When pieces don't fit?

Anything goes, but forum rules still apply. All unicorns will be shot on sight.
dutch
Not-so-Newbie

When pieces don't fit?

Post by dutch » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Now let me say Big fan of the game, like it a lot Wolf doing a great job! So This is not a being critical of the game in any way. Probably more about me then anything else. That being said.

Do you ever see something in a movie that doesn't stand out as wrong or nonsensical but once it's pointed out you sit there and say how could I have missed that. Now in interest of full disclosure I've been accused more then once of being over analytical and there are right.

So here's my question, Take a look at any old or even newer western movies. You have the classic town with rough saw wooden building, hitching rails in front, watering troughs for the horses. They also will make cover when the gunfight breaks out. So there's your setting. Now in the 90 or more odd years of making westerns, anybody ever seen a person fill those troughs. A few will have a pump attached, but most are free standing in a arid climate with no water system attached. But they are always full??????? Hmmm! Go ahead, watch an old western on late night TV and see if that question doesn't pop up in the back of your mind now? :lol:

Yeah these are the big questions the world is seeking the answers to!

Now don't get rowdy, just having fun.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: When pieces don't fit?

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:14 am

So, I'm playing a game and cracking open a tomb/cave/temple that is untouched for hundreds of years. cobwebs are everywhere, dust layered over everything. So..um...who lit all the torches?

dutch
Not-so-Newbie

Post by dutch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:48 am

Here's another tidbit of likely no interest. Think about all the western movies you've seen. How many stagecoaches have you watched travel the dusty trails? Did you know that they drove straight through the night? Very few people do. They would stop at weigh points or stations to change horses and the folks would be able to buy a meal. That's right not included in the ticket price. So they got a few points where they could get an hour downtime hear and there each day. But the trip from St. Louis to San Francisco would take 3 weeks in good weather. :o
Now we complain that our seat is to small, we didn't get our bag of peanuts, we had to wait for 20 minutes for our luggage and there was a baby crying for the whole 3 hour flight. That's the true sign of progress, the less it takes to make someone complain! :lol:

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:09 pm

dutch wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:48 am
... That's the true sign of progress, the less it takes to make someone complain! :lol:
First world problems. :lol: