OT: Next Tora Productions game - SAVING CHLOE

Anything goes, but forum rules still apply. All unicorns will be shot on sight.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

OT: Next Tora Productions game - SAVING CHLOE

Post by JFR » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 am

Tora Productions (Tlaero and Mortze) have just announced the next title in their highly popular "Elsa-verse" series of related games. The fourth title in the multi-game story arc will be titled "Saving Chloe." For those who have enjoyed this series of games, the title alone will give a hint as to the content. We have been waiting to see what happens with this character.
- - - - - - - - - -

Tlaero's statement on their Patreon page follows:

"Announcing the title of our next game

Mortze and I have been working on our next game for a few months now, and, if you're a patron, you've been able to see the progress. It's hard to precisely determine how long a game like this will be, but I'm estimating that we're currently somewhere between a third and half done. We're far enough into the game now that I'm finally ready to reveal a little bit about it. Let's start with the title:
Saving Chloe

This game is the culmination of the story arc that started with Dreaming with Elsa and continued through Redemption for Jessika and Finding Miranda. This is what everything has been building toward. Many of the characters from those games have parts in it.

I'm working super hard on this. I've taken much of what I've learned in all of my previous games and incorporated it into this one. There's some consensus that we've made good games in the past. I want this one to be fantastic.

Over the coming months, I'll reveal more about it.

Tlaero"

Gary1219
Not-so-Newbie

Re: OT: Next Tora Productions game in development

Post by Gary1219 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:19 am

When I saw this title, my first thought was, "Is there that much forgiveness available?" Chloe has a lot of "history" with the members of Xara's merry band.
No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection ready unit has ever passed combat. -- Sgt. Murphy

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Re: OT: Next Tora Productions game in development

Post by Tao Dude » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:04 pm

Gary1219 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:19 am
When I saw this title, my first thought was, "Is there that much forgiveness available?" Chloe has a lot of "history" with the members of Xara's merry band.
Exactly, but
spoiler: show
her heart is not really in the bad stuff
spoiler: show
. She does what she does out of fear, not loyalty or because she is heartless like Crow and delights in people getting hurt.

Morland is just your average psychopath: destruction, pain and suffering are simply the most effective means to his desired end.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: OT: Next Tora Productions game - SAVING CHLOE

Post by JFR » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 am

Tora Productions new game, "Saving Chloe", has just been released. This is the fourth and final installment in the popular "Elsa-verse" series of games. It is HIGHLY recommended that new players experience the first three games in the series before tackling this one. Many assumptions are made that the player already knows details from those earlier games. The order they should be played is "Dreaming with Elsa," "Redemption for Jessika" and "Finding Miranda." "Saving Chloe" is the longest, most complex game Tlaero and Mortze have ever done together.

Download links for all titles in the series below.

SC_logo.jpg

Saving Chloe assumes you played the first three games. So here they are.

Dreaming with Elsa http://www.mediafire.com/file/e3o1n7ru73vmj9l/DwE.zip
Redemption for Jessika http://www.mediafire.com/file/t21ijc3xjwo5tga/RfJ.zip
Finding Miranda http://www.mediafire.com/file/maidcaieofkctdg/FM.zip

And here are the four publicly released short stories that take place in this universe. It's not necessary to play them for you to understand Saving Chloe, although Royal Guard and Dream Master do give some useful background information.

DwE: Learning to Fly http://www.mediafire.com/file/ijnmoe3wj ... DwELtF.zip
DwE: Royal Guard http://www.mediafire.com/file/rauvt2p8h0tuz7r/DwERG.zip
DwE: Dreaming with the Dead http://www.mediafire.com/file/xo44r4380 ... wEDwtD.zip
Dream Master http://www.mediafire.com/file/hkbjvjdjo ... Master.zip

And, finally, here's the link to the new game.

Saving Chloe http://www.mediafire.com/file/8fnz7ydf8sf9g6z/SC.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:00 am

I feel like I got through Saving Chloe way faster than I should have. :?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:13 pm

infiniteignorance wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:00 am
All of the paths?

I usually ration my play to one major story-line at a time and then put the game away for at least a day before starting a new one. So far I've finished 2 achievements (stories) and still have several to go. Should last me well over a week and then on to the bonus scene. :)

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:22 pm

JFR wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:13 pm
infiniteignorance wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:00 am
All of the paths?
That's the thing. It seems like I found the canon path on first try. From there, the rest were easy.

Boogie

Post by Boogie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 pm

With all the alternate paths, the main story is bound to be shorter. Tlaero's previous games are all pretty linear but the new approach I believe makes for a better product.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:58 pm

Boogie wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 pm
Tlaero's previous games are all pretty linear but the new approach I believe makes for a better product.
I agree. I happen to be a fan of branching story-lines. I might even consider adding a few to BEW. :P

Ajstaylim

Post by Ajstaylim » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:29 am

Finally,
after playing many times, I figured out all endings ....and story ..... can't wait to see next episode
....very nice game
Thanks Shadow for making this type game ....I really enjoyed the story ... waiting for see what happened next

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:51 am

This is a great game. The cannon ending is great but all of the non cannon endings are very cool as well. And once you get all endings the payoff is really cool.

I wish Tlaroe and Mortze the best on their monthly episodes. I like the first one with Christine but am looking forward to Darkness Falls.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Tlaero's Elsa-verse backstory AAA is also very good. It is clear why Tlaero was a successful science fiction writer in another life, and a shame that the Chinese wall between that life and her role as a games creator must be maintained.

The great author Nevill Shute also felt the he needed to maintain a separation between his persona as a writer and his professional role as an engineer on the R101 project amongst other things.