What the??? Moments

Anything goes, but forum rules still apply. All unicorns will be shot on sight.
Shadowofmyself

What the??? Moments

Post by Shadowofmyself » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 pm

I think most people on this board will agree that BEW is a high quality game. But let's face it, the vast majority of the games to found on-line are ho-hum at best, to literally unplayable at worst. Over the holidays, I was trying out a rather lack-luster family corruption type game. Sorry don't remember the name but at the beginning you had the choice of "Taboo". The range was I think Super Taboo to Ultra Chaste. The only thing that really caught my eye with this game was if you chose the "Ultra Chaste", your wife's label ended up changing to "Step-Wife".

Step-Wife. Really. So here's a thread to share any game moments that made you say Wtf.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: What the??? Moments

Post by JFR » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:49 pm

Shadowofmyself wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 pm
... if you chose the "Ultra Chaste", your wife's label ended up changing to "Step-Wife".

Step-Wife. Really. Wtf.
:lol:

I suspect that was the result of a sloppy hunt/replace attempt to get around incest in the game, changing "sister" to "step-sister" and so forth. I've seen that before in other games - the choice to change "sister" to "step sister" or even to "childhood friend." How the author managed to get "step-wife" is probably a story in itself but definitely worth a chuckle. :D

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:58 am

For those who don't know what a "step-wife" is -- she is the woman who is married to your ex-husband. With that in mind, one can clearly see that the story totally changes... :sarcasm:

Shadowofmyself

Post by Shadowofmyself » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:35 pm

kexter wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:58 am
For those who don't know what a "step-wife" is -- she is the woman who is married to your ex-husband. With that in mind, one can clearly see that the story totally changes... :sarcasm:
Not sure how but after reading this I'm suddenly reminded of Newhart. Guy walks in flanked by two blondes, "Hello. My names Larry. This is my wife Hannah, and this is my other wife Hannah."

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Shadowofmyself wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:35 pm
This is my wife Hannah, and this is my other wife Hannah."
Daryl Hannah? :lol:

Shadowofmyself

Post by Shadowofmyself » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:45 pm
Daryl Hannah? :lol:
Of course. I wanted to make sure people had the right Daryl. I think she's still attractive.