Favorite girl

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
d22249
Insane Patron!

Favorite girl

Post by d22249 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:16 pm

With the disclaimer that it is very early in the game, I like Faith the best so far. I like her attitude and folksy wisdom. I really like how she interacts with Brad, especially after Emily leaves the bar (or doesn't show up) no matter what caused her to leave. I also like the way Faith interacts with Emily. I've spent the bulk of my game time in the Bar, though partly because completing that opens the bonus content, which I enjoyed. Quite interesting is the bonus content. I've also learned to use the export feature as I've lost my saves and achievements twice. Not so bad now but could be devastating later on. Denny

ExLibris
Master Tester / Moderator

Re: Favorite girl

Post by ExLibris » Thu May 28, 2015 10:16 am

Natalie is my personal favourite. That's partly due to her having the best character model (in my opinion) and partly because it seems like she's going to have the most interesting story (ie. the story with the most complications). It also helps that her relationship with Brad isn't based on him 'secretly' ogling her (which is something I find a little repetitive with the other major female characters). Instead he actively pursues her, which I find more interesting.

Emily would probably come in second, because she's received the most characterisation. I also have a soft spot for Azumi for various reasons, mostly her potential to add drama and the fact that Brad can never quite trust her. However, I'm not fond of her character model, which is why she's only my third on my list.

I do like Faith as well. It's just that at this point we don't know much about her. She's also the most obviously interested in Brad, so it's unclear where the drama is going to come from.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Natalie vs Emily vs Faith is like cake vs pie vs ice cream. They're all sweet but what are you in the mood for? One of the many things I like about this game is that I agree with your assessment and I still like Faith best. Why? In the scene after accommodated where Brad's kissing them before he leaves the bar, Faith jumps up and wraps her legs around Brad. Who will I like best after we get a couple of days to play with is left to find out.

There is plenty of foreshadowing in the various scenes, especially the demo bonus scene that leads me to believe that no matter who Brad picks there will be plenty of drama to go around.

I like your walk through, though with this game I only use it when I'm stuck trying to find the last thing I need for a goal, and only after I've tried everything I can think of. This game needs to be savored.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu May 28, 2015 5:58 pm

I put a lot of thought into this, and I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Of course, I have a different view of them all. If I absolutely had to pick a favorite, it would probably be one that we haven't got to yet in the story, but it's a narrow margin.

Of the three that are currently available, I'd probably lean a bit towards Faith, but like d22249 said, it kind of depends on my mood. Usually, by the time I finish building a scene with one of them, I'm really in the mood for someone else. :)

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Wolfschadowe, does your favorite drink Megabucks Coffee?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu May 28, 2015 8:18 pm

d22249 wrote:Wolfschadowe, does your favorite drink Megabucks Coffee?
Nope. We'll meet her in the very first frame of Season 2...or maybe the second.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:51 pm

What day starts Season 2?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu May 28, 2015 10:09 pm

d22249 wrote:What day starts Season 2?
Season one is Day one, Wednesday Morning (intro) through Friday morning. Season Two picks up with the second Friday scene and runs to Sunday evening. Season Three picks up on Sunday night and runs through Tuesday night, ending out the week and the storyline for the game.

Fun Fact, one of the scenes in Season 3, on the Emily Main path (canon path for the universe) is an alternate POV with the main character in Chapter 1 of the Soon™ to be published book series. [spoiler="But..."]But...the series is already 2 years overdue for the first book, mainly because the publisher wants all 3 books of the initial trilogy ready so that the books can be released in quick succession. I have a bet with the author which will be finished first. BEW or the 3 books. :lol:[/spoiler]

karrek
BEW Tester

Post by karrek » Thu May 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Based off very first impressions only I think Jasmine is actually my favorite, though sadly I doubt we'll get much content with her for a very long time.

Based off of everything I've seen so far, Emily is my favorite. I'm sure part of that is just that she's the most characterized so far, but I also like the style of the relationship the best, and her character model is the most appealing to me.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:29 pm

Haven't met Jasmine yet...

I've only been following this since March so I wasn't aware that this is someone else's universe. I'm guessing you've read the book? Or is this a shared RPG setting? Anyway you slice it up the universe makes the story that much better. I'm enjoying discovering it bit by bit. In case I haven't said this before, nicely done!

karrek
BEW Tester

Post by karrek » Thu May 28, 2015 11:41 pm

Jasmine will be showing up in the next episode I believe.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu May 28, 2015 11:44 pm

d22249 wrote:Haven't met Jasmine yet...

I've only been following this since March so I wasn't aware that this is someone else's universe. I'm guessing you've read the book? Or is this a shared RPG setting? Anyway you slice it up the universe makes the story that much better. I'm enjoying discovering it bit by bit. In case I haven't said this before, nicely done!
You'll meet her on Monday, during early access, hopefully. :)

The author of the series is a close friend of mine. Considering what started as a series of all night Denny's chats many, many years ago, when I was young enough to actually do that and be functional the next day, I am considered a co-creator of the universe, I guess, but mostly I just helped enhance his ideas by asking questions. So..not only have I read the rough draft manuscripts, we've also chatted about the unwritten story, backstory, rules, laws, etc, so I probably know the universe about as well as the author.

Somewhat cool is that I started the game writing it as fan fiction, but after he played early versions of the game, and our conversations about the story-lines and such, he declared the "Emily Main" path and all game characters as canon, and some of the characters I created will appear here and there in the series, as appropriate. :)

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Fri May 29, 2015 12:55 am

Hey when the books come out give us a yell. I would like to see the world written through another's eyes if it wont ruin the game. Otherwise may just have to wait to buy them :)

On topic. Favorite girl so far is tied between Natalie or Emily. Both of them, so far, require the most work on Brad's part.
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:53 pm

karrek wrote:Based off very first impressions only I think Jasmine is actually my favorite, though sadly I doubt we'll get much content with her for a very long time.
Karrek, I can see why you like Jasmine. She is interesting and clearly likes Brad. I doubt Emily would like a Brad-Jasmine hook up so it would have enough drama for ExLibris. Still, might not be available til 2020 or so... :D

ExLibris
Master Tester / Moderator

Post by ExLibris » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:55 pm

d22249 wrote:I doubt Emily would like a Brad-Jasmine hook up so it would have enough drama for ExLibris. Still, might not be available til 2020 or so... :D
Having had a vision of the future, I can say that I doubt that Emily would like Brad hooking up with anyone who isn't her. She'd certainly be justified with Jasmine, who must be ten years younger than Brad and, more importantly, is his employee. Together with the differences in their personalities, there would certainly be drama.

That said, Jasmine is one of the two characters I like least (although at present we've only seen her in one mostly linear sequence). I also think that having another girl that Brad ogles turn out to be interested in him without him actually lifting a finger would be very repetitive. So a Brad/Jasmine hookup is low on my list at the moment.