Episode 6 Options

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
moskys
Lunch Patron

Re: Episode 6 Options

Post by moskys » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:08 pm

Difficult choice. At first glance, I'm backing option 2. That content is already done and will give you enough time to do a proper job with the inclusions. Even if there are people dissapointed by the delays and this late change of plans, I think most of us understand your circumstances.

But if the inclusions do affect these paths, that meaning we'll need to replay through this content later on, then I'd go for releasing the inclusions first, as scheduled in option 1. Trying to minimize the number of 'invalid saves' was one of the main reasons why patrons voted for including the romanceable characters now, so it doesn't feel right to follow a different plan after been patiently waiting for 9 months. If we have waited so long, one more month doesn't make any substantial difference to me.

Anyway, there'll always be haters :roll:

OldCuteBoy
(1962-2016) Requiem in Pax

Post by OldCuteBoy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:09 pm

JFR wrote:Let me propose a new action. Why don't you poll your development team (or maybe just yourself) and release whichever option will best fit into your workflow and move your progress forward ...
I totally agree with JFR ;)
But if you want to have my choice I would like Option 1 more than Opt.2 ...
R.i.P.: OldCuteBoy
* 01.12.1963 - Dec. 01st 1963
+ 22.09.2016 - Sept. 22nd 2016

Thank you all for the condolences ...

ike121951
Lunch Patron

Post by ike121951 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:36 pm

I'm all for a delay while staying your planned course. I'm sure patience will be well rewarded!

Munsey20
Awesome Patron!

Post by Munsey20 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:06 pm

Either for me. Would love to see new content out. But more than happy to wait. I think the answer will end up being whichever works best for you. No one would be disappointed to much either way

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:47 pm

moskys wrote:Anyway, there'll always be haters :roll:
I haven't seen any haters for this project. Even on other boards people seem to be respectful and supportive. This is not always the case as many other projects have haters who are quite passionate in their hate. One of the differences in projects with haters and projects without haters is whether or not they charge money for content on a monthly basis. No one can accuse Wolfschadowe of "hitting the pay button" for personal profit and he does an excellent job of keeping the community informed. End result, if there is a hater for this project, they are well hidden.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:56 pm

As I'm happy with anything involving Faith and the next update with new Faith content is the same for both options, I'd vote for option 1. :mrgreen:
Better later than worse.

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:28 pm

d22249 wrote:
moskys wrote:Anyway, there'll always be haters :roll:
I haven't seen any haters for this project. Even on other boards people seem to be respectful and supportive. This is not always the case as many other projects have haters who are quite passionate in their hate. One of the differences in projects with haters and projects without haters is whether or not they charge money for content on a monthly basis. No one can accuse Wolfschadowe of "hitting the pay button" for personal profit and he does an excellent job of keeping the community informed. End result, if there is a hater for this project, they are well hidden.
OK, there'll always be somebody who would have prefered the other option :lol:

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Option 1 seems to more flow with the development of the story line. I think I'd rather wait for something that was intended than to have a non sequitur release just for the sake of releasing something.

Mik
BEW - Artist

Post by Mik » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:03 pm

I would love to see the Emily/ Faith bar scene sooner, so for me it is option 1.
But maybe it's more convinient for you to release quick what you already got and take a break then
(not meant to offend you)...

Damned, now I am confused, the mentioned Thursday bar scene, is it new content (a second night bar scene),
or is it the content you get when you choose to go to the strip club on Wednesday...?
Anyway, the strip club scene will also be released earlier with option 1... :lol:
I used to be a 3D-Artist like you.....but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Angelike

Post by Angelike » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:10 am

The two options have merit but the option to release with more content (option 1) looks appealing on the other hand its more than I was expecting from the EP 6 release.
Waiting for the extra content means possibly even more delays due to the extra content having to be tested translated debugged and could end up being next year.
It all depends on you and your team I have no real desire to see it released early or later.
I just think that waiting for the option one may mean it coming out much later than the projection.
Really you could just keep adding and adding and never really release to deadlines.
Only you and your team can really make this decision do what you think its your game.

Ideally there has to be planning schedules and extra included content should either make that release date or not.

I am not voting for either option 1 or 2 as this thread was just to get sounding points for a decision that only the creators should make

I have poor English hopefully people understand my points even if they dissagree with them :)
Last edited by Angelike on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demo Master (EP1)
You did it! You've seen and done everything in the demo/Episode 1

benedict

Post by benedict » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:57 am

The main reason people wanted the inclusion content done first is because it completely overhauls the game, invalidates saves, makes it necessary to replay a lot of scenes again. Releasing new content before the overhaul means there will be more stuff we'll need to replay later. Plus the more content you have, the more work you'll need to do to when you add the inclusions.

I'd say take all the time you need to switch to the new system. Polish the game internals as much as possible so they won't need to be touched again in the foreseeable future. The only thing you'll need to do after that is just add more content.

RobNorthman
Lunch Patron

Post by RobNorthman » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:28 am

Personally I've always been a fan of the "when it's done" release schedule, so option 1 for me as well.

Sebastian
Insane Patron!

Post by Sebastian » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:08 am

First of my condolences to you and your family. Losing a parent is never easy, my Dad passed in 2000. Make sure your family is all right before you worry about us.

I would go with option 1. Most of us have been waiting, patiently/impatiently, for the inclusion content to release so another month is nothing. That being said if it takes longer than that due to real life then that's what it takes.

Personal plug - Option 1 Think of the save files :)
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.

dedale101187

Post by dedale101187 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:42 pm

honestly the 2 options are interesting and although I want to have the result of the episode as soon as possible I think option 2 is most frustrating to have a little bit of inclusoin allow you to play 1 to 2 Maximum week while inclusion complete with all that implies will be more interesting and will avoid the delay of two months aditional for episode 7

after I'm not sure I understand all post .What is the page numbers Campus + Emily Pick up?

Regardie

Post by Regardie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:37 pm

I am for Option 1. I would rather have all the early content in and tested before the game moves to far past it.