Spanish version

moskys
Lunch Patron

Spanish version

Post by moskys » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:15 am

¡Hola!

First of all, thanks Wolfschadowe, Kexter et al for your impressive work. I'm a big fan of BEW and a couple of weeks ago I've finally found some spare time to start a Spanish translation of the game (Spanish from Spain, not LatinAmerican Spanish, which is a slightly different language, especially since we are talking about sex). I think I have translated all the released content, but I've found some issues I want to solve before sending you the file:

1.- A minor one. I think there's something wrong with Brad's answer in 'thofficeefp068b' file. It just doesn't make sense to me. I think you may have copypasted the answer from previous files, but I feel it should be a different line. Please check it out.

2.- The big one. I've used '_locale.it' as a base for my Spanish translation, so I copypasted that file into another folder and replaced the Italian words, checking '_locale.en' and HTML files. I had to add some Achievements that were missing (the last 6 as they appear in '_locale.en') and also a couple of Bar endings in Day 1 ('n1-bargent09 and n1-bargent10). But appart from that, it was the easy part (thanks NickNKVD).
Now the problem: Once finished, in order to test the game and see if minor layout changes should be made (you know, like changing some <br> or trying to use less words in certain lines), I tried to replace the original '_locale.it' with my new version, but the game doesn't seem to recognize it. When I run the game and select Italian language, it just keeps going in English. I've used Wordpad, and I didn't change the .jss extension and I didn't change anything in the file that shouldn't be translated (even the first lines are the same, with Italian Locale, NickNKVD's name and date). I don't know if it's only my computer or if I've erased some JS commands without noticing (I've look for unclosed commands but I can't see any), but it just doesn't work. I would like to run a proper test before sending you the translation, but I just can't.
That said, I've also tried to translate the orginal '_locale.it' in its original folder. I changed a few lines and it seemed to work, but then the game was full of those strange symbols that Java uses to replace some letters, apostrophes and stuff, and I gave up. Once again, I don't know if I have to change every accent, question and exclamation's opening marks and 'Ñ's into their unicode format or if it's just something wrong with my computer. I have no programming skills at all :oops: .

Think that's all. Please let me know what the next steps are.

NickNKVD

Re: Spanish version

Post by NickNKVD » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Ciao,
thank you, I didn't have in my BEW's files those achievements and endings. I will add them asap.

I can not help you for your problem, but at the beginning I had it too. Most likely you have made a mistake with some parenthesis or comma of JS code.

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 pm

moskys wrote:Please let me know what the next steps are.
Hi! First of all thanks for all the effort. And to answer your question, upload the current version of your locale.*.js file and send me a link in a PM. I'll fix it up and send you back a version you can test properly.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:39 am

moskys wrote:I think I have translated all the released content
Thank you a lot moskys! I know it was a big effort and it's very appreciated.

I'll look into your observation about thofficefp068b tomorrow when I have some time. I looked briefly and thing you are right in that it doesn't quite fit.

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:31 pm

OK, PM sent
Wolfschadowe wrote:Thank you a lot moskys! I know it was a big effort and it's very appreciated.
have to admit I almost panicked when I saw there were roughly 450 files only in the stripclub folder :o