World Got a Little Bigger

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
kanaheik

World Got a Little Bigger

Post by kanaheik » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 pm

I remember first finding this game on a random adult games site, because I'm fond of dating sims, and this one had all sorts of rave reviews about the story, characters, gameplay, all the great things we've come to know and love. I want to say shortly before episode 5 came out, somewhere around there? Anywho, I found the entire experience to be genuine, in the sense that the characters actually acted like people, instead of prizes to be won, or doors you just need the right combination to unlock. Sometimes saying the "right" thing would get what you wanted, but the "wrong" thing would lead you to an even more interesting place, but it all depended on how you wanted to treat the people around you. What you actually wanted from them.
With this latest episode, everything seemed to grow, or become greater than it was. There has long been hints that Serenthia is not someone Brad should be so fascinated with, though there are other reasons beyond simple attraction, but now it's coming to light others in this universe may also have reason to be wary of her. Maybe not, but "they" can mean so many things, depending on who is saying it.
Then I think of what has been said from the very beginning, that getting the "best" ending isn't always the way you want to go, coming back to people being, and acting, like people. Emily and Faith, Azumi and Natalie, Jasmine, even Serenthia who we know so little about, what happens next? All of them have an agenda, their own wants and needs. Having a threesome sounds great, and it is, but what happens after, when the adrenaline dies down, and you deal with the reality of your situation? A co-worker, an intern, a friend, a lesbian who likes you, but almost certainly doesn't love you (strong maybe, yes), and there are consequences to everything.
I may be babbling a bit, and I'm trying to avoid spoiler territory, so I'll just say I love this game, and literally spent 20 hours after the last episode came out trying to get, not the best route, but what I wanted to happen, and I'm doubting my choices every step of the way. Good Gaia, the writing continue to improve, the graphics keep getting better, and the staggering amount of choices and paths are what I would expect from a AAA game selling for $50, not something a small team are doing as a "hobby."

TLDR; Love the game, think it's awesome, and a lot more world building and character development going on.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: World Got a Little Bigger

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Welcome to the forum Kanaheik! And thank you so much for your kind words. You've described exactly the type of game that I wanted to create, and the type of experience that I want players to have. Thank you for playing, and also for sharing your experience.

FelixKJ

Post by FelixKJ » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:05 pm

I want to agree with this post, but I can't. And the reason why I disagree is simple: the game is not complete. Right now the path without instant sex leads to a "Continue in future episodes""

So at the moment the main goal, because is the only goal available, is to reach the sex scenes in the first dates, also this path are the most challenging ones.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:28 pm

FelixKJ wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:05 pm
I want to agree with this post, but I can't. And the reason why I disagree is simple: the game is not complete. Right now the path without instant sex leads to a "Continue in future episodes""

So at the moment the main goal, because is the only goal available, is to reach the sex scenes in the first dates, also this path are the most challenging ones.
The game will not be "complete" for a period of years. It is an ever-growing, ever-expanding look at one week in the life of the main character and some people around him. If your main goal at this time is to reach the sex scenes in the shortest, quickest way possible, that is fine. You should enjoy the game in whatever way makes you happy. Others find happiness in laying the groundwork for greater success later on. Either way is fine. Just have fun with it however you wish.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:07 pm

FelixKJ wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:05 pm

At the risk of sounding [at worst] twee or facile or [at best] like some eastern mystic, this game is like life: it evolves over time and not all choices are available when you want them to be. However, what is there is enough to make you want to come back and try again as the story unfolds.