Predictions about the story and thoughts on bonus

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
benedict

Re: Predictions about the story and thoughts on bonus

Post by benedict » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:10 pm

ExLibris wrote: My point is simply that you seem to be assuming an awful lot, without any ingame evidence to support it.
I am. There are a lot of blanks in Emily's history and I'm trying to fill them up with what seems most logical to me.
The breakup doesn't come out of the blue. Brad tells Faith that Emily and Eddie have been having difficulties for some time but Emily wouldn't say more about it.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:12 pm

benedict wrote:True again. And since the game is focused on Emily and not Eddie we're quite likely to never hear his side of the story. What we know is for 5 years they've been doing nothing else than straight up missionary sex and anyone would get bored from that.
We will learn more about this relationship as Emily's storyline continues. Something to keep in mind, just to clarify what we know, and what we don't know, the game is written from Brad's perspective, and Brad isn't omniscient. The top text is written in second person as if narrated, but still should be taken as Brad's observations and thoughts, similar to how the bottom text and image targets are Brad's thoughts and actions. I categorizing talking as an action as well, in this case. Something like the statement about missionary is Brad's observation and assessment, given the information he has on-hand, and those assessments may or may not be accurate to the "reality" of the situation.
benedict wrote:Reasons I don't like Emily:
I actually think this is a good thing. Not that it's Emily, per se, but more that there's enough characterization that you can actually dislike a character for reasons of personality like you describe. Most of those are valid observations based on available information, although you may find some of your assumptions are a little off as more information comes in. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, I'll not go into that. :)

Hopefully you'll find at least one of the ladies to your liking. Just keep in mind, for BEW, first impressions may not stand up to time. ;)

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:17 pm

NickNKVD wrote:It's wonderful that every time I play the game I discover new details
now about Sere's nature [spoiler]Do you had noticed that her pointed ears leak from her hair in the coffee scenes?[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Comment on NickNKVD spoiler"]I try to foreshadow these types of things. What I call "head-slapper" observations that usually will be noticed on replays when the player is "in the know" but missed before that. Kind of the "Oh-Duh! Why did't I see that before?" type thing. :twisted:[/spoiler]

ExLibris
Master Tester / Moderator

Post by ExLibris » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:57 pm

NickNKVD wrote:It's wonderful that every time I play the game I discover new details
now about Sere's nature [spoiler]Do you had noticed that her pointed ears leak from her hair in the coffee scenes?[/spoiler]
Once you start looking, it's really obvious. Makes you wonder how she remains incognito.

NickNKVD

Post by NickNKVD » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:18 pm

ExLibris wrote:
Once you start looking, it's really obvious. Makes you wonder how she remains incognito.
Yeah, but as Wolfschadowe said you start looking only after you "know".
Perhaps even in game people would not have thought that she could be that,[spoiler="about the bonus"]so they didn't know about her ears, and then don't forget that Sere has some magical powers.[/spoiler]

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:28 pm

There's also a concept of "People don't see what they don't expect." going on here, as demonstrated in these two videos. The first one is pretty dry, but the second is kind of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQmdoK_ZfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkrrVozZR2c

[spoiler]Additionally, in today's world, where people are cosplaying, goth folks are having their incisors lengthened by cooperative dentists, how many would think twice at catching a glimpse of her ears, especially in her goth style dressing habit?[/spoiler]

ExLibris

Post by ExLibris » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:39 pm

NickNKVD wrote:
ExLibris wrote:
Yeah, but as Wolfschadowe said you start looking only after you "know".
Perhaps even in game people would not have thought that she could be that,[spoiler="about the bonus"]so they didn't know about her ears, and then don't forget that Sere has some magical powers.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]It does rather suggest that they live apart from humans. Unexpected or not, it's the sort of thing that would eventually be spotted and then you have to do the old Jedi mind trick (which even Azumi draws the line at... most of the time)[/spoiler]

karrek
BEW Tester

Post by karrek » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:42 pm

These are not the ears you're looking for.

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:01 pm

ExLibris wrote:
ut1stgear wrote:So far we have been introduced to five out of eight female characters.
Slight correction, we (not necessarily Brad) have actually been introduced to seven potentially romanceable female characters.
ut1stgear wrote:Three of them have the potential of being long-term, at least in terms of the defined limits of this game, lasting for the entire week.
That raises the question of whether or not Brad is interested in a long-term relationship (or capable of sustaining one)?
Actually, Brad's character, seems to be a Gamer who is somewhat out of practice, two years dry, if you will. He appears to be honing his skills with each of the different women with the end game being bedding them all which would be the ultimate End Game although not necessarily all at the same time, seems a little ambitious even for Brad, but for sure each individually but that remains to be seen So I don't feel Brad is capable of a long-term "romantic relationship" but long-term to me would the women who will probably be those women who keep showing up throughout the week which technically would be a short-term non-romantic relationship based purely on Brad's sexual desire although some of the women seem to have the same short-term relationship in mind. Will Brad end up romantically involved with one or more remains up to Wolshadowe and would of course be the subject of a possible sequel for BEW, "Brad's many Affairs" maybe.

My count is Emily, Faith, Natalie, Azumi and Serenthia through EP1 and EP2. EP3 adds Jasmine which brings my count to six. Not sure who I am missing. Unless yhou count Candy but if I remember correctly she isn't on the circle surrounding Brad on the main screen. But those are all women whom Brad has been introduced to.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:17 pm

So, some information about planned endings, without being too spoilerish.

At the end of the game, for each path, there will be approximately 5-10 "Epilogue" pages that tells what happens next, and depending on the path, gives some info about what happens to others. Think something similar to the end of Animal House, or some similar movies that give a little blurb about what happens to the main characters later.
  1. It is possible to form a lasting relationship with every character in the game except 1. By lasting relationship, I mean one of those lifelong, till they day they die type.
  2. It is not possible to bed every character in a single play-through.
  3. It is not possible to bed more than three women at the same time, and even that is a very rare occurrence
[spoiler="More info on each of the above"]
  1. Don't assume all those lifelong relationships are fairly-tale type. Some may be dark and/or hellish for Brad. Others may be "happily ever after"
  2. On the Canon path, Brad beds two. If all the inclusions get added at some point, three new Achievements will be enabled regarding bedding various combinations in a single playthrough
  3. Threesome's are somewhat more common, but only if a few key women are involved, and not with every character.
[/spoiler]

ExLibris

Post by ExLibris » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 pm

ut1stgear wrote:My count is Emily, Faith, Natalie, Azumi and Serenthia through EP1 and EP2. EP3 adds Jasmine which brings my count to six. Not sure who I am missing. Unless yhou count Candy but if I remember correctly she isn't on the circle surrounding Brad on the main screen. But those are all women whom Brad has been introduced to.
That's why I specifically said we (as in the player) had been introduced to them. [spoiler]The seventh person I'm referring to is Lorien, who appears (on the other end of a phone) during the day 1 bonus scene.[/spoiler]

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:36 pm

ExLibris wrote:
ut1stgear wrote:My count is Emily, Faith, Natalie, Azumi and Serenthia through EP1 and EP2. EP3 adds Jasmine which brings my count to six. Not sure who I am missing. Unless yhou count Candy but if I remember correctly she isn't on the circle surrounding Brad on the main screen. But those are all women whom Brad has been introduced to.
That's why I specifically said we (as in the player) had been introduced to them. [spoiler]The seventh person I'm referring to is Lorien, who appears (on the other end of a phone) during the day 1 bonus scene.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Didn't think of that even though I went through the bonus scene. Will need to go through it again.[/spoiler] Thanks.

Edit: [spoiler]Didn't think of them as female but as a male when I first looked at it. Name could be either gender.[/spoiler]

ExLibris

Post by ExLibris » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:So, some information about planned endings, without being too spoilerish
One thing I'm curious about is how easy it is to lock yourself out of various paths. For example, if you go to the strip club on day 1, do you have no hope of getting on to Emily's corruption path? Or if you go to the bar, have you spoiled your chances with Sere?

ExLibris

Post by ExLibris » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:14 pm

ut1stgear wrote:Edit: [spoiler]Didn't think of them as female but as a male when I first looked at it. Name could be either gender.[/spoiler]
L is referred to as female once during the bonus scene, but if you miss that reference there's no real evidence either way.

However, if you want confirmation...
[spoiler]On Easy difficulty the score line gives you the first initial of all the romanceable characters. And of course, they're all named internally.[/spoiler]

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:38 am

ExLibris wrote:
Wolfschadowe wrote:So, some information about planned endings, without being too spoilerish
One thing I'm curious about is how easy it is to lock yourself out of various paths. For example, if you go to the strip club on day 1, do you have no hope of getting on to Emily's corruption path? Or if you go to the bar, have you spoiled your chances with Sere?
It depends on the paths. Elite paths get locked out very easily. One wrong move will drop a player from the path. Standard paths are a little more forgiving as different branches along similar major paths can still end up on the same paths, And example of this is the Emily Main path. Easy and Alt paths are more forgiving, it's possible to get on the Emily Only path from starting at either the strip club or the bar. You can end up with any love interest no matter where you go on Day 1, given the proper circumstances.

[spoiler]An example is that given certain circumstances, going to the strip club on Wednesday, one could still meet up with Faith on Thursday at the bar. Given other circumstances though, Faith will usually take the day of on Thursdays.[/spoiler]