Debug Mode Information

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
Twist_21

Debug Mode Information

Post by Twist_21 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone who knows how the debug mode works knows if there is any way to jump to different points through the game. I only ask because i had the episode 5 version with all the achievements and all the saves for every major path through the story. When i downloaded the episode 6 version and tried to import my saves and achievements for some reason it both wiped my episode 5 version and gave me what seem to be blank exported files. I have managed to get the achievements back through debug mode however i wondered if there is anyway to shortcut through the paths in order for me to get my saves. Or will i have to play through the game again on every path? :cry: Thanks for any help :D

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Debug Mode Information

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Debug mode is not supported, and can potentially both break the game and also delete all of your achievements if used incorrectly. Use at your own risk.

With that disclaimer out of the way, it's not possible to navigate to pages with debug mode. It's still required to manually navigate to the desired pages.
This is the second report I've seen where importing Episode 5 save games and achievements fails. We'll need to look into that. Can you PM me and Kexter your Episode 5 Savegame and Achievement files.?

Twist_21

Post by Twist_21 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:47 pm

Yes i know it isn´t supported, and i wouldn´t usually use it but the thought of going through every path and getting every achievement again was very daunting even though it´s a fantastic game! Especially as i had only just finished it. Unfortunately i deleted my achievements one because i managed to use the debug mode to get them back, however i still have the save one that doesn´t work so i´l PM that to both of you. Thanks for your quick reply and all your hard work!

Side note¨: Theoretically, would it work if either you or one of the other players had the saves for the game paths and sent me a copy of their exported save files? Thanks again

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:59 pm

I just have to say it. :) It shouldn't break the game, but it can. I almost exclusively play with debug mode on, simply so I can verify that everything is working properly.
Twist_21 wrote:Theoretically, would it work if either you or one of the other players had the saves for the game paths and sent me a copy of their exported save files?
Yes. There is no identifying information or personal tracking information in the savegame export or the achievements export. They can be exported and imported freely between computers and players, if desired. I don't recommend players swapping savegames and achievements only because importing will completely overwrite whatever you have and you will lose all of your personal progress. Unless, of course, you have your own backed up.

Twist_21

Post by Twist_21 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Yes that makes sense, and honestly i wasn´t even aware there was a debug mode until i was looking through the forums trying to find a solution to this problem :lol: it will be off and stay off now that i have at least got my achievements back and know it can´t help me with saves. Don´t want to lose everything again!

Great, i will be a super pain in the butt and start another topic seeing if anyone wouldn´t mind sending me their main path saves, if not i´l just have to play through them again! Yeah i understand it would overwrite all current saves, but at the moment i don´t have any saves anyway so that´s not a problem :lol: Thank you again for the quick reply and your advice!