Episode 6 Delayed

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
bad

Re: Episode 6 Delayed

Post by bad » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:07 am

Hi, when will the update ready?

dedale101187

Post by dedale101187 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:18 am

I join everyone to say you made an exellent job and this game is awesome but I'm not sure I understood everything to the last post Wolfschadowe (I'm French). There will be no result by December?

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:24 am

dedale101187 wrote:I join everyone to say you made an exellent job and this game is awesome but I'm not sure I understood everything to the last post Wolfschadowe (I'm French). There will be no result by December?
Welcome to the community!

No, he said that he's trying to finish this Episode in 6 months since the last release, so I think the waiting is almost over, maybe it takes him just a couple of weeks more or so (hopefully, since he is the only person working on graphics and text). This Episode is special (and larger) because it includes Azumi and Jasmine as romanceable characters, as patroners decided. If these inclusions were made later in the game, it would have taken about 18 months to develope that episodes, so people chose to do them now.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:31 am

dedale101187 wrote:I join everyone to say you made an exellent job and this game is awesome but I'm not sure I understood everything to the last post Wolfschadowe (I'm French). There will be no result by December?
No, it will be much sooner than that. Perhaps in the next few weeks for the next episode release. Wolfschadowe will make an announcement when he has the date finalized but it shouldn't be too much longer.

dedale101187

Post by dedale101187 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:02 am

OK thank you to moskysles and JFR for details. So we can hope to have news soon and the two following inclusion within say short-term average. If I understood correctly ?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:26 pm

bad wrote:Hi, when will the update ready?
Good Question!
dedale101187 wrote:There will be no result by December?
It will absolutely, certainly, without a doubt, be ready before December. (Maybe)
moskys wrote:If these inclusions were made later in the game, it would have taken about 18 months to develope that episodes, so people chose to do them now.
This is correct. Later in the game each of the 3 women being included would take about 6 months for each one. That would be a total of 18 months.

Because we are doing the inclusions now, before the end of day 2 in-game, they are taking much less time, but it's still a complex operation on my end. It's not just about the logic and models, but it's also about bringing the storylines of those three characters up to the standard of the other 5. They were left out initially from a pool of over 20, because their stories were weaker. Each girl has their own personal storyline through the game that runs in parallel to Brad's master storyline, and Brad's story also affects the girls that he interacts with, and influences them. That means that the girls stories are actually much more complex than Brad's. Much of the time involved in an inclusion is storyweaving everything together in a cohesive way. Keep in mind, many of the women interact with each other in various parts of the game, most obvious so far, Jasmine-Emily at the office. Faith-Emily at the bar. Natalie-Azumi at the strip club, and those stories need to be storyweaved into Brad's main story also. Finally, that storyweaving is for the full game, all 7 days, not just for this episode.

With that in mind, it's also important to note that I can't render an image until that section of the story is ready, since most of the story is told by the pictures.

So...here's the good news:

Muirgheal's inclusion work is complete. This was the easiest because we haven't met her yet in-game, and her overall story is shorter since she comes in later. All I had to do with this is upgrade her personal stories.
Jasmine's inclusion work is 99% complete. Story updating is done. Rendering is done. Logic is mostly done, and I'll be wrapping up the last 6 or so pages of her writing for this episode in the next day or two.
Azumi's inclusion work is about 80% complete. Story updating is mostly done. She's the most complex character, so the most difficult to storyweave. Her basic personal story was as developed as the main characters, but it's also much more complex, which is why I left it out of the main game. Rendering is about 75% done. Writing hasn't started yet.

If everything goes perfectly, I can probably finish the overall episode creation by the end of this month. If it doesn't go perfectly...well who knows, but it should still finish within a couple weeks.

Here's the bad news:
Testing & translation. While it's likely that I'll finish the episode by the end of the month, it still needs to go to testers for a few weeks and the translators need a couple weeks to do their work also. My plan is to finish up the Jasmine content today or tomorrow, and release that to the testers to get started with. After a week or two of testing, and after I take my second pass on the writing, we'll get that content out to the translators. Once the Azumi content is finished, I'll do the same with that, release it to testers for a couple weeks, and translators. Keep in mind that testing and translating can overlap. Once the initial test pass is done, and the first round of bugs/grammar/spelling/continuity checks are in, usually within the first few days of testing, then I do my second writing pass, which is basically taking the episode writing from rough draft to final draft form, that final draft goes to translators.

So I'm confident to meet a July 25th release date for the episode, (July 18 for those qualified for Early Access.) Also, as a reminder, the overall size of this release will be on the small side. Most of the work has been preparatory for future content. That means Jasmine's new content is about 60 pages. Azumi's is significantly larger at about 200 pages.

So, with all that said, I'd like to thank everyone for your patience!

Chappers
Lunch Patron

Post by Chappers » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Thanks for the Post!

Understand, its easier to lay down the foundations before you build the house!

donnymag

Post by donnymag » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:52 pm

Well, I don't know if that is bad news or good news... Bad, because this is a great game (and I love Jasmine), and, although I'm waiting patiently, I CAN'T WAIT! Good, because this is a great game (and I love Jasmine), and I know if I wait patiently,IT WILL BE GREAT! All jokes aside, I really enjoy this game, I am impressed by how complex the work is. I dislike the games where you say hi to a stranger, and then you have sex. There is a very good story going on here, and the characters are being fleshed out nicely. I hope the new episode is released sooner rather than later, but I understand how much work this is, and I (and all of us players) want you to be satisfied with your work before you release it to the rest of us! I look forward to the next release (and the one after that, and the one after that, etc), and I wanted to say thanks for all the work being put into this game.

buster23

Post by buster23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:14 am

Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to the new episode!

Shepard

Post by Shepard » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:26 am

Thanks for the heads-up, Wolf!!

Getting hyped to see the new inclusions, since Azumi was my favorite from the get-go. I'm also curious about Jasmine's corruption path and what it might entail!

OldCuteBoy
(1962-2016) Requiem in Pax

Post by OldCuteBoy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:54 pm

As a Tester & Translator I can tell you, the main-work will be testing, to keep up the quality of the game ;)
We need to test every step (the good- and bad ones) to find out if there are any broken or logical errors ...
The translations normaly need to go through the scripts and change the textes ...

Actually I don't know, how much changes I need to work through, but the complete game to V5 took me 1 week going through the java-script ;)
The tests are a bit harder, the more different ways are progged, the more logical probs, broken Links etc may happen ...

But it's always worth, to wait for the final update :D

Best regs
OCB
R.i.P.: OldCuteBoy
* 01.12.1963 - Dec. 01st 1963
+ 22.09.2016 - Sept. 22nd 2016

Thank you all for the condolences ...

dedale101187

Post by dedale101187 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:30 am

hi all i have a question about the content of episode 6, we said that in adding two person but at the time tram do Thursday night and unlock?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:04 pm

dedale101187 wrote:hi all i have a question about the content of episode 6
Apologies, I didn't understand your question fully, but I'll take a shot at answering it.
Episode 6 does not extend the game any further in time. It will still stop after work on Thursday. The primary addition that players will see for Episode 6 is about 45 pages of new content with Jasmine in the Thursday Office scene (Day 2) and about 200-300 pages of content on Wednesday with Azumi. I haven't done a full count of those, and it's probably closer to the 200 side.

Right now, the biggest bottleneck is getting the last 50 or so images for Azumi content rendered. My time at my render computer has been significantly less than expected over the last few weeks.

This episode is especially difficult because we are weaving new content into already released content, and I don't want to break the existing game. Future episodes will be significantly easier to produce. Episode 7 will continue the timeline beyond Thursday afternoon.

dedale101187

Post by dedale101187 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:41 pm

it's good I have the answer to the question asking, not what I think I have finished the game with 80% at the history I miss 10 trophy on Wednesday 4 and Thursday, so I hoped to have the following the 6 but hey we'll see episode 7. After I better understand the difficulty of episode 6 especially azumi and Jasmine are already very present. You have to have trouble just for the senario and code I not even speak. thank you for the reply and good luck for the end

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:39 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:Right now, the biggest bottleneck is getting the last 50 or so images for Azumi content rendered. My time at my render computer has been significantly less than expected over the last few weeks.
So I'm guessing that this episode is getting pushed into August.
I'm not complaining, just curious.