New AIF Mystery Game

Anything goes, but forum rules still apply. All unicorns will be shot on sight.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

New AIF Mystery Game

Post by JFR » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Folks looking for an interesting "true crime" type mystery with really hot, well rendered sex scenes might want to check out "Depraved Awakening" by Philly Games. The adult content is quite good and the mystery part of the story is pretty well written. I should note that there is a little violence. It IS a murder mystery and we actually see some of that in the story. This is more of a virtual novel than a full-on game but there are some elements of choice that do make a difference in how the story unfolds. The story has a definite dark, film noir look.

I have been enjoying playing this one.

The free public version can be found at the link below. Patrons get a one chapter newer release.

https://www.patreon.com/phillygames/overview

Hannibal Barca
Crazy Patron!

Re: New AIF Mystery Game

Post by Hannibal Barca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:40 am

You are right, this is really good. Thanks for bring it up.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:38 am

Hannibal Barca wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:40 am
You are right, this is really good. Thanks for bring it up.
I noticed you had logged into their Discord channel, HB. Glad the recommendation was helpful. :)

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:04 pm

The game is well put together, but the sex scenes are a bit rough for my taste. I prefer stuff that is more fun and obviously consensual.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:23 pm

I agree that the bad guys are real jerks to the women. On the other hand, the protagonist seems to be pretty sensitive. It is a mixed bag, and not for everyone.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:32 am

Ok, I really should avoid editorial commentary but am feeling a little bit responsible because I recommended this game. The latest chapter just came out to patrons and I am pretty disappointed. The game, which started out really well, has taken a severe left turn into a shoot-em-up gore-fest. I was very sorry to see that. I am probably going to drop my patronage support after this change in direction. I will only tolerate so many dead bodies in what is supposed to be a sex game/story. Hand grenades and sex scenes just don't mix IMHO.

The graphics are still excellent and the writing is good for what it is but I feel like it needs an "R" rating for violence. Viewer beware.

finnigan

Post by finnigan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:57 am

Theres still some good ones out there jfr, Mrdots is doing some good stuff.
Dark cookie is killing it on patreon, Likesblondes is also creating a nice game and Daniels K. has finally moved to Renpy and is creating one of the best games out there in Lancaster Boarding House.

We all have to entertain ourselves until the new episode of Bew is out. :)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:23 pm

finnigan wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:57 am
Dark cookie is killing it on patreon, Likesblondes is also creating a nice game and Daniels K. has finally moved to Renpy and is creating one of the best games out there in Lancaster Boarding House.

You are right. I have already checked out most of those. I just didn't feel strongly enough about any of them to make a post here. If there is one or more that you particularly like, feel free to post a link so our other members can take a look. :)

Hannibal Barca
Crazy Patron!

Post by Hannibal Barca » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:51 pm

JFR wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:32 am
Ok, I really should avoid editorial commentary but am feeling a little bit responsible because I recommended this game. The latest chapter just came out to patrons and I am pretty disappointed. The game, which started out really well, has taken a severe left turn into a shoot-em-up gore-fest. I was very sorry to see that. I am probably going to drop my patronage support after this change in direction. I will only tolerate so many dead bodies in what is supposed to be a sex game/story. Hand grenades and sex scenes just don't mix IMHO.

The graphics are still excellent and the writing is good for what it is but I feel like it needs an "R" rating for violence. Viewer beware.
You could always put a hold rather than drop patronage, or just drop down a bit. I look at it as similar to Max Payne from a few years ago. Detective story that gets more intense the more is found out.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:41 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:51 pm
... You could always put a hold rather than drop patronage, or just drop down a bit. I look at it as similar to Max Payne from a few years ago. Detective story that gets more intense the more is found out.
I'll probably stick it out for another month or two to give him a chance to redeem himself. ;)

The major violence was in the early part of the episode and he did warn us it was coming. We'll see what comes later.

Munsey20
Awesome Patron!

Post by Munsey20 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 am

You guys tried DeepSleep Games, If not definitely worth a try

Hannibal Barca
Crazy Patron!

Post by Hannibal Barca » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Munsey20 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 am
You guys tried DeepSleep Games, If not definitely worth a try
Anna is beyond beautiful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:38 pm

finnigan wrote:

Agree about Dark Cookie and Daniels K. (just got my Tier 1 copy of V1.3 of LBH) Haven't seen the likesblondes game: i'll check that out.

Deep Sleep's Anna game is also very good. and K84 is doing some interesting visual novels.

Hannibal Barca
Crazy Patron!

Post by Hannibal Barca » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:51 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:38 pm
finnigan wrote:

Agree about Dark Cookie and Daniels K. (just got my Tier 1 copy of V1.3 of LBH) Haven't seen the likesblondes game: i'll check that out.

Deep Sleep's Anna game is also very good. and K84 is doing some interesting visual novels.
Links to save people from looking for them?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:35 pm