The inclusion girls

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: The inclusion girls

Post by JFR » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:40 am

Doran wrote:... Azumi intrigues me the most. I can't bare to see good people suffering, even if she handles her regrets well and doesn't let them dominate her. ...
I don't disagree. Azumi has her vulnerable side and might be "good people." But let's not forget [spoiler]that rage-reddened eyed, fang-baring scene where we thought she might drain Brad's blood - and threatened further great bodily harm if he screwed over Natalie again.[/spoiler]

Azumi is complicated. As are several of the others. I suspect we will have completely different perceptions of most of the girls after the first several days. We don't really know any of them yet.

Doran
Lunch Patron

Post by Doran » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:37 pm

JFR wrote: ... But lets not forget [spoiler]that rage-reddened eyed, fang-baring scene where we thought she might drain Brad's blood - and threatened further great bodily harm if he screwed over Natalie again.[/spoiler]
Yeah there was this one thing...^^
[spoiler]Originally I didn't rate it as very evil, since it was "just" a threat after hurting the person she cares most for, but on the other hand she might have done something, if Brad wasn't a friend of Natalie.

We don't know her past, but Natalie had and still has affection for her, so she can't be too bad. Either way we should look forward to some interesting scenes with a dangerous woman!^^[/spoiler]

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:42 am

Doran wrote:... Either way we should look forward to some interesting scenes with a dangerous woman! ...
I think that applies to several of the women. For example, once we see the first Bonus Scene, it appears that Sere is also scary as hell. :?

[spoiler]Brad is walking into a minefield and doesn't even know it yet.[/spoiler]

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:41 pm

JFR wrote:For example, once we see the first Bonus Scene, it appears that Sere is also scary as hell.
So...Just for my own giggles, and food for thought for everyone else. Two of the Season 1 girls either know a lot about Sere, or will come to know a lot about her by Thursday night. One knows the myth, one knows the facts.

Who is who, and why? GO! :D

Doran
Lunch Patron

Post by Doran » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:56 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:... Who is who, and why? GO! :D
Here I go!^^
[spoiler]Ok, so Azumi and Serenthia have somewhat similar abilities, as Brad can feel the influence from Serenthia, etc. after meeting angry Azumi. That implies to me, that they both are likely to know more factual knowledge about each other than the other season 1 girls. Who knows how old they both really are?

Theoretically Azumi could have told Natalie everything about Serenthia as well, but as you said, the second season 1 girl only knows a myth or learns about it in season 1. For me, that rules Natalie out and leaves only Jasmine, Faith and Emily as possible candidates.

Out of those three Jasmine is the only one, who experiences something abnormal in connection to Serenthia (while watching a security camera, if I remember correctly). That makes her the woman in season 1, who is most likely to research further into this phenomenon and possibly stumble upon Serenthias myth.

My answer is Azumi for factual knowledge and Jasmine for mythological knowledge!
(If I mixed Jasmine and Emily up with watching the security cameras, my answer changes to Emily!)[/spoiler]

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:21 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:... Who is who, and why? GO! :D
You have entirely too much fun playing with our minds. 8-)

If there were a "Dreaming with Elsa" tie-in, I'd know exactly who knows about this stuff. Elsa probably has a book about it. But since there isn't such a link, I am going with our college student nerd to know the myth. I suppose free-spirit Faith might also know some myths. She seems like the new-age type and also undoubtedly hears all kinds of things as a bartender.

As for knowing the facts, I don't think we know enough yet but the obvious choice is the other apparently non-human character we have met, Azumi. She may be too obvious, set up as a red herring but I wouldn't know who else to suggest.

Doran
Lunch Patron

Post by Doran » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:51 pm

Doran wrote:... If I mixed Jasmine and Emily up with watching the security cameras, my answer changes...
Ok i checked again, both Emily and Jasmine see the tape (next to Brad), so I have no idea now. On the one hand Emily was always meant to be a love interest of Brad and therefore arguably more important in the "reduced" concepts (I know, only a weak point), on the other hand Jasmine is younger and maybe more willing to search the internet and other sources for more fantastical explanations.

I stick with Jasmine for myth knowledge, even if other arguments can speak for Emily just as well.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:04 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:So...Just for my own giggles, and food for thought for everyone else. Two of the Season 1 girls either know a lot about Sere, or will come to know a lot about her by Thursday night. One knows the myth, one knows the facts.

Who is who, and why? GO! :D
What is the definition of a season one girl? Assuming the definition is a girl Brad meets in season one, Serenthia knows the facts about herself. I'll go with Azumi for knowledge of the myth. I'll say she picked up the tales from her "people" when young. As far as Jasmine and the myth, she didn't have any handy tips when they were reviewing the tape* like "I saw this ability in Tobin's Spirit Guide" or similar.

*old speak for video "footage"

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:50 pm

d22249 wrote:What is the definition of a season one girl?
Emily, Faith, Natalie, Azumi, Jasmine.
d22249 wrote: tape*

*old speak for video "footage"
They've graduated to laserdisc. ;) :mrgreen:

NickNKVD

Post by NickNKVD » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Faith knows the myth, because she is a bartender... she listens a lot of stories
Azumi knows the facts, because she also is a "monster" girl
or maybe has little Jasmine some secrets too? :?:

Shepard

Post by Shepard » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:24 pm

My guess? Azumi knows the facts... well, some of them, at least.

And Jasmine probably knows some myths about it. As for the reason she didn't mention it during the whole footage thing? Well, she simply might not believe it, which would make mentioning said knowledge pointless.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:Emily, Faith, Natalie, Azumi, Jasmine.
Fine, we'll do it your way. 8-)

I don't think Emily or Jasmine have direct knowledge (facts). Neither of them recognizes Serenthia in the serveilance video.
Since you said only one of these five knows the facts, that eliminates Natalie, as anything she would know, Azumi would know.
That leaves Faith and Azumi. Azumi would be the obvious choice, but I don't think she moves in those circles.
So, by eliminating all other choices, the remaining choice, however unlikely, must be the answer (paraphrase of the actual literary reference).
Faith is the person who knows the facts. Faith was recruited by Serenthia (or, more likely, Lorien, due to her superior grasp of the English language). She's a bar tender who "watches" people. The Oak Street Bar must be in a strategic location. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Faith told them about Brad, causing Lorien to assign Serenthia to evaluate him. Faith doesn't know that the girl Brad is obsessing over is Serenthia and will be surprised when she finds out. It would be cool if Wolfschadowe uses Faith to transition to season two by using the old sci if action trope "come with me if you want to live".

By using the same type of reasoning, Emily is not the person who learns the myth. She's got too much going on with her break up with Eddie and is using Thursday to either get ready for her date or plan how she's going to get her stuff out of his house.
Natalie and Azumi seem unlikely. It's possible they saw Serenthia in the doorway after the fight with el Lardo and didn't make any comment. This opinion could change if Wolfschadowe ever gets around to finishing episode 6 and some new information comes to light in the Azumi inclusion. :mrgreen: I think Azumi is a plot device that is needed to get Brad to notice that Serenthia is messing with his mind, rather than a major character. Though the sex will probably be awesome. And maybe even survivable.
Since I have made Faith fact girl, myth girl is Jasmine. After seeing the serveilance video get deleted while they were watching it, she remembers reading about something like this in her modern mythology class. A quick trip to the library in the afternoon yields the information she was searching for and gives her an excuse to bug Brad during one of his Thursday night dates.

Doran
Lunch Patron

Post by Doran » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:07 pm

NickNKVD wrote:Faith knows the myth, because she is a bartender... she listens a lot of stories ...
Could be especially possible,if Azumi visited the bar at one point.

It would mean a high risk for her to drink alcohol though, since she has to keep her cover up all the time.

Coming to think of this, we don't even know if Azumi drinks or eats normal food:
As we noticed, she was the only dancer not present at the diner!

My guess would be, that she uses the private dances to feast a bit on the customers, while they have their pleasant blackout.

Which makes me wonder how Serenthia gets her meals... :shock:

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Doran wrote:Which makes me wonder how Serenthia gets her meals... :shock:
Possibilities:
1. She grinds their bones to make her bread.
2. She cooks children in her oven in her house made of candy.
3. Sex game, she drinks cum.
4. With fava beans and a nice chianti.
5. (Your turn)

Doran
Lunch Patron

Post by Doran » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:40 pm

d22249 wrote:Possibilities:
1. She grinds their bones to make her bread.
2. She cooks children in her oven in her house made of candy.
3. Sex game, she drinks cum.
4. With fava beans and a nice chianti.
5. (Your turn)
5. She is a professional bounty hunter, weapon of choice: fangs
6. Lorien and Serenthia have human servants, offering their bodies and work
7. The old storing of human blood trick
8. She offers virgins death through sex :twisted:
9. (to all people let your imagination run wild!^^)