Topic appropriateness

Anything goes, but forum rules still apply. All unicorns will be shot on sight.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

Topic appropriateness

Post by JFR » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Ok, guys. I had several comments, both in the thread and in PMs, regarding the appropriateness of linking from this forum to a certain gamer's group known as "F." :lol:

When it first appeared, I was ok with letting it be for awhile to be discussed but I think the time has come to shut it down. Since the link is what caused some to be concerned, I have removed it along with the discussion.

I want to make it clear that Nersao did nothing wrong at all in sharing with the group. I appreciate having members be active and help others in finding alternative games to keep us busy while we wait. The problem is that there are strong opinions for and against as regards that particular group. Rather than re-litigate that entire argument here, it seems better to just leave those discussions for other venues. Discord seems to be aflame in discussions for and against.

Perhaps it would be better if we make our "other games" recommendations one developer or game at a time rather than entire gamer's websites.

lurking
Awesome Patron!

Re: Topic appropriateness

Post by lurking » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:55 pm

Thank you, JFR. :)

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:01 am

I'm all for free games but only when the developer intended for them to be free. That site and may others seem to have no issue with giving away work that was intended to be "patron only." I suppose there are people who have no issue with what amounts to receiving stolen merchandise but I'm not one of them.

Nersão

Post by Nersão » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 pm

JFR wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:01 pm
Ok, guys. I had several comments, both in the thread and in PMs, regarding the appropriateness of linking from this forum to a certain gamer's group known as "F." :lol:

When it first appeared, I was ok with letting it be for awhile to be discussed but I think the time has come to shut it down. Since the link is what caused some to be concerned, I have removed it along with the discussion.

I want to make it clear that Nersao did nothing wrong at all in sharing with the group. I appreciate having members be active and help others in finding alternative games to keep us busy while we wait. The problem is that there are strong opinions for and against as regards that particular group. Rather than re-litigate that entire argument here, it seems better to just leave those discussions for other venues. Discord seems to be aflame in discussions for and against.

Perhaps it would be better if we make our "other games" recommendations one developer or game at a time rather than entire gamer's websites.
Hey guys, good morning (from where I am it's morning...).
I didn't see anything after my post yesterday, and just came back now.... but if you're saying there was a discussion I believe you ;) .. perhaps you could e-mail me the rest of it only for me to catch up on it....
Anyway...I agree with everything that JFR said and did... and as I posted yesterday... if it was not ok then I would've asked myself for the staff to remove it (but JFR was faster!!!).... Just wanna make it clear that my only intention was to keep you guys entertained until we have a new BEW episode and I only shared it because everytime I go there I see the devs asking themselves to have their games there....
And as JFR said... lets share it one game at a time.... so I'm gonna create a new thread about a nice game... hope everyone can enjoy it...
Sorry for my English guys... not a native speaker!!!