Achievements

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Jackal69

Re: Achievements

Post by Jackal69 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:54 pm

[I am almost at the same spot & clueless on how to finish those three parts off. At least you have one more point on dedicated worker and working boy than I do. I am missing two in dedicated worker and two in working boy so you have figured two more spots than me but I am lost on how to finish those. A hint to at least where to look would be great ]

Thank Gosh. I am at 8/10 for Office Romance, 8/9 for Dedicated Worker, and 25/26 for Working Boy and for the life of me I can't figure out where I am missing anything. Im sure it will all come down to one action/ending but I have effectively giving up.[/quote]

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:56 pm

Hover the mouse over the achievement bar for clues. New feature of 1.6.x

Gary1219
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Gary1219 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:09 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:Hover the mouse over the achievement bar for clues. New feature of 1.6.x
Considering the complexity of some of the achievements, this Officially Authorized Cheat Tool is the best thing since peanut butter (not peanut butter and chocolate, though).
No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection ready unit has ever passed combat. -- Sgt. Murphy

Siphon

Post by Siphon » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:12 am

Is it possible to erase your achievements? I wanna start fresh again, but I can't figure out how to make them go away.

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:15 am

Siphon wrote:Is it possible to erase your achievements? I wanna start fresh again, but I can't figure out how to make them go away.
I can think of two ways. #1 Delete the game on you computer and re download it from the site but don’t turn on the online part. #2 Debug mode allows you to erase your achievements
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

Siphon

Post by Siphon » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:26 am

Sebastian wrote:I can think of two ways. #1 Delete the game on you computer and re download it from the site but don’t turn on the online part. #2 Debug mode allows you to erase your achievements
How do you activate Debug mode anyways? Can't find anything about it on the forums.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:51 am

Another easy way is to start a new copy of the game in an alternate browser. Chrome, Firefox or Edge are decent alternatives. I did it with Edge because I didn't want to lose my progress in Chrome.

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:18 pm

I would try JFR’s recommendation first. I never thought about a separate browser but that should work as well as long as you don’t import achievements.

I know Deus has a walkthrough somewhere on the web that list all the ways you can get endings/achievements up to episode 5. He has stated that he isn’t completely updating it for episode 6 because it’s just getting too complicated to list everything. However it should help you get all of the Episode 5 achievements. Incidentally it also has a part about how to enable Debug Mode, just be careful doing that. If you mess around in there you can screw up your game and saves.
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:24 pm

JFR wrote:Another easy way is to start a new copy of the game in an alternate browser.
Alternatively, log off of the forum, then do a full browser cache cleaning, including cookies and all. Everything is stored in browser cache, cookies (for older browsers) and datastore.
Sebastian wrote:Incidentally it also has a part about how to enable Debug Mode, just be careful doing that.
There's an easier way that doesn't involve editing files. :D

Gorthindrel

Post by Gorthindrel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 am

I'm amazed that no one but me seems to have a hard time getting the Early ending, bad, Faith date in Drunkard. I don't know if my reasoning would be considered spoiling or not but to be on the safe side..

[spoiler]I reckon I'm completely off, but I either get the no Faith date end or I won't be able to trigger the bad early ending. My conclusion was that since a score of 19 or less made Faith call Brad a creep and no date, the score would be higher, but when the score is 20 or above she sits down to watch, at which point I can't trigger the bad early ending, only good or positive terms or Faith scares Emily away.[/spoiler]
What am I missing?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:53 am

There are several ways to reach that ending. One of the easier might be:

[spoiler]Follow Emily into the bathroom, overstay your welcome, and still land a date with Faith.[/spoiler]

Gorthindrel

Post by Gorthindrel » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:56 am

Thanks, that did the trick, though I'm not sure I'd call that an early ending. :-) Was a bit mislead by that.

dirtyoar

Post by dirtyoar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:17 pm

My computer died on me a few months ago and, after the latest update, I started all over. I FINALLY got both bonus scenes again! However, I'm still missing a few things that I cannot for the life of me figure out. The first is Dedicated Worker - You Went Straight Home. Cannot seem to trigger this no matter what I try. And then there's Working Boy. Hovering over it tells me I have 24/26. However, 0nly 13 hints appear and I've completed all of them. Am I supposed to hit a button or something to see the other half? Any help would be appreciated.

heymoa

Post by heymoa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi, trying to get on the Emily corruption path but cant seem to get her to 38 in the bar only 37. I have followed the walk through but cant seem to find the missing point.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:19 pm

heymoa wrote:Hi, trying to get on the Emily corruption path but cant seem to get her to 38 in the bar only 37. I have followed the walk through but cant seem to find the missing point.
If you are following the walk-thru, maybe the missing point is earlier. How many Emily points do you have when you finish up at the office that day before going to the bar? Should be 10.