Achievements

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Re: Achievements

Post by Sebastian » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:41 am

JFR wrote:That (or something like it) looks great!

If we were talking about a few achievements here and there it wouldn't really matter but with dozens in the mix, having that info will be a "game changer." (pun intended) I recall that when I was still working to find them all I spent probably a dozen or more replays looking for one last achievement I thought I was missing, only to find I actually had it and was missing something else. That was frustrating to say the least. :(
See and that's where I find myself. I know I'm missing a few but I have been keeping notes and the ones that I thought might be the one were not it. At this point it has to be one that I thought I got but somehow didn't. Driving me freaking A nuts :twisted:
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

NickNKVD

Post by NickNKVD » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:13 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
JFR wrote:But the other question is, if someone is now 8/9, will the next update include some way for him to figure out just what is missing?
Yes. See spoiler for an example. (Preview...Not final and may change)

Achievement Status:
spoiler: show
This is a great addition, thank you :D

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:59 am

I don’t think the new system helps. I realize it’s only a hint but I look at what it says I need to do to get the achievement and I swear I have done all that. Obviously I haven’t but I can’t look at the list and say oh shit I didn’t do that. I look at it and pull my hair out in frustration because I swear that I have done everything on the list and yet something on it I only think I did. It is still just as frustrating as it was. The longer this game gets the worse its going to be too. I have trouble remembering what I did last week let alone a year ago. FML It would have been better if the boxes were filled in after you completed an action, as it is now it reads as here are the 26 things you need to do to accomplish an achievement but you have no way to tell what you have done on that list and what you haven’t.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:22 am

Sebastian wrote:I don’t think the new system helps. I realize it’s only a hint but I look at what it says I need to do to get the achievement and I swear I have done all that. Obviously I haven’t but I can’t look at the list and say oh shit I didn’t do that. I look at it and pull my hair out in frustration because I swear that I have done everything on the list and yet something on it I only think I did. It is still just as frustrating as it was. The longer this game gets the worse its going to be too. I have trouble remembering what I did last week let alone a year ago. FML It would have been better if the boxes were filled in after you completed an action, as it is now it reads as here are the 26 things you need to do to accomplish an achievement but you have no way to tell what you have done on that list and what you haven’t.
I actually agree with you, although I am finding the new feature to be helpful. It doesn't help much in figuring out where to go next but does help in "checking the box" when you stumble across one and in looking for what is next. I would like to see more achievement flags pop-up - or some other clue - when you find one but understand that only happens when you fill and complete a major achievement.

Edit: After rambling on about my thoughts on this I realized it should probably be posted in the patron forum. If you want to follow me over to "Lunch/Dinner," I will finish my diatribe.

For those who are not patrons, don't worry. There is nothing there about playing the new episode. Just some blathering on about likes and dislikes. Rather the sort of thing we do in the patron forums. :lol:

MarvinJ

Post by MarvinJ » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Just started playing Ep 6, but cant find the post that explained what was going to be in it.
Where should I be resuming from to get into the new content?
I have saved games from various different points in prev eps but haven't found anything 'new' yet, albeit some of the office scenes with Jasmine where we discuss the prof and the footage look subtly different. (and great by the way!)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:30 pm

MarvinJ wrote:... Where should I be resuming from to get into the new content? ...
If you: [spoiler]have a save-game from the end of the Thursday Office scene where you and Emily agree to go out to dinner and a movie later that night, that will get you into the new content at her apartment. If you did like I did at first and ignored the seemingly boring (?) movie date path, you will need to go back into the work day and get to that point. :lol:

Likewise, if you have a save from the Natalie Corruption path where you agreed to call Azumi before your date Thursday night with Natalie to discuss the possibility of a 3-way, that will get you into the new Azumi/Campus scene. It should be at or near the point in Brad's bedroom after work on Thursday where he is changing clothes for the date. He has the choice to call Azumi or not. If you don't have that save, you will have to go back to the strip club, go to the couch, meet Azumi and find your way to her offering help and asking you to call her.[/spoiler]

As an aside, Wolf mentioned in another thread that the Azumi/Campus scene was written by game creator tlaero. She did her usual wonderful job, creating a nice exposition into one of the major characters that we hadn't yet seen. There is more reason to like someone we might have had doubts about. A very nice bit of writing.

MarvinJ

Post by MarvinJ » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:41 pm

Thanks JFR, yes it looks like I did ignore the 'boring path'. Still it's always good to replay a few scenes to get onto the correct branch :)

ut1stgear
Dinner Patron

Post by ut1stgear » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:01 pm

I did get to play the beta for about a day before it was released. I had the corruption path for Natalie and a save game ready to meet Azumi.I kept getting stuck at two places and thought I had missed something. When the release came out I found te same two sticking places but found out the action available lead to a future release. I also obtained two achievements along the way. Now I need to go back and find the Emily date path which I don't think I have a save game for. Might still have some work to do for the campus path.

Yes the campus path is well written but so far a little disappointing in that it seems to only lead to future episodes but haven't tried all options yet.

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:21 pm

ut1stgear wrote:I did get to play the beta for about a day before it was released. I had the corruption path for Natalie and a save game ready to meet Azumi.I kept getting stuck at two places and thought I had missed something. When the release came out I found te same two sticking places but found out the action available lead to a future release. I also obtained two achievements along the way. Now I need to go back and find the Emily date path which I don't think I have a save game for. Might still have some work to do for the campus path.

Yes the campus path is well written but so far a little disappointing in that it seems to only lead to future episodes but haven't tried all options yet.
Don't get excited. Its his usual stellar writing but both paths are just there for future episodes. No sexual encounters. Maybe some light foreplay with clothes on depending on the choices you make.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:59 pm

Sebastian wrote:... Don't get excited. Its his usual stellar writing but both paths are just there for future episodes. No sexual encounters. Maybe some light foreplay with clothes on depending on the choices you make.
Yup. If there are complaints forthcoming from players it will likely be about the lack of sexual content in this episode. There is story-line advancement and a lot of hooks to future scenes but the erotic content is pretty tame. If this were a normal 2-3 month release, it probably wouldn't matter but after waiting 9 months, I can only imagine what some of the impatient will be saying. Wolf has said all along that this is primarily a story-driven project and might not make the meet-fuck crowd completely happy at times. I am pretty happy with the story so far and the sex in episodes 4/5 was pretty extensive so I can see the need to slow down and make sure everything comes together properly. With the episode swap made to avoid another delay, we will have to wait a bit longer to get some of the characters together in fun ways. ;)

Prepare the popcorn.

Reanimate

Post by Reanimate » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:05 am

So I've just unlocked the Wednesday Bonus scene, but I can't seem to unlock Demo Master? I've unlocked all the achievements for Wednesday, but I'm struggling with Office Romance (8/10), Dedicated Worker (5/9) & Working Boy (22/26). I'm assuming I have to get those achievements to unlock Demo Master, but I've tried everything I can think of and can't achieve the affromentioned 3? It's getting really frustrating. (Also haven't downloaded Ep 6 yet, I want to get those 3 achievements before I download it).

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Reanimate wrote:So I've just unlocked the Wednesday Bonus scene, but I can't seem to unlock Demo Master? I've unlocked all the achievements for Wednesday, but I'm struggling with Office Romance (8/10), Dedicated Worker (5/9) & Working Boy (22/26). I'm assuming I have to get those achievements to unlock Demo Master, but I've tried everything I can think of and can't achieve the affromentioned 3? It's getting really frustrating. (Also haven't downloaded Ep 6 yet, I want to get those 3 achievements before I download it).
Shouldn't have to do those 3 for Demo Master. Demo Master was a achievement for just the demo/episode 1 content. Office Romance, Dedicated Worker, and Working Man are Thursday achievements and shouldnt have anything to do with the Demo release.

As far as downloading Episode 6 it doesn't add any requirements to the above mentioned achievements. It does however add a whole bunch of new achievements to Thursday.

Reanimate

Post by Reanimate » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:06 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Reanimate wrote:So I've just unlocked the Wednesday Bonus scene, but I can't seem to unlock Demo Master? I've unlocked all the achievements for Wednesday, but I'm struggling with Office Romance (8/10), Dedicated Worker (5/9) & Working Boy (22/26). I'm assuming I have to get those achievements to unlock Demo Master, but I've tried everything I can think of and can't achieve the affromentioned 3? It's getting really frustrating. (Also haven't downloaded Ep 6 yet, I want to get those 3 achievements before I download it).
Shouldn't have to do those 3 for Demo Master. Demo Master was a achievement for just the demo/episode 1 content. Office Romance, Dedicated Worker, and Working Man are Thursday achievements and shouldnt have anything to do with the Demo release.

As far as downloading Episode 6 it doesn't add any requirements to the above mentioned achievements. It does however add a whole bunch of new achievements to Thursday.
That's weird. That means I should've unlocked Demo master, but instead the game says 'Demo Master 3/4'. What could be missing if I've gotten every achievement except the 3 Thursday ones?

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Reanimate wrote:That's weird. That means I should've unlocked Demo master, but instead the game says 'Demo Master 3/4'. What could be missing if I've gotten every achievement except the 3 Thursday ones?
Then my suggestion to you is go back and hover the mouse over the Demo Master achievement and it should tell you which one you are missing

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:18 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Reanimate wrote:That's weird. That means I should've unlocked Demo master, but instead the game says 'Demo Master 3/4'. What could be missing if I've gotten every achievement except the 3 Thursday ones?
Then my suggestion to you is go back and hover the mouse over the Demo Master achievement and it should tell you which one you are missing
This is a new feature in Episode 6 and one of the main reasons for updating NOW rather than waiting. All of the content in E5 is still the same in E6, there is just more for Thursday. Just be sure to unzip to a different folder than E5 or else Export your Saves and Achievements to someplace safe before overwriting the old episode. I like to keep the old episodes intact in their own folder but many prefer to just keep one. YMMV.

The point of updating to the new episode now is that you will know exactly what you are missing for that bonus scene.