Favorite girl

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
kexter
Developer / Moderator

Re: Favorite girl

Post by kexter » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:29 pm

I like the waitress at Faith's bar. Especially when she's hating on Brad. Oh and when she's ███████ ███ ████ ███ ██ Emily's ██████ while Brad ███ █████ ████ ██ - priceless.

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:02 am

kexter wrote:Oh and when she's ███████ ███ ████ ███ ██ Emily's ██████ while Brad ███ █████ ████ ██ - priceless.

WTF why is half of the above response black boxed out?
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:01 am

Sebastian wrote:WTF why is half of the above response black boxed out?
Redacted. Referring to content not yet available.

Dizzy

Post by Dizzy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm not sure who my favorite yet but just after playing episode 3 I seem to be swaying towards Jasmine. But after having a rerun of the other episodes I am very intrigued about Azumi... (Azumi spoiler below)[spoiler]and the fact she is a vampire??[/spoiler]

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Apologies to Dizzy for the Moderation Queue. That was unintended. Congratulations to being the first Blue to post on the forum. :D Also means you stumbled across a permissions configuration error. If anyone else gets a mod queue message, please have patience as we shake the wrinkles out of the new forum!

Back on topic, I'm glad to see such a diversity among all the characters as a favorite. That tells me I'm probably getting them right. Every love interest, or potential love interest has been mentioned at least once. At least the ones who are actually romanceable at this point in the game.

ExLibris
Master Tester / Moderator

Post by ExLibris » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:38 am

I think Jasmine has the advantage of having received the most direct characterisation. Her scene in Episode 3 is an exploration of her personality and attitudes that goes beyond just her interactions with Brad, and as a result she's the most clearly defined NPC in the game so far (imho).

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:03 am

ExLibris wrote:I think Jasmine has the advantage of having received the most direct characterisation. Her scene in Episode 3 is an exploration of her personality and attitudes that goes beyond just her interactions with Brad, and as a result she's the most clearly defined NPC in the game so far (imho).
I would agree with that. I would also say, that of those that are in story-lines at this point, Faith is probably the least defined. That does resolve itself very quickly on some of the Thursday night paths though.
Jasmine doesn't have much screen time in Season 1, especially without an Inclusion vote, so characterization did have to happen quickly with her.

NickNKVD

Post by NickNKVD » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:51 pm

So far my favorite is Natalie, but Jasmine gave me a good impression too.

ExLibris
Master Tester / Moderator

Post by ExLibris » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:09 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:I would also say, that of those that are in story-lines at this point, Faith is probably the least defined.
I can see what you mean, but when I tried to write brief character sketches of all the NPCs so far it was actually Natalie that I had the most trouble with. She has one very strong personality trait, but I had problems discerning anything definite beyond that.

Brad has similarly limited interactions with both Faith and Natalie, but Faith's characterisation is aided by the fact that Emily is also present, which gives Faith someone else to play off of. It also creates a contrast in personalities between her and Emily which defines Faith more clearly (although I might be reading too much into that). None of Faith's traits are anywhere near as definite as Natalie's, but there's more of them so I felt like I had a broader understanding of Faith's character.

There's also a much greater element of 'performance' to Natalie's interactions with Brad (he is paying her to entertain him after all), which makes it more difficult to judge her real personality. For example, when Candy asks if Natalie can cover the bar for her, she's initially reluctant because she's with a regular but is mollified when Brad promises to pay for a private dance. Is that because Natalie is mercenary (which would be fair enough given that she has to support herself), or is it because she genuinely wants to spend time with Brad? I would guess the latter, but if so I can only imagine her disappointment when he uses that time to talk about some other girl.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:39 pm

I won't go into much detail in this section of the forum, but I expect Natalie and Faith may end up being the more complicated characters. I'm kind of afraid that I have too much of Faith in the overall game, but it's kind of what her story demands. As for Natalie...Yeah, she's hard to read at this point, but when you think about the backstory that we know about her already. Well, if she can tame someone like her Ex-Girlfriend, and be somewhat dominant in that relationship, maybe the "mercenary" description is somewhere in the ballpark.

Maurice

Azumi

Post by Maurice » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:42 am

My favourite girl would be Azumi.

Emily is nice, but she is sooooo in the friendzone.

I also like Faith, especially, when I give the answers I pretend I (by which I mean myself in stead of Brad) would give in the situation. But when I'm exploring more content with Faith she makes me feel a Jerk (in particular towards Emily, maybe Emily is a bit too nice)

Natalie acts unprofessional and gets in trouble for it, that's kind of a turn off. When this happens you are partially to blame, but still.

Azumi on the other hand, she seduces you, delivers on her promise without breaking the rules (now that seems like a stripper acting professional to me) and actually shows a sweet side when you can't keep up with her.

Jasmine will come as a close second. You might have been working with her for nine months, but she is so young and perky. She could definitely escape the friendzone. Also, I don't like tatoos. But in this case it seems to create an attractive imperfection to me. In addition her character has about the right amount of polyanna sofar (an open and positive view on the world around her) and I have a soft spot for Galateas.

I don't know a lot about Serenthia yet, but the bonus scene makes her look really attractive.

And lets not forget about Candy. I could definitely fall for the girl that is also a buddy/wingwoman.

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:00 pm

I'm actually caught between Azumi and Serenthia but lean toward Serenthia because she a lot of mystery and intrigue surrounding her that will probably play out through the entire week of Brad's life. So far all of the main female characters, with the exception of Serenthia, have displayed at least some of their goods. Serenthia is still the stuff of your imagination. It would appear that Azumi is going to, in the end, play a minor part in Brad's life, not much more than a one-night stand. If I were to base my favorite on asthetics only then Jasmine would win hands down based on the downblouse.

Skynarr

Post by Skynarr » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:56 pm

Jasmine, for sure.

Though I like Faith as well.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Maurice wrote:My favourite girl would be Azumi.

Azumi on the other hand, she seduces you, delivers on her promise without breaking the rules (now that seems like a stripper acting professional to me) and actually shows a sweet side when you can't keep up with her.
The stip club probably doesn't have rules for some of the things Azumi does...
Still, I agree. She is very sweet when she tells Brad to get some orange juice and looks VERY innocent after his pleasant lap dance with her (when he wakes up). She clearly cares about Natalie but is willing to let Natalie move on from their relationship. She is also very protective of Natalie. I like Azumi more the more I learn about her.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:58 pm

d22249 wrote:I like Azumi more the more I learn about her.
Just. don't. piss. her. off. :P

Of course that statement goes for more than just Azumi. ;)