Brad's Erotic Week FAQ

Look here for forum rules and frequently asked question.
Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Brad's Erotic Week FAQ

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed May 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Why are you asking for donations or patronage?
I'm making the game primarily for my own entertainment, and it will always be provided free. Even though this is my hobby, separate from my normal daily job, and family life, there are costs associated with this hobby. I'm happy to pay those costs myself, of course, but any help from those of you who enjoy the game as a way to say thanks, or encourage me to keep continuing the story is appreciated. Additionally, with the support of donations and reoccurring pledges from patrons, I am able to provide perks to everyone, such as this dedicated, ad-free forum, better rendering, more content per episode, and similar things that just help make the game better.

I'm a patron. Why don't I have access to the private, patron only online version of the game?
The private online version of the game is targeted to go live on June 1st. Make sure that you create an account on this forum and PM Wolfschadowe to be added to the Patron group which will give access to the ad-free, online version of the game earned through reaching the Patreon milestone. Be sure you provide your Patreon name so that I can make sure that you are granted proper permissions based on your pledge level. Alternatively, you can message me on the Patreon site and give your forum username.

I'm a patron, Why don't I have access to the patron sections of the forum
See above for information about linking your patron account and permissions level. You will only have access to the patron sections and downloads matching your pledge level.

I'm not a patron, but I want to become one. How do I do it?
See the Patron site at http://bew.rocks/patron for more information.

I want to say thanks by making a one-time donation instead of a reoccurring pledge. Where can I do that?
One time donations can by made via my donations page

What is the difference between the patron online version of the game, and the other versions like found at Playforce One, or that I can download?
The private online version will always be up to date with the latest patches and fixes. Also, there is no advertising on this site as it is funded by the Patreon backers. Thank you patrons! The only content difference is that new episodes show up here for Dinner level patrons and above one week early.

The other sanctioned online versions are updated based on the availability and speed of their admins, although some hot-fixes are automatically applied. Those sites are ad supported, so you will have to put up with that.

The download version is identical to the online version, although updates might be slower as patch packages are distributed, but this can be mitigated somewhat by enabling online hot-fixes from the menu. The benefit is that you can play anywhere, anytime without an internet connection. Also, pages and images will load faster.

Why can't I post or find walkthroughs here?
While I understand the desire for walkthoughs, this game is designed to have multiple paths, and also to help out. A lot of lore, hints, and content is provided on what some would consider "failure paths" although some of those perceived failures may turn out beneficial in later episodes. If you are truly stuck, I would unofficially recommend ExLibris' excellent walkthroughs at http://bew.rocks/walk As one of the game's master testers, ExLibris has the insight necessary to provide reliable and accurate information.

Where can I download the game?
When Episode 3 is released the first public downloads will appear on the BEW - Vault. All BEW related downloads can be found here. You must be signed into the forum to access restricted content like patron rewards.

Oh Noes! I think I found a bug! Where can I report it?
Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker. This will help ensure that they are addressed and won't get missed in the forums. Also, if you have some ideas to make the game better, don't hesitate to submit those through the bug tracker as well!

More Coming Soon™

(Need to have some more frequent questions before having them listed. :) )