Predictions about the story and thoughts on bonus

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Maurice

They live

Post by Maurice » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:06 am

Without trying to state the obvious. My hypothesis about what will happen to Brad and the girls is: Brad will get laid.

That being said. I am happy to say I haven't got a clue along which lines, and with what backstory the relationship will evolve.
I am looking forward to being surprised.

It might even be that the sex is not the center of gravity in the story, a thing I really liked about the aif-game The Physio.
The aliens (I lack a better word for sentient creatures not from earth), and the yet to be unveiled backstory of the universe the story playes out in, seem to make almost any event happening to brad more plausable. What I love!
(a thing succesfully pulled off in the aifhentaigame aching dreams 2, which had such an outrageous backstory that I judged the exploits of the protagonist in the free part of the game: "yeah, that could happen.")

But I have learned this sofar: Serenthia speaks elvish and is similar to Azumi, who robs Brad of the thing for which orange juice is a substitute (btw what is the name of such a thing?) and has predatory fangs.

It could be that in this universe fantasy-races live unbeknown to us amongst us. It could be one race, it could be multiple. So if Serenthia is an elf and Azumi is a vampire, we can look forward to Riley being a zombie?

This plot reminds me to the plot of the movie They live. So to make a bold statement, i predict (and secretly hope) that at one point in the story Brad will exclaim:

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and tap ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum."

Maurice

Re: Predictions about the story and thoughts on bonus

Post by Maurice » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:19 am

ExLibris wrote:
d22249 wrote:Jasmine's crush on Brad seems obvious enough. She changed how she dresses around him, let's him have a nice look down her top and wiggles her ass in his face. Then she sits on the desk with her crotch in his face.
I agree that Jasmine having a crush on Brad is a plausible explanation for her behaviour. However, I don't read as much into the fact that she shows off for Brad because that's something that's true of nearly every female character in the game. Personally, I find Brad's ogling of Jasmine a bit awkward given that they're discussing her being sexually harassed by a different older man. I'd also describe Jasmine as selfish and overconfident, so 'teenager' covers all the bases. Oh, and she's pretty devious as well (eg. blackmailing her professor, or 'testing' her app by using it to spy on Emily even though that's not its intended purpose).
Have you considered Jasmine being a bit of a Polyanna?

Whenever something (bad) happens she seems to be looking for the upside of things.

"Professor sexually harassing me? Thats bad. But wait. Now I can be happy about me getting an A without having to study (the boring class) anymore."

"I need to test my spyingapplication. Now I can be happy to liven this place up a bit."

d22249
Insane Patron!

Re: They live

Post by d22249 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:25 am

Maurice wrote:"I have come here to chew bubblegum and tap ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum."
Thank you Maurice! I actually laughed out loud.

That is the perfect opening line for day 8!

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Sebastian wrote: The swallow-not swallow thing could simple be that we do things drunk/messed up that we wouldn’t normally do sober.
To throw out a bone here, and maybe give some insight to my thought process on continuity, which may help in better understanding everyone. In either case, it's the first time Emily ever had anyone cum in her mouth, which to her has a huge "ick" factor, mainly from inexperience. The puking is all in her head, so in the Bar, Faith distracts her from thinking about it too much by kissing her, and Emily has time to realize that maybe it's not so bad. This is also evidenced by the facial she gets in the bathroom, (another first for her) and after a taste says something like "Hmm, not as bad as I thought."
Maurice wrote:It might even be that the sex is not the center of gravity in the story...
It's not. That's why the game isn't called Brad's Sex Filled Week. :) Sex happens, sure, and the more the better, in my opinion. BUT, the sex is not the focus. It should support the story, and the story should support the sex. One without the other, in this case, is shallow and uninteresting, but when in doubt, I err on the side of story instead of the side of sex. It is possible to finish the entire week without having sex at all, but still retaining a fair amount of foreplay and eroticism.

By the way, I'm loving this discussion. It helps me tune the characters and it's interesting to see everyone's take on them. I'm not saying much here because I don't want to taint the conversation or experience too much. :D

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:44 am

Sebastian wrote:First off we have to remember that all of our thoughts and theories are all based off of 1st or in Emily's case 2nd impressions. We have only seen all of these characters once or twice in Emily’s case. Too soon in my opinion to have a firm grasp on anyone’s psyche. However in the spirit of wild theory’s let me throw my two cents in.
Wild theories are all we have at this time. ;)
Sebastion wrote:I don’t think of Azumi's powers as mind control. She seems more empathic to me than controlling anything other than our emotions.
The two times Brad had a private dance with Azumi he passed out and couldn't remember what happened. At other times, Brad became both very aroused by Azumi and very afraid. IIRC both of those emotions then stopped as if a switch was turned off. I suppose that part of her power could be scent based but I think she has a bit of mind control as well. Plus fangs. And angry red eyes. And sometimes she seems like she can't remember the "monster Azumi".
Sebastion wrote: I would agree to a certain extent that Natalie is damaged but she is obviously healing at least a little because she is able to work with Azumi again. She also still seems to have a little feeling for Azumi left because of what happens on the stage and the fact that the “spot” still works for Azumi.
I agree that she has healed and is quite functional. I also think she is hurting, perhaps more than even she thinks. I'm curious to see where her corruption path leads. I agree that she still has feelings for Azumi and wonder if Azumi is addictive.
Sebastion wrote:Faith is not clingy, she is complicated.
I agree with the second part and want to be wrong about the first part but can't shake the hunch. Let's say Brad focuses on the free spirit (I also agree with that assessment) Faith on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. He then decides he really wants to tap some elf ass (and he's out of bubblegum). So he ditches Faith. Does she come to his work and follow him around or does she say so long and thanks for all the semen? Wolfshadowe has told us we learn a lot more about Faith Thursday night. Can't wait!
Sebastion wrote:Emily unfortunately strikes me as both an inexperienced woman as well as a tease. The swallow/not swallow thing could simple be that we do things drunk/messed up that we wouldn’t normally do sober. The flashing panties thing is the tease part I’m talking about. She was engaged at the time yet she flashes her panties at another man. I don’t like Emily just for that reason. Cheating is not just a physical act and by doing that to with Brad she is cheating on her fiancé. Once a cheater always a cheater.
High maintenance is not necessarily a bad thing and I'm not backing off on that one. I agree she is a tease. She's inexperienced at oral but she had a five year relationship so she probably got mission practice regularly. We don't know much about her fiancé so it's hard to assign blame but it is likely both of them contributed to the breakup. One thing that seems to be clear is that she is very good at her job. And let's not forget that this story is wrapped around a supernatural murder mystery.
Sebastion wrote:Not saying you two are wrong and I’m right, just wanted to throw another perspective out there.
The more the merrier.

ExLibris
Master Tester / Moderator

Post by ExLibris » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:02 am

Maurice wrote:Have you considered Jasmine being a bit of a Polyanna?
I just don't get that kind of vibe from her to be honest, although that could just be my biases. She's certainly positive when good things happen to her, but she seems to be less worried about other people.
Maurice wrote:Whenever something (bad) happens she seems to be looking for the upside of things.

"Professor sexually harassing me? Thats bad. But wait. Now I can be happy about me getting an A without having to study (the boring class) anymore."
The thing is, nothing that bad happened to Jasmine. She was tipped off beforehand, so she was never in a position of actual vulnerability. Unlike the professor's other victims, who no one spares much sympathy for. Their harassment does at least end, but they have to go back to working in class and being taught by the man who took advantage of them because it's more convenient to Jasmine to wait until the end of term to expose him. Even Jasmine says "I know it's selfish".
Maurice wrote:"I need to test my spyingapplication. Now I can be happy to liven this place up a bit."
Jasmine's app is supposedly a security application, so there's no reason to 'test' whether or not Emily notices her webcam turning on by itself. The test would make sense if Jasmine's app was intended for employee monitoring (and it is very similar to RL employee monitoring software), but as it is it's being done solely as a 'prank'. And not a very good prank on the face of it, although for some reason both Brad and Jasmine think they'll get something more interesting than Emily just sitting at her desk...

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:18 am

ExLibris wrote:I agree that Jasmine having a crush on Brad is a plausible explanation for her behaviour. However, I don't read as much into the fact that she shows off for Brad because that's something that's true of nearly every female character in the game.
The fact that every female in this game suddenly has the hots for Brad makes me wonder if he was walking in a cornfield (Iowa) when a meteor hit nearby. About three weeks ago.
ExLibris wrote:Personally, I find Brad's ogling of Jasmine a bit awkward given that they're discussing her being sexually harassed by a different older man.
I wonder if the subtext of that conversation was "Hey old(er) man that I have a crush on, other old men find me sexually attractive.
ExLibris wrote:Oh, and she's pretty devious as well (eg. blackmailing her professor, or 'testing' her app by using it to spy on Emily even though that's not its intended purpose).
She is devious. I think it would be a mistake for Brad to bang her, but I am planning on having fun with that potential train wreck if it ever happens. Too bad her inclusion is unlikely.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:41 am

To address the thread title, so far the story has been more erotic than adventure. I think that will continue on Thursday. Brad, Emily and Jasmine get the tape of the murder on Friday and that is when I think the adventure gets started. Serenthia is involved somehow, and so far she seems to be on the side of "good", though there are hints that [spoiler]her ops have significant collateral damage, especially to security guards[/spoiler] Two of the characters seem to have supernatural powers and I think Brad does as well [spoiler]because he sees Serenthia when she is trying to hide when he uses the bathroom on Thursday[/spoiler] Brad also has some serious protagonist sexy vibes that all of the women around him are digging. He does ogle them pretty hard and they seem to be lapping it up. While he may be able to go the whole week w/o major action, I think that with a bit of trying he can get laid a lot, with multiple partners. Whether or not that is a good idea remains to be seen. It is possible that we have met the killer. [spoiler]While Azumi is the obvious choice, Jasmine is a suspect as well (to me)[/spoiler].

ExLibris

Post by ExLibris » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:09 am

d22249 wrote:We don't know much about her fiancé so it's hard to assign blame but it is likely both of them contributed to the breakup.
Well, let's see what we can work out (or wildly speculate) from what we have been told about Eddie and Emily.

Eddie and Emily were together for five years and were engaged for at least three (they were already engaged when Brad met Emily)
They've been having problems 'lately', which Brad is somehow aware of even though Emily won't talk about it. Alternatively (as Brad tells Faith) Emily has been having trouble with Eddie.
The actual breakup doesn't seem to have been precipitated by a particular event (Emily about what happened: "I don't know. We were about to go out and he decided to go alone.")
"Then he started yelling at me about how much I work, and that I am never there for him. Then he said I wasn't adventurous and that he was bored with me. Five years invested in that asshole and he just dumps me out of the blue."
Speaking of unadventurous: Emily has "never even gone to the bathroom at home while Eddie was in with me" but "maybe if he was more accepting of things, it would have been different". As it was Emily "forgot what it feels like to be desired"
And most damning of all [spoiler]Eddie has a small penis[/spoiler]

Speculation, go!

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:51 pm

So far we have been introduced to five out of eight female characters. Three of them have the potential of being long-term, at least in terms of the defined limits of this game, lasting for the entire week. Emily, Faith and Serenthia would those three. Which character will be the tease. That's an interesting question. Will Brad have his way with all the main female characters? Another interesting question. I think Serenthia has the greatest potential to be the answer to both questions, at least as far as the game has progressed. But she is not a tease as it pertains to her actual character but as it refers to the story line so far. The bonus scene seems to imply she had ulterior motives in pursuing Brad however. Those motives are not clear at this point. Is she a spy or as another poster on another forum implies a fairie? Who knows at this point. I think that Wolfshadowe will give us the ultimate tease, the one that leaves us both fulfilled and disappointed at the same time, keeps us wanting to come back for more. At least I hope he does. Not to change anything you have done or are going to do Wolfshadowe.

NickNKVD

Post by NickNKVD » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:32 pm

ExLibris wrote:
Well, let's see what we can work out (or wildly speculate) from what we have been told about Eddie and Emily.

Eddie and Emily were together for five years and were engaged for at least three (they were already engaged when Brad met Emily)
They've been having problems 'lately', which Brad is somehow aware of even though Emily won't talk about it. Alternatively (as Brad tells Faith) Emily has been having trouble with Eddie.
The actual breakup doesn't seem to have been precipitated by a particular event (Emily about what happened: "I don't know. We were about to go out and he decided to go alone.")
"Then he started yelling at me about how much I work, and that I am never there for him. Then he said I wasn't adventurous and that he was bored with me. Five years invested in that asshole and he just dumps me out of the blue."
Speaking of unadventurous: Emily has "never even gone to the bathroom at home while Eddie was in with me" but "maybe if he was more accepting of things, it would have been different". As it was Emily "forgot what it feels like to be desired"
And most damning of all [spoiler]Eddie has a small penis[/spoiler]

Speculation, go!
Poor Eddie :( for the spoiler
It would be interesting to meet him in the game, maybe only if Brad and Emily begin a relationship and he learns that his ex has become more adventurous.
In Emily's corruption path [spoiler]Eddie could catch them while she pees outdoors in public.[/spoiler]
Do you think there will be major male characters? For now, except Brad, men are only figurants.

ExLibris

Post by ExLibris » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:52 pm

ut1stgear wrote:So far we have been introduced to five out of eight female characters.
Slight correction, we (not necessarily Brad) have actually been introduced to seven potentially romanceable female characters.
ut1stgear wrote:Three of them have the potential of being long-term, at least in terms of the defined limits of this game, lasting for the entire week.
That raises the question of whether or not Brad is interested in a long-term relationship (or capable of sustaining one)?

ExLibris

Post by ExLibris » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:27 pm

d22249 wrote:
ExLibris wrote:Personally, I find Brad's ogling of Jasmine a bit awkward given that they're discussing her being sexually harassed by a different older man.
I wonder if the subtext of that conversation was "Hey old(er) man that I have a crush on, other old men find me sexually attractive.
But the next sentence is "So I blackmailed him!", which makes it something of a mixed message :?

ExLibris

Post by ExLibris » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:00 pm

d22249 wrote: Serenthia is involved somehow, and so far she seems to be on the side of "good"
I'm curious about why you think Serenthia is on the side of "good". All we know at the moment is that three security guards and an executive were killed at Thompson Tower.

[spoiler]The demo heavily implies that Serenthia is responsible for the deaths of the guards, and outright says that if she was she wouldn't feel any remorse for it. Occam's razor would say that she's also responsible for the death of the executive as well, but there's enough uncertainty left that that might not be true. Also, Sere is stalking/assessing Brad, something that involves exposing both him and Emily to potential danger (whether from her organisation or someone else is unclear). To be fair, she does actually have some reservations about that.[/spoiler]

All in all, Sere seems to me like an 'ends justify the means' kind of person, which isn't exactly a "good" characteristic.
d22249 wrote:It is possible that we have met the killer. [spoiler]While Azumi is the obvious choice, Jasmine is a suspect as well (to me)[/spoiler]
I'm really curious about how you came up with your suspects. If I had to guess I'd say that the executive was killed by someone unconnected with Brad, but connected with Sere's organisation.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:26 am

ExLibris wrote:That raises the question of whether or not Brad is interested in a long-term relationship (or capable of sustaining one)?
We control Brad to the extent that Wolfschadowe allows us and I think there will be many possibilities for Brad to end up in a long term relationship and just as many (or more) ways to either end up in the friend zone, as the creepy guy or dead.