The wrap-up of Tlaero and Mortze

Anything goes, but forum rules still apply. All unicorns will be shot on sight.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

The wrap-up of Tlaero and Mortze

Post by JFR » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:02 am

For those who have enjoyed the Tlaero and Mortze series of games but are not patrons, I am sad to pass on that Tlaero has decided to retire from writing erotic games. Mortze has not announced any plans for the future but it is possible he may continue on his own or find another writing partner.

I have long felt that Tlaero's stories have made for the best pure writing in the genre. Much of her work would have been great without the sexy pictures. She wrote that this has been a tough decision but real life has a way of intruding into our hobbies. She is a successful software developer and a happily married mother. She intends to concentrate on those aspects of her life and I can't really blame her. Priorities!

I got to know her a little bit on-line and through her games and will miss her talent. I personally wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Re: The wrap-up of Tlaero and Mortze

Post by infiniteignorance » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:22 am

Tlaero wrote the two best games in the genre not named Ariane. She is not replaceable.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:27 am

JFR wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:02 am
real life has a way of intruding into our hobbies.
True. I hope that it was not someone at her job who disliked her hobby - that would probably be tough.
In any case, this is horrible news. I know that this is only virtual etc. etc., but this is a fine moment for some serious mourning of a loss.

edit:
Here's the announcement, perfectly readable for everyone without even having an account on Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/end-of-tlaero-26207455

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:41 pm

I'm really shocked. I didnt' see that coming, even after that 'worrying' Q&A when she confessed this hobby was a 'dirty secret' she kept from his beloved husband. Honestly, I thought it would end someday but not so sudden -and not this way. Darkness Falls Ep7 is done (I've just finished the Spanish translation and was about to send her the file when I came across this announcement on Patreon) and I really hope Mortze carries on from there, but I have my doubts. We'll have to wait for his comments on the subject. All in all, a very sad day for the genre and for all the people who somehow 'got to know Tlaero'. We'll miss her a lot but her happiness comes first.

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:32 pm

Some words from Mortze. Bad news, altough nothing definitive yet, for DF and Pandora as they are being developed with Tlaero's software and Mortze doesn't master the programming part of it :(
https://www.patreon.com/posts/few-not-really-26262753

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Sad news, but from a personal perspective, Tlaero has made the right choice for herself and her loved ones.

According to recent posts it looks like Mortze's art will continue to brighten our world in some new games with Iksanabot.

Tlaero is fiercely protective of her real identity because of the effect its linking to Tlaero would have on her family and work. As a female software developer, she has had to face significant discrimination because the field is dominated by men who until very recently would not accept that women possess the talent to code effectively. If they discovered that she wrote erotic games as a hobby, then would make her life hell.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:06 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:23 pm
Sad news, but from a personal perspective, Tlaero has made the right choice for herself and her loved ones.

According to recent posts it looks like Mortze's art will continue to brighten our world in some new games with Iksanabot.

Tlaero is fiercely protective of her real identity because of the effect its linking to Tlaero would have on her family and work. As a female software developer, she has had to face significant discrimination because the field is dominated by men who until very recently would not accept that women possess the talent to code effectively. If they discovered that she wrote erotic games as a hobby, then would make her life hell.
I don't really consider that a choice. Family > Work > Leisure

Personally, I think the fact that she is female always contributed greatly to her story telling. Male writers tend to miss the nuances of being female. I don't want to insult the work of other writers in the genre but her writing is why her games stand out above all others. She took the concepts created by Ariane Barnes to an entirely new level, one copied by every other independent adult-themed game developer.

BEW was (and is) one of the few games I've found that had (and has) the potential to be at that level.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Post by lurking » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:26 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:06 pm
Male writers tend to miss the nuances of being female.
This works in both directions.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:30 pm

lurking wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:26 pm
infiniteignorance wrote:
There are no nuances to being a male. It's all about getting to the sex. :lol:

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:30 pm

It's obvious Tlaero knows how to create credible characters and those "female nuances" and her 'respectful' approach to relationships in her games are nice and everything else you have said before, but the most important thing is that she knows how to tell a story. That's why I'm cautious with Iksanabot. I think I haven't played any of his games in LoP since all of them are premium (I think) so I don't know if he can tell a story -and I'm talking about something deeper and more interesting than 'decide if you wanna screw the maid or keep faithful to your wife' (yes it could be a truly deep and emotional story but I'm looking for something else). From what I've read so far from other people, including Tlaero's seal of approval, he can write well but that's not exactly the same as telling a story. We'll see.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:41 pm

moskys wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:30 pm
It's obvious Tlaero knows how to create credible characters and those "female nuances" and her 'respectful' approach to relationships in her games are nice and everything else you have said before, but the most important thing is that she knows how to tell a story. That's why I'm cautious with Iksanabot. I think I haven't played any of his games in LoP since all of them are premium (I think) so I don't know if he can tell a story -and I'm talking about something deeper and more interesting than 'decide if you wanna screw the maid or keep faithful to your wife' (yes it could be a truly deep and emotional story but I'm looking for something else). From what I've read so far from other people, including Tlaero's seal of approval, he can write well but that's not exactly the same as telling a story. We'll see.
Yes, this is where I am as well. Call it cautious optimism. Mortze himself said he was "concerned" (if that's the right word) that Iksanabot's writing would be more overtly sexual and less emotionally involved.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:55 am

infiniteignorance wrote:
Tao Dude wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:23 pm

I don't really consider that a choice. Family > Work > Leisure

Personally, I think the fact that she is female always contributed greatly to her story telling. Male writers tend to miss the nuances of being female. I don't want to insult the work of other writers in the genre but her writing is why her games stand out above all others. She took the concepts created by Ariane Barnes to an entirely new level, one copied by every other independent adult-themed game developer.

BEW was (and is) one of the few games I've found that had (and has) the potential to be at that level.
No arguments from me: I work to live, but am fortunate in that my work provides most of the intellectual challenges that i seek in my leisure time.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:05 am

moskys wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:30 pm
In his Patreon post, Iksanabot provides a link to his erotic story series on literotica https://search.literotica.com/?query=a% ... us%20tease: make your own mind up whether he can tell a story. My personal assessment is that he can write a story with sufficient depth.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:17 pm

Tlaero was a huge influence on me, and the inspiration for BEW. I will miss her greatly. I agree with all the sentiment of this thread, and feel she was the best to live up to in this genre.

Farewell Tlaero. It's a sad day for us all.

xsandman78

Post by xsandman78 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:34 pm

lurking wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:26 pm
infiniteignorance wrote:
It’s a shame she’s stopping as I always found her elsaverse writing and games interesting.
However i always felt she wasn’t very interested in writing her male characters.

Interesting news about iksanbot. I’ve liked some of his previous games though I found lwt2 to be a horridly mean, not sure if that’ll change in 5he coming revamp. Certainly very different to tlaero.