New skin

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
moskys
Lunch Patron

New skin

Post by moskys » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:39 pm

I've mixed emotions with the new skin. It's just a matter of time to get used to it, and I really don't mind having all the info displayed and the menu buttons on top. But there's something I definitely don't like: pictures and text are now very small, and we have a huge, empty grey zone at both sides and at the bottom of the screen. I like the idea of changing the classical Adventure Creator's layout, but I think that the size of the playing area was not one of its flaws.

That said, I think we should change some texts, now that relationship status is showed on hard mode too. Both 'Instructions' and 'difficulty setting' (after the Intro) pages tells the player that info is hidden on hard, which isn't true anymore :roll: .

Ripe

Re: New skin

Post by Ripe » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:49 pm

I'm not sure pictures are smaller now... I think it's optical illusion due to different positioning of them on the screen [they're lower then before now].

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:18 am

moskys wrote:I like the idea of changing the classical Adventure Creator's layout
BEW had it's own layout for a very long time - courtesy of yours truly. Actually Tlaero backported/reimplemented (parts of) the old BEW design to be the new AC default look.
Ripe wrote:I think it's optical illusion due to different positioning of them on the screen.
This plays into it, and on certain resolutions the images might be a tad smaller then previously - it is being tweaked. Currently it's only "optimized" for 1920x1080. For any other desktop resolution I just made sure that everything that needs to be visible is kind of visible.

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:39 pm

I've downloaded the last patch and everything is fine now. Thanks ;)