Suggestion for new members

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
boulimanus

Re: Suggestion for new members

Post by boulimanus » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:51 am

For those of us not privy to that seldom shared and always fuzzy roadmap picture, we can only try to second guess anyway.
Me, I'm hoping for a fulfilling relationship with Natalie and my hopes are all on the breakfast scene (so nowhere close to the Ep.7 apartment either).

PS: don't give me any hint about options, happy to wait to find out; although, if it doesn't exist yet, take my hint to create the path.. ;)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:58 am

dutch wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:37 am
... the only path with a chance of success had nothing to do with the apartment. ...
Well, to be clear, there are many paths with a chance of success. It is just that one man's success is another man's disappointment. You can reach "successful endings" with each of the romantic interests. Just be careful what you wish for.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:02 am

boulimanus wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:51 am
... PS: don't give me any hint about options, happy to wait to find out; although, if it doesn't exist yet, take my hint to create the path.. ;)
Don't worry. :D

There have been several in-depth speculation-fests in the patron-only forums but that sort of thing would be out of bounds for the open, general forum here.

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:56 am

I guess I should ask? If the version of section 7 I downloaded has a bug, how long before the corrected version is ready to download?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:36 pm

dutch wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:56 am
I guess I should ask? If the version of section 7 I downloaded has a bug, how long before the corrected version is ready to download?
Wolfschadowe posted information regarding this bug/patch in the "Episode 8 Status ..." thread pinned at the top of this forum section.

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:27 am

I was reading some of the old posts and answers and I have to admit the more questions I read the more questions I had. One of the things I have to ask is about achievements. This was on a locked thread on episode 7. It said if I have this right that minor (read that as parts of an achievement) won't trigger a banner. But once all parts of the achievement has been accomplished it will. Some of these have 8 parts to complete. Now I may have been doing myself a disservice here. but if I didn't see a banner I didn't bother to save the game, I'd just start another pass through. SO does that mean that if I had got 1 or 2 of the parts accomplished saw no banner so didn't save then they would be lost or are they somehow tracked until all the achievement is accomplished?

The second question is about points, I've read the whole gasoline example and others. Somewhere I read that the easy level was relationship points the medium level was reputation points, so what does that make the points in the hard level??

I'm still not a convinced fan of reputation or relationship truly explaining the points. Example going to the coffee shop. If you cross the street and don't have a close call with the van, you score a point on each female you have interacted with. How is that reputation or relationship? None of the women were involved with it?

I still think it would have been funnier to let Brad get hit by the van and have to restart the game. But that's just my warped sense of humor.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:47 am

dutch wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:27 am
SO does that mean that if I had got 1 or 2 of the parts accomplished saw no banner so didn't save then they would be lost or are they somehow tracked until all the achievement is accomplished?
Nope. Saving doesn't matter. If you trigger it, it's recorded separately from save games. That's why saves and achievements have separate export and import files. Even if you don't save, the achievement and sub-achievements are kept.
dutch wrote:
The second question is about points, I've read the whole gasoline example and others. Somewhere I read that the easy level was relationship points the medium level was reputation points, so what does that make the points in the hard level??
that doesn't apply anymore. That conversation was likely before we had the top banner that always showed the relationship with the women. The main difference is that the thresholds for many of the checks are easier on the easy and medium levels, but also some paths are blocked for those as well. Only Hard level can experience the full game. Easy and Medium are intended for getting a feel for the game and the girls or helping find the entry points to some paths for new players.
dutch wrote:
Example going to the coffee shop. If you cross the street and don't have a close call with the van, you score a point on each female you have interacted with. How is that reputation or relationship? None of the women were involved with it?
That's a reputation point for Serenthia's observations as she is walking towards Brad at that time.
dutch wrote:
I still think it would have been funnier to let Brad get hit by the van and have to restart the game. But that's just my warped sense of humor.
Not yet. The game doesn't get lethal until day 3. :twisted:

Ye Olde Farte

Post by Ye Olde Farte » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 5:53 am
JFR wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 5:37 am
Something I should know about, boss?
Any path where Brad is zipped in the cab will fail to elevate properly to the no-pants version of the "lap-dance contest" at the apartment later. This blocks the Azumi Wins and Oops paths, among a few other minor branches.
Been checking in periodically for updates and found this post. May I presume the bug has been fixed by this point?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:50 pm

Yes. Assuming you have the most recent version, everything works as intended. All paths are open.