Voting for future scenes

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
d22249
Insane Patron!

Voting for future scenes

Post by d22249 » Fri May 29, 2015 6:06 pm

While I think it makes sense to keep the next vote on Sharks forums, would it make sense to move the following votes here?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Voting for future scenes

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri May 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Eventually voting will take place in-game, but that won't be ready for the next vote (voting for EP4). I'm undecided at the moment about how to handle the next round. Voting begins one week after release, to give people time to find various endpoints and decide which they'd like to see continued, and will run for two weeks. Based on the results, I'll identify the next content and announce the release date.

ExLibris
Master Tester / Moderator

Post by ExLibris » Sat May 30, 2015 8:31 am

I thought an online poll site of some kind was going to be used for the next vote? It would have the advantage of being forum agnostic (ie. you wouldn't have to be a member of one particular forum to have your vote count).

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Sat May 30, 2015 10:01 am

ExLibris wrote:I thought an online poll site of some kind was going to be used for the next vote?
Yes, the polls will happen in-game from Episode 3 on. Wolfschadowe just forgot that we could pretty much put out a vote in-game at any moment since version 1.2.5+.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:10 am

Nice!

Where will the results be displayed?

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Sat May 30, 2015 12:22 pm

d22249 wrote:Where will the results be displayed?
In-game as well. After you've cast your vote, you will see the current standing of the poll at that specific moment. If you've already cast your vote then only the results will be displayed. Once the poll is closed, the wining episode will be announced both in-game and here on this forum. And patreon. And the lagoon.

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:03 pm

So the vote will become available in the options menu starting next week. After the two week voing period only the results will be displayed in the same menu?

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:55 pm

Hey just a question for someone in the know. There are only a limited number of scenes in this whole game, right? Was just curious because otherwise it could get really frustrating if I keep voting for a path and it never wins :(
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:53 am

There are a limited number of scenes, but also, all scenes have dependencies on earlier content. One path can only get so far ahead before dependencies take it out of the voting rotation for a while.

There's still plenty of time left for a turnaround on the current vote, as we are only a day in to the two week period, and I've seen all three in the lead in the last 24 hours.

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:02 am

I was just checking. Not trying to complain or to sound like I am criticizing the current vote. I’m all for democracy in action and people are going to vote for the path they want the most. Besides I do have more than one save file from all the different paths that I have found, not to mention with what could be insignificant minor alterations but could be total game changing choices. Example, tell Emily about Jasmine’s program, etc etc. So whichever way the vote goes I will have something to play. I was just curious.
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:08 am

Personally, I voted for Opt 2, as I think it's pretty fun. But Opt 1 would be my second choice. Opt 3 won't have a lot of content for this round, as we just met Jasmine, but it has a nice payoff down the road, although most of the best content for Opt 3, is dependent upon Opt 1.

Regardless, the Opt 1 path will get us potentially one vote away from the Season Closer on one path, and Season 2 won't start showing up for vote until at least 3 of the Season 1 branches are closed out, maybe more.