Other games of the same kind

Anything goes, but forum rules still apply. All unicorns will be shot on sight.
orrino
Insane Patron!

Re: Other games of the same kind to be patient

Post by orrino » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:31 am

finnigan

Post by finnigan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:21 am

Just incase anyone gets bored

www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26828

Ralcen
Awesome Patron!

Post by Ralcen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Temaru

Post by Temaru » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:03 am

New game released earlier this week:

www.patreon.com/cesargames

tonytony

Post by tonytony » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks for the links everyone, they will keep me busy for a while :D

Ralcen
Awesome Patron!

Post by Ralcen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi Folks!

I would like you to look at this artist and his games as I think that the graphic is very nice.

https://www.patreon.com/flamecito/posts

And I belive that he can use every patron he can get as the hurrican Irma has hit his or her home town.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: Other games of the same kind

Post by JFR » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:48 am

Those of you who are familiar with Tora Productions (Tlaero and Mortze) games know that they are very high quality Adult Interactive Fiction games with high-quality graphics and very imaginative and engrossing stories. Their current series is sometimes called "The Elsa-verse" after the main character in the first game of the interlinked series. The first 3 games developed a multi-chapter story-line through the titles "Dreaming With Elsa", "Redemption for Jessika" and "Finding Miranda." They are getting close to releasing the fourth and final chapter in the larger story arc with their new game "Saving Chloe." They are hoping to be able to release SC in January.

As a patron of Tora Productions (so is Wolfschadowe), I can heartily recommend their games for thoughtful players who enjoy engrossing, interesting stories and really hot girls rendered in great graphics. Anyone who decides to start their games should probably begin with "Dreaming With Elsa" and continue in order. The larger story might not make a lot of sense if played in any other order. All of Tora's games are completely free and can be downloaded from their Patreon page.

In addition to the main games, the team has released a series of short stories to their patrons which fill out the larger universe and background of the story characters. Several of those stories were later released to the general pubic and have been well-received. Tlaero just announced that she has made another of those background stories available to non-patrons. The short story "Dream Master" is now out for the public. It is a little different from their other, primarily graphic, stories in that this one is mostly a text story with a few very nice images dropped in here and there to spice things up. Tlaero is quite a story-teller and this one continues to answer some nagging questions about the background and origin of some of the important characters. It also leaves some additional questions to ponder over. The link for the story and three earlier games is below. Tlaero also included links to the other short stories she has released to the public:

http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4151

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Folks,

I know the waiting is over for now, but in addition to the general endorsement of Tora (Tlaero/Mortze) games, here are a few creators on Patreon that i also support that have not already been mentioned in this thread:

MuseX - Farmer's Dreams
https://www.patreon.com/musex

Jill Gates - Romancing the Kingdom
https://www.patreon.com/jillgates

Faerin - Man of the House
https://www.patreon.com/faerin

There are others, but I won't promote games on here that contain subject matter that is illegal in some jurisdictions.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:22 am

Tao Dude wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:21 pm
... I know the waiting is over for now ...
Thanks for the reminder. I've edited the thread title a bit to better represent what it is now.

Hannibal Barca
Crazy Patron!

Post by Hannibal Barca » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:13 am

https://www.patreon.com/deepsleep

The artwork is amazing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:15 am

Hannibal Barca wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:13 am
https://www.patreon.com/deepsleep

The artwork is amazing.
1.55GB ... :shock:

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:31 am

infiniteignorance wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:15 am
Yeah. There are other games out there that are even larger.

This is perhaps my biggest complaint about many new game developers. They simply do not know, or apparently care to know, that compressing images is simple to do, results in very little image degradation and makes for download packages roughly 75-90% smaller. I even made the suggestion once to a game maker I was supporting and he still regularly posts "updates" that exceed half a GB. I think at least one of the development software tools in common use among adult game makers makes it quite difficult to import compressed jpgs.

I imagine this game is very nice but will not be downloading due to the size. :(

Hannibal Barca
Crazy Patron!

Post by Hannibal Barca » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:34 pm

JFR wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:31 am
infiniteignorance wrote:

This is perhaps my biggest complaint about many new game developers. They simply do not know, or apparently care to know, that compressing images is simple to do, results in very little image degradation and makes for download packages roughly 75-90% smaller. I even made the suggestion once to a game maker I was supporting and he still regularly posts "updates" that exceed half a GB. I think at least one of the development software tools in common use among adult game makers makes it quite difficult to import compressed jpgs.

I imagine this game is very nice but will not be downloading due to the size. :(
Wasn't that College Life with Mike?

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:55 pm

JFR wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:31 am
infiniteignorance wrote:

Devs are getting lazy because disk space is relatively cheap: a 2TB SATA drive costs less than £60 in the UK, and they must be cheaper in the US. My main homebrew desktop machine has 6TB and i have another 8TB on my home NAS. I still have 1.5TB spare on my main data disk, so I'll give it a shot. 1.5GB is similar in size to some of the HD videos that I have downloaded from YouTube.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:55 pm
Devs are getting lazy because disk space is relatively cheap
The reason I convert to compressed JPG is bandwidth. On one side are those players that might have metered bandwidth, or hidden meters where ISP's throttle back speed. On the other side is bandwidth from my side to provide the bits in the first place. 200,000 downloads at 150MB vs. 200,000 downloads at 1.5GB is a huge difference for hosting costs.
Hannibal Barca wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:13 am
The artwork is amazing.
Yes it is. :)