Episode 6 Options

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Episode 6 Options

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:53 pm

KillJoy2190 wrote:Long time listener, first time caller.
Great! Welcome to the forum, and thanks for joining the conversation!
KillJoy2190 wrote:Since you're going with option 2, when do you plan on releasing the Campus/Emily episode?
I'm hoping for today or tomorrow, but a couple cleanup items and small bugs to fix. Could leak to Monday at the very latest.
Sebastian wrote:Dammit so sick of the cheating whore already
Haha. Azumi is expected to be polarizing.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Azumi is the girl I actually deny to play through. :)

Shepard

Post by Shepard » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:54 pm

Oh well... I'm sure it's going to be awesome just like every other release, so either option was fine in the end. That postpones the inclusion content to November, right? It isn't that long.

I gotta say, though: I'm still hyped for that sweet Azumi and Jasmine content, if you catch my drift. Thanks for all the hard work, Wolf.

Prince Charming

Post by Prince Charming » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:41 pm

Condolences Wolf, Im sorry for your loss :(
Don't you worry about a thing tho, we're not going anywhere :D

May the force be with you!

DerpDerpington

Post by DerpDerpington » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:53 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:Thank you all for the feedback. I appreciate all of it.

It seems like the overall consensus is to take Option 1, and delay the release of Inclusion content for another month. So, with that in mind, we're going to do Option 2.
REALLY?! :shock:

I am very very disappointed.

To reflect amount of my disappointment I have lowered my pledge on Patreon from Dinner level (25$) to Coffee (1$), because that's the amount of money you deserve for this loathsome change of plans.

Not only you didn't meet original May's release, but in addition cancelling at least half of promised content? Damn!
I have considered cancelling my pledge altogether, but I am giving you a benefit of doubt.
You are lucky other patrons don't visit your forum (often), because they wouldn't take this news kindly as well...
Last edited by DerpDerpington on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

DerpDerpington

Post by DerpDerpington » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:00 am

Shepard wrote:Oh well... I'm sure it's going to be awesome just like every other release, so either option was fine in the end. That postpones the inclusion content to November, right? It isn't that long.
You still believe in that original timeline in the first post?[spoiler]
Wolfschadowe wrote:Option 2 - Swap

Aug S1EP6 - Campus + Emily Pick-up
Nov S1EP6 - Inclusion content [Azumi + Natalie content + Jasmine content]
Feb S1EP7 - Thursday Bar [Faith + Emily content]

May S1EP9 - Dance Club [Natalie + Jasmine content]
Aug S1EP9 - Emily Date Night (or Thursday Strip Club + Campus) [Emily content]
Nov S1EP10 - Thursday Strip Club + Campus (or Emily Date Night) [Faith + Natalie + Azumi + Emily content]
Feb S1EP11 - Season 1 Finale part 1
May S1EP12 - Season 1 Finale part 2
Jun - Break time
Sept S2E01 - Season 2 Opening
[/spoiler]They won't make it on time. Expect further postpone.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:02 am

Wolfschadowe is not your employee. Please don't treat him as if he was.

DerpDerpington

Post by DerpDerpington » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:03 am

lurking wrote:Wolfschadowe is not your employee. Please don't treat him as if he was.
Since I am giving him my money, then technically... 8-)

also criticism is part of feedback, if you can't take it, then you shouldn't visit forums or internet discussions.
Last edited by DerpDerpington on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:05 am

Those are donations, not wage. ;)

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:12 am

moskys wrote: Anyway, there'll always be haters :roll:
Told ya :lol:

May I assume we translators won't have time to work on our localizations before the general release?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:33 am

DerpDerpington wrote:... that's the amount of money you deserve for this loathsome change of plans. ...
Wow! You do understand that this is a FREE game, available to all and is being developed as a hobby, don't you? You don't need to be a patron at all to enjoy the game.

Also, I disagree with your contention that patrons don't come on the forum much. There are less than 300 patrons and over 850 members of this forum. The higher level patrons come through here regularly, which you might not have noticed since you only joined today. There was a very good reason for the most recent delay, which you also might not have noticed,

Why not take a deep breath, calm down a little and enjoy the free game.

Shepard

Post by Shepard » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:56 am

DerpDerpington wrote:
Shepard wrote:Oh well... I'm sure it's going to be awesome just like every other release, so either option was fine in the end. That postpones the inclusion content to November, right? It isn't that long.
You still believe in that original timeline in the first post?[spoiler]
Wolfschadowe wrote:Option 2 - Swap

Sept S2E01 - Season 2 Opening
[/spoiler]They won't make it on time. Expect further postpone.

I'm truly sorry, I did not want to come off as condescending or anything of the sort. My sincere apologies.

DerpDerpington

Post by DerpDerpington » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:58 am

JFR wrote:Wow! You do understand that this is a FREE game, available to all and is being developed as a hobby, don't you? You don't need to be a patron at all to enjoy the game.

Also, I disagree with your contention that patrons don't come on the forum much. There are less than 300 patrons and over 850 members of this forum. The higher level patrons come through here regularly, which you might not have noticed since you only joined today. There was a very good reason for the most recent delay, which you also might not have noticed
1st of all:
Do you realise, that although this is a free game that there is a Patreon page, where people support your work with their money?
Since your Patreon account is pretty much dead (last post in April?) that's why I felt obliged to explain my reaction here. Original goal of release deserved donation of 25$, but after these changes it no longer applies. (on Patreon people still think they are pledging their money for the original goal, you know)
Dont get me wrong, I had nothing against another delay (I was fine with community's vote here in this topic)... but after all that feedback you still decided "so you want option 1? Meh, we will do option 2." You gotta admit that is very unreasonable decision.

2nd)
Next time plz don't make faulty assumptions. "You joined forum today" doesn't equal "you didnt visit and read forum before". Until today there was nothing wrong and I was fine staying as silent lurker :P

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:12 am

DerpDerpington wrote:Do you realise, that although this is a free game that there is a Patreon page, where people support your work with their money?
Do you realize that JFR is not the developer of this game nor in any way participating in getting the money collected from the patrons?

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:49 am

C'mon guys, calm down. Here DerpDerpington is expressing his feelings, which I find reasonable to some extent. He decide how to spend his money and he was expecting something different from Wolf. I don't agre with him but it's an understable reaction. As I posted previously on this thread, most of us understand the reasons behind these continues delays, but people is free to feel different about them especially when they're patrons. And, honestly, if you say March or April, then maybe june, then of course july, then let's hope it's august, then well, I can't make it on time so let's release a completely different episode which actually could have been out some months ago, it's quite logical some people get upset, even if they are not paying on a monthly basis but just per release.