Episode 6 Options

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Doran
Lunch Patron

Re: Episode 6 Options

Post by Doran » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:08 pm

My deepest condolences to you and your family. Like others said before me: don't worry about us, real life and family comes first.

Out of the two options, I would slightly prefer number 1, but a change of release order would be fine as well. Take the route, you feel best about.

lollar21

Post by lollar21 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:58 am

I suppose I have a larger crush on Natalie than I do the other girls, so anything advancing her storyline would be preferable to me. However, in the long run, I'll likely be satisfied with either option.

MarvinJ

Post by MarvinJ » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:41 pm

My heart says option 2 as this seems to advance existing storylines, but my head says option 1 as this puts things in place for other things in future.

It would be great to see new stuff next week, but it will be just as good (if not better) in 5 weeks time.

Don't be afraid to go 'Scotty' on your estimates for stuff - telling us things will be 5 months and then delivering in 3 is always better than the other way round.

poke23
Master Tester / Moderator

Post by poke23 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:18 pm

Option 1 definitely in my opnion

nymph21

Post by nymph21 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:54 pm

Newbie here. Been playing for a while but only joined the forum recently.

Like most people here, I prefer option 1, but I'd say that best option is what you developers and testers are comfortable with. You guys are doing all the hard work so whatever fits in best with your schedule.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:15 pm

MarvinJ wrote:Don't be afraid to go 'Scotty' on your estimates for stuff
Kinda already doing that, in a bad way. The initial estimate was that it would take 6 months per inclusion. In this case we are doing all 3 inclusions at the same time, which would initially be 18 months. Currently we are at 8 months, so still ahead of schedule in that regard. The difference is, Scotty would say "18 months" up until the moment it's fixed, and then at 9 months say "It's done!"
nymph21 wrote:Newbie here.
Welcome to the forum nymp21! Thanks for the feedback!

In fact, there's lots of first time posters in this thread. Great to see all of your feedback!

xsandman78

Post by xsandman78 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:13 am

Option 1 seems best to me. Waiting longer for full meal seems a small price.

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:07 pm

Been awhile since I;ve posted. I lean toward Option 1. However There seems to be an over site (maybe) in that the 3rd and final romanceable character isn't mentioned in the Sept release. Or is it an over site Wolfshadowe. Only see Azumi, Natalie and Jasmine or do I need new glasses. lol

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:28 pm

ut1stgear wrote:... the 3rd and final romanceable character isn't mentioned in the Sept release. ... lol
I will be surprised if we see L or M before Season 2. ;)

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:47 pm

JFR wrote:
ut1stgear wrote:... the 3rd and final romanceable character isn't mentioned in the Sept release. ... lol
I will be surprised if we see L or M before Season 2. ;)
I can't remember where or in which thread or when that was mentioned already but that her inclusion would be part of the next release but as more of an introduction and not much content included because she doesn't actually become a part of the story until at least season 2. So I agree it will be some time before she has a lot of detail. Of course I could have misunderstood that particular post. Been to long to try to find it now.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Thank you all for the feedback. I appreciate all of it.

It seems like the overall consensus is to take Option 1, and delay the release of Inclusion content for another month. So, with that in mind, we're going to do Option 2.

Wait, what?

There are several small reasons for the decision.
  • I would like a bit more time to work on the story for the inclusion content. It's just not quite up to where I want it to be, quality wise.
  • The campus scene is the best beginning of Azumi storylines. There is 1 Azumi branch that begins from the Wednesday Inclusion content, all others begin from the Campus scene.
  • The campus scene is a better introduction to Azumi than the Wednesday inclusion content, and from a "player knowledge" perspective, better experienced first. It's more logical from an overall storytelling perspective to release the Campus scene earlier than the Azumi Inclusion content.
  • This also Moves the Thursday Bar to Episode 8, which is good. That scene is HUGE, and there is risk of having to split it into 2 episodes. By pushing it back an episode to come after the inclusions in EP7, there will be more time to try and get that fully out as a single episode. It's currently about 1/3 done.
  • Doesn't extend further development delays. The Campus scene would have been released in a future episode before the Thursday strip club. This is just reordering content release.
  • There is only one path to the Campus scene, meaning it's viable for a single EP6 savegame at the beginning of the scene to handle all Azumi Inclusion content that is added for EP7. That savegame is unaffected by Wednesday inclusion content.
  • The Emily Apartment scene content is also immune from any Jasmine or Azumi changes included with the Inclusion content.
Keep in mind, the initial estimate for each inclusion was 6 months. We are doing 3 inclusions, although we won't see M until Season 2, the in-game framework still needed to be updated, as well as all storylines that would impact in the future. From that perspective, we are still coming out early, even with the EP7 release.

There will be no Early Access for EP6, due to the timing and logistics of an August EP6 release, although in exchange, we'll provide those qualifying for EA some Creator Commentary videos that are intended to begin release with Ep7. Watch for those to come in the next week or so.

Again, thank you all for your support, and watch for a full announcement in the next day or so.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:Wait, what?
Yup. :shock:

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:02 am

lurking wrote:
Wolfschadowe wrote:Wait, what?
Yup. :shock:
Dammit so sick of the cheating whore already :evil: . I was so looking forward to more with my girl Natalie. Oh well guess I'm waiting for November :(
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:23 am

Sebastian wrote:... Dammit so sick of the cheating whore already :evil: . ...
Don't bottle it up, tell us how you really feel. ;) :D

KillJoy2190

Post by KillJoy2190 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:13 pm

First of all,
Long time listener, first time caller. ;)

Second,
Since you're going with option 2, when do you plan on releasing the Campus/Emily episode?

P.S.
Keep up the good work!!! Waiting sucks, but playing the game MORE than makes up for it!!!