game that we all enjoy playing.
Every time someone who hasn't donated asks he moves it up another month.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:22 am

Tal3WakR wrote:
The current tentative plan is to release Episode 7 to the "early access" folks in mid- to late-August with the public release a week or so after that. Most of the episode is locked and as of last week, there were only a couple of small scenes left to finish up. There are also a couple of bugs still to be stomped but the beta is looking good and I would be very surprised if it isn't ready to go fairly soon. I have to say this new part of the game is looking great. There are some story twists and a couple of new mysteries to go with the erotic stuff.

You are right that it has been a long wait for this episode and it has been frustrating for Wolfschadowe more than anyone else. The upcoming episode is the most complicated so far and is also the largest episode of BEW ever. Once this one is out, future episodes should come out much more regularly and in a more timely manner.

Tal3WakR

Post by Tal3WakR » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:37 am

JFR wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:22 am
Tal3WakR wrote:
The current tentative plan is to release Episode 7 to the "early access" folks in mid- to late-August with the public release a week or so after that. Most of the episode is locked and as of last week, there were only a couple of small scenes left to finish up. There are also a couple of bugs still to be stomped but the beta is looking good and I would be very surprised if it isn't ready to go fairly soon. I have to say this new part of the game is looking great. There are some story twists and a couple of new mysteries to go with the erotic stuff.

You are right that it has been a long wait for this episode and it has been frustrating for Wolfschadowe more than anyone else. The upcoming episode is the most complicated so far and is also the largest episode of BEW ever. Once this one is out, future episodes should come out much more regularly and in a more timely manner.
Cool. Like I said, I love your game. I'd like it if I was able to donate, as "infiniteignorance" pointed out. But I have other, higher priority monthly charges to take care of. Like a car payment and a house payment. Glad to hear that this one will be so large, as it gives folks like myself something to delve into. I, for one, like it when creators take their time and release an substantial update, instead of one that extends the game play by, maybe, two minutes.
Keep up the great work, monseigneur Wolfschadowe.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:38 am

Tal3WakR wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:37 am
... I'd like it if I was able to donate, as "infiniteignorance" pointed out. ...
I want to make sure everyone understands that he was joking about donations. BEW is and always has been free to play for everyone. While Wolfschadowe appreciates the donations from patrons and can use that money to pay skilled helpers in the development process, he has said multiple times that the game project is a hobby for him and he would still be doing it without those donations. He'd probably just be doing it without as much help. :lol:

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:19 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:14 am
Every time someone who hasn't donated asks he moves it up another month.
Hmm... I kind of like this idea. Maybe a week for for patrons and a month for non-patrons who ask? :D
spoiler: show

dedale101187

Post by dedale101187 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Question the multilingual version will also be ready for non-patrons in a month or will it still have to wait?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:49 pm

dedale101187 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:46 pm
Question the multilingual version will also be ready for non-patrons in a month or will it still have to wait?
The localization files are dependent upon the availability of the volunteer translators.

The worst case scenario is that some of the game text will not be translated, and so will appear in English.

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:49 pm
dedale101187 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:46 pm
The localization files are dependent upon the availability of the volunteer translators.

The worst case scenario is that some of the game text will not be translated, and so will appear in English.
It will also depend on when we receive the files. Because +530 pages won't be ready in a week, that's almost for sure. So I guess most of localizations will be added in further patches after the general release date

Tal3WakR

Post by Tal3WakR » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:35 am

JFR wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:38 am
Tal3WakR wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:37 am
... I'd like it if I was able to donate, as "infiniteignorance" pointed out. ...
I want to make sure everyone understands that he was joking about donations. BEW is and always has been free to play for everyone. While Wolfschadowe appreciates the donations from patrons and can use that money to pay skilled helpers in the development process, he has said multiple times that the game project is a hobby for him and he would still be doing it without those donations. He'd probably just be doing it without as much help. :lol:

Yeah. I got he was joking. But I was being serious. I'd love to donate if I were able to do so. Because I like Wolfschadowe's and his crew's work. Sorry. Sarcastically funny doesn't translate to text very well. LoL.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:00 am

Tal3WakR wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:35 am
Yeah. I got he was joking. But I was being serious. I'd love to donate if I were able to do so. ...
I figured you got it. I am pretty conscious that others read these thread beyond the original posters. I just wanted to make it clear for anyone who may have come a little late to the party. :D