Favorite girl

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Re: Favorite girl

Post by Crane » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:45 am

Till now...
Jasemine too young.
Emily too confused. (but this could change of course)
Azumi too creepy.
Serenthia too "superhuman".
Faith too playful. (it doesn`t seem she wants anything serious, but even Brad doesn`t seem to be in a rush).
L & S. i don`t know them yet. (S. has only shown her face, L. has only "shown" her voice).

Natalie insists she`s "100% gay" because she doesn`t like being a "sex toy" of boys` fantasies. So that`s her way to discourage them. But she`s not "all against" a threesome or even a straight relationship. The former seems to be ok, the latter didn`t work in the past but it`s not "100% excluded".

xsandman78

Post by xsandman78 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:13 pm

JFR wrote:
d22249 wrote:... For a Brad and Emily "happy ever after", I think he should skip the wild stuff and take her to dinner and a movie ...
Agreed. Emily for dinner and a movie and Faith for the strip club people-watching date that might end up in a 3- or 4-some. I think the various 3-way Emily-Faith-together "wild evening" dates starting at the bar might well end badly for our hero. Of course, we will have to follow those paths. Merely for the sake of completion, you know. :twisted:

As a long-time member of Team Natalie, I wish I could see something there for long-term happiness but I just can't. Take her out and see where things go, sure. She would quite possibly be the most fun to be with. Have a hot and wild time with her - and whomever comes with that package. I just can't help thinking that she, deep down, actually wants to get back with Azumi as much as Azumi does. Nat just can't admit that to herself yet. She likes Brad a lot but she still loves Azumi. That could be hard to overcome. Remember that her happiness is as important as his.

Jasmine is cute and spunky but just too young for Brad. She has a crush but teen-aged crushes tend to lack long-term traction for the most part. I actually experienced one of those in my 30s and it can be exhausting, in more ways than one. I think Brad needs her geek skills more than her teen sexpot skills.

As for the 3 - er - strangers, I think we need more info to even daydream there. I'll reserve judgement until Season 2.
I'm less sure there couldn't be long-term happiness with Natalie but maybe that's hopeful thinking as she's my favourite.
Not sure Azumi is the main problem either because while it seems obvious she still cares for her without intervention i'm not sure she'd go back to her & therefore could find love & happiness elsewhere.
The bigger issue is Natalie willing/able to find happiness with a man given her insistence on her sexuality.

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Have to change my favorite girl. Margheal is now. Based on the teaser image. too bad she has a smaller part in this game. Would love to see a lot of her in that small role.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:19 am

ut1stgear wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:57 pm
Have to change my favorite girl. Margheal is now. Based on the teaser image. too bad she has a smaller part in this game. Would love to see a lot of her in that small role.
I didn't think that name had been mentioned in the general forums before this. I checked with Wolf and he is ok with it but I think we should get the spelling right - Muirgheal.

And I'm pretty impressed with her too. ;)

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:11 am

Glad he's fine with it. Haven't been paying attention to what's been discussed lately. Muirgheal, will try to remember the spelling in the future.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:40 am

And I think that means that generals who have completed enough of the game to see the bonus scenes have now seen (or heard) all 8 names. Some won't be "in play" until Season 2.

Liguste

Post by Liguste » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Crane wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:28 pm
The problem with Emily is that she hasn`t quite succeed acting like "a keeper". She just got humiliated by her ex for being too much "unadventurous", so i don`t think Emily is in the right mood to start planning a "till death do us part" relationship. :D
/delurk
Emily's main problem was her gay fiancé, who now decided to drop her off for his boyfried Tomas, and just needed an excuse...
I would subscribe to Emily being the most 'stable' relationship (in a traditional, over the years potentially boring sense). That being said, I personally love the Natalie path at the moment...

BTW: Great game, wolfshadowe (that needed to be said).
/lurk
--
2 Dinge sind unendlich: das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit. Nur beim Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.
A Einstein

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:59 pm

JFR wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:40 am
And I think that means that generals who have completed enough of the game to see the bonus scenes have now seen (or heard) all 8 names. Some won't be "in play" until Season 2.
That Murwhatever has not been mentioned in the released content so far. As a translator, I'm 100% sure

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:09 pm

moskys wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:59 pm
That Murwhatever has not been mentioned in the released content so far. As a translator, I'm 100% sure
Agreed. It has now been mentioned in the forum but not the game. ;)

My other uncertainty above was whether or not the 7th name had been mentioned in the general forum yet. I don't think so but a player might figure it out from a casual mention in the game.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Liguste wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:43 pm
/delurk
Emily's main problem was her gay fiancé, who now decided to drop her off for his boyfried Tomas, and just needed an excuse...
I would subscribe to Emily being the most 'stable' relationship (in a traditional, over the years potentially boring sense). That being said, I personally love the Natalie path at the moment...

/lurk
Welcome to the forum!

Don't feel you need to "re-lurk." Join the conversation. It is a little quiet around here at the moment but things should pick up when the next episode drops. :D

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:55 am

Liguste wrote:
/delurk

/lurk
Well, i`m happy for Tomas, but are you saying that Emily was so boring that made a gay out of a straight guy? :P

I`ve noticed that Emily after being dropped off doesn`t feel very secure about herself and about her choices. So, i don`t think she`s in the "stable mood" anymore. At least judging from some events at the Bar and its consequences in the office the very next day i really doubt that Emily is still that "shy potentially boring" woman. I expect Emily`s metamorphosis to be the most surprising character change in BEW and i think i`m gonna love it. Oh, we`re gonna have a beautiful butterfly out of that boring caterpillar.

But i`m still bewitched by Natalie.

p.s Welcome!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:43 am

Crane wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:55 am

Well, i`m happy for Tomas, but are you saying that Emily was so boring that made a gay out of a straight guy? :P
Well, I am not so sure about just how straight he is/was. Several of the comments made in the apartment scene between Brad and Emily suggest that Eddie was more interested in his "best friend" than his fiance. Brad makes a couple of not-so-subtle comments about some behaviors that seem suspect to him but Emily doesn't pick up on them, making her seem a bit clueless. Perhaps naive is a better word. The suggestion seems clear that Eddie might have been stepping out on Emily with his "best friend." It seems possible that he manufactured the whole huge fight in order to get rid of Emily and clear the way for something with his good friend. I wonder if Eddie might have been hinting at a possible MMF but Emily just didn't pick up on it, triggering the "not adventurous enough" complaint.

We may never know as I suspect Eddie will probably disappear from the story.

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:36 am

It was supposed to be a joke. :mrgreen:

And i said that because what provoked "Emily`s metamorphosis" is not the fact Eddie is like Kevin Kline in "In & Out", it is actually the "non adventurous" complaint. It`s true Eddie has other reasons and Emily is still too confused to figure out the whole picture but even naive Emily understands that that complaint is also true.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 am

I don't know if there will be a game scene on Friday afternoon when Brad goes with Emily to get her stuff from Eddie's place but if there is it might be instructional. Only "The Shadow Knows." * (Those under about 40 probably won't get this reference)

* Wolfschadowe, that is, and he ain't telling. :lol:

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Liguste wrote:
/delurk
Yay! :D
Liguste wrote:
Great game, wolfshadowe
Thanks! And Welcome!
Liguste wrote:
/lurk
Aww... :cry:
JFR wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 am
I don't know if there will be a game scene on Friday afternoon when Brad goes with Emily to get her stuff from Eddie's place
Kinda sorta yep.
JFR wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 am
Wolfschadowe, that is, and he ain't telling.
Ahh...but he knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men. ;)