General Translation Announcements

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

General Translation Announcements

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Those of you who are translating, if there are text changes to pages, I will post information here so that you can update your files and send them to kexter.

Thanks for your patience, and all of your hard work!

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: General Translation Announcements

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Several updates regarding mentioning the Strip Club by name as Manny's G-Spot. See Issue #BEW-205 for specific information.

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:54 pm

I was working on the Spanish localization and noticed by chance a minor change in the conversation with Jasmine on thursday morning, and I'm worried there could be more of that in wednesday's chats with Azumi, preparing the stage for their inclusions. I also realized that all the achivements related to Emily's apartment have changed their order. It would be nice of you to tell us the main modifications introduced in the already translated content (not that I'm complaining, it's just to make our job a little easier, especially when we think in the size that the .jss files are already getting: there are a lot of lines and there would be even much more, and I don't think it's very operative that we have to check the full game after each new episode).

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:20 pm

I don't recall a change recently, but it's possible that I could have forgotten. There shouldn't be any significant changes to existing content, but I'll try to let everyone know if it does come.

Not sure why the achievements reordered themselves. It may have been due to a bugfix where hidden achievements were unhidden.

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:10 am

Maybe it has something to do with the new format of the .js files. For instance, the 'thofficec026' lines in the new Spanish locale are all messed up, so now they don't make any sense during gameplay (Brad saying Jasmine's lines, she saying anything at all and things like that). I checked that and realized that there was like 4 or 5 dialogue options in the ES file that just wasn't available in the US file nor the game itself (but they had to be there in previous episodes, because I'd translated them).
spoiler: show

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:54 pm

moskys wrote:For instance, the 'thofficec026' lines in the new Spanish locale are all messed up, so now they don't make any sense during gameplay
Weird. I'll look into that in the next few days.

Regarding the spoiler, I forgot that was included this time, as it's a new hook for the inclusion content, so for some reason, I thought it would go out with the EP7 translations. We'll get those to you a lot earlier than we did on the EP 6 ones. :) Sorry for the confusion.

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:02 am

Don't worry boss, I understand this is a special release. After taking a closer look, I think the main problem lays on the format change. We had those 'text modifying functions' before, which were written on independent lines of the .js file and were triggered during gameplay by the player's score or the path chosen. Now I think these variations are included as regular text entries in their specific scene (the old html files), so some scenes have like 2 or 3 text entries more (or less) than before. And when you play the game in other language and reach one of this scenes, you'll read the English text because it's not rightly updated in the locale .js file you're playing with. So I think we'll have to carefully check those old text modifying functions and try to find where were they working and where are all their texts now. Fortunately, there were only a dozen of them or so

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 am

For all the translators out there, please check these lines on your new locale files comparing them with the ones on the locale.en-US file (which I assume we all take as a reference for our translations):

achievements.donD2A (and following apartment achievements)
thmcoffeea01b
thofficeb019a
thofficec026

They are 'old content' but seem to have been modified in this new release as I posted earlier on this thread, changing the order of the responses or something like that. Not sure if there are some more, these 4 are just the ones I've discovered so far

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:26 pm

moskys wrote:For all the translators out there, please check these lines on your new locale files comparing them with the ones on the locale.en-US file (which I assume we all take as a reference for our translations):

thmcoffeea01b
thofficeb019a
thofficec026
Here's another one:

thofficet087 (it now has a link ready for Jasmine's inclusion, so we have to update the translated text).

If someone can please check the club paths, it would be a great help

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:02 am

moskys wrote:
moskys wrote:For all the translators out there, please check these lines on your new locale files comparing them with the ones on the locale.en-US file (which I assume we all take as a reference for our translations):

thmcoffeea01b
thofficeb019a
thofficec026
Here's another one:

thofficet087 (it now has a link ready for Jasmine's inclusion, so we have to update the translated text).
One more:

n1clubsofa019 (it now has 4 options, text changes if Brad doesn't knows Azumi's name)