Episode 6 Options

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
ckpbs

Re: Episode 6 Options

Post by ckpbs » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:Hello everyone,

With my one week dev stop, plus getting caught up with real life work after being out for a week for the funeral and related family business, the Inclusion content won't be ready by the end of August.

I would like to open discussions on what to do. I'm not doing a vote this time as I'm more interested in opinions and feedback, then I'll make the decision.

Option 1 - Delay
Delay S1EP6 until September end.

Release Schedule (Subject to change):
Sept S1EP6 - Inclusion content [Azumi + Natalie content + Jasmine content]
Dec S1EP7 - Thursday Bar [Faith + Emily content]

(tentative)
Mar S1EP9 - Dance Club [Natalie + Jasmine content]
June S1EP9 - Emily Date Night (or Thursday Strip Club + Campus) [Emily content]
Sept S1EP10 - Thursday Strip Club + Campus (or Emily Date Night) [Faith + Natalie + Azumi + Emily content]
Dec S1EP11 - Season 1 Finale part 1
Mar S1EP12 - Season 1 Finale part 2
Jun - Break time
Sept S2E01 - Season 2 Opening

Pro's: More time to tune and tweak the logic. More time for testing. More time for Translation.
Con's: Another fucking delay! :)

Option 2 - Swap
Release EP6 next week with alternate content from content in the holding bin. Including a meeting on Campus with Azumi, and picking up Emily at her apartment. Move the inclusion content to EP7 for release in November. (The campus scene was originally planned to release in about 2-3 episodes, along with the Thursday Strip Club.

Aug S1EP6 - Campus + Emily Pick-up
Nov S1EP6 - Inclusion content [Azumi + Natalie content + Jasmine content]
Feb S1EP7 - Thursday Bar [Faith + Emily content]

(tentative)
May S1EP9 - Dance Club [Natalie + Jasmine content]
Aug S1EP9 - Emily Date Night (or Thursday Strip Club + Campus) [Emily content]
Nov S1EP10 - Thursday Strip Club + Campus (or Emily Date Night) [Faith + Natalie + Azumi + Emily content]
Feb S1EP11 - Season 1 Finale part 1
May S1EP12 - Season 1 Finale part 2
Jun - Break time
Sept S2E01 - Season 2 Opening

Pro's: New content immediately (Mostly story), Additional inclusion content from the Campus scene in EP7
Con's: Delay of expected content from Inclusion. Possible disappointment from Story only content in EP6.

Let me know your thoughts.
November now! Any updates for Inclusion content [Azumi + Natalie content + Jasmine content]? Checking here every single day LOL

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:47 pm

ckpbs wrote: ... November now! Any updates for Inclusion content [Azumi + Natalie content + Jasmine content]? Checking here every single day LOL
We will have to wait for Wolfschadowe to make a definitive statement regarding future releases but in general, episode releases occur near the end of the month. I'm not expecting anything new for at least a few more weeks.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:53 pm

JFR wrote:episode releases occur near the end of the month.
It's a bit cloudy at the moment. November 28th is a possible release date still. If not then, it will be Dec 28th at the very very latest. The main deciding point will be if I can get the writing done fast enough so that the translators have time to work their magic. I have a bunch of rendering to do also, but the critical path renders are done. Most of the remaining renders are one-off, like an angry face instead of happy, or a change in hand position, or hiding/unhiding clothes. So those are about a 1 minute adjustment and hit render . We'll see. It's too close to call at the moment, and may come down to what I can get done over the next week.

jurasek454
Lunch Patron

Post by jurasek454 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:28 pm

Shit. that the pace of creating the game ends even live to see :cry:

Ehrman

Post by Ehrman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:27 am

jurasek454 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:28 pm
Shit. that the pace of amazing pre workouts results ends even live to see :cry:
Yep, the pace is pretty slow.
Last edited by Ehrman on Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Ehrman wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:27 am
jurasek454 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:28 pm
Shit. that the pace of creating the game ends even live to see :cry:
Yep, the pace is pretty slow.
When you consider how much ground there is to cover and it's a small team working on this, progress is not that slow. To create one minute of gameplay probably takes Wolf and the team several hours to complete.

On the plus side, Episode 7 is just around the corner unless Wolf hits some last-minute snags.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:32 pm
On the plus side, Episode 7 is just around the corner unless Wolf hits some last-minute snags.
Last minute snags? Of course, it's the cursed episode. :evil: But still around the corner. Early access is a matter of weeks. Not months...weeks. :)
Tao Dude wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:32 pm
When you consider how much ground there is to cover and it's a small team working on this
Well put. Every single page represents 1-2 hours of effort, not counting the time to render the image. Also consider it's a hobby project done by everyone in their spare time. While I try to commit a minimum of 3 hours a day to the game (not always successful) others who help can only commit a few hours a week most of the time. I ask folks to please keep this in mind, especially when comparing this with others who may be producing games full time or are able to commit more significant time and resources.

Also, there are times where I simply get stuck with the story for a time. Writers block is a cruel mistress. :-p I have all the main points mapped out, but sometimes the details of the story and the transitions and branches will elude me for a time before the epiphany strikes and I go on a mad writing spree. heh.

Still, EP7 is close. All the main branches are done, and just a few failure paths are still being worked on. Plus a recap update and reworking. Soon.

Ricochetv1

Post by Ricochetv1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:16 am

Option 1. Definitely option 1...

Incidentally, what was added in the 1.6.5 update?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:18 am

Ricochetv1 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:16 am
Option 1. Definitely option 1...
Welcome to the group. We hope you will continue to join in the conversation.

That said, you probably didn't notice the dates on the posts but the "Option" question you responded to is over a year-and-a-half old and refers to Episode 6, which was released last year. That issue was settled a long time ago. ;) We should be seeing the next update to Episode 7 within a few weeks.

If you recently downloaded the full game, it already has the patch to 1.6.5 included. You can tell for sure by looking at the lower right-hand corner of the opening "Main Menu" screen. I believe it was a foreign language support addition. I didn't bother with it since I play in English.